Grenfell bonfire

If it ain't amber or ain't football then it belongs here!
User

penycwm county

Pembrokeshire

Grenfell bonfire

Postby penycwm county » November 6th, 2018, 7:08 pm

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/g ... e-13538263

has society reached rock bottom yet ?
no avatar
User

rncfc

Caerphilly

Re: Grenfell bonfire

Postby rncfc » November 6th, 2018, 9:32 pm

I think society has unfortunately always been this way, it's just that in this day and age everything people do is recorded.

I can recall in my youth disgusting jokes about James Bulger and other sick topics being par for the course for some people.

I hate social media with a passion, but if there is one good thing to come from it I think it's that people will ultimately become more conscious of their behaviour.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » November 6th, 2018, 11:56 pm

rncfc wrote:I think society has unfortunately always been this way, it's just that in this day and age everything people do is recorded.

I can recall in my youth disgusting jokes about James Bulger and other sick topics being par for the course for some people.

I hate social media with a passion, but if there is one good thing to come from it I think it's that people will ultimately become more conscious of their behaviour.

There is a dilemma here. Doctors and nurses in A&E often indulge in black humour/ sick jokes. If pushed to explain the reason is obvious. It is a coping mechanism. To dwell too long on how tenuous our hold on life is would drive us mad.

The hurt was caused by the fact that much of what has always happened in private is now broadcast on social media.

That does not lesson the very real distress that will have been caused to those who lost loved ones at this disaster.

Perhaps if it causes us all to think about how our behaviour can effect others might lead to a more gentle world.
no avatar
User

rncfc

Caerphilly

Postby rncfc » November 7th, 2018, 12:09 am

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
rncfc wrote:I think society has unfortunately always been this way, it's just that in this day and age everything people do is recorded.

There is a dilemma here. Doctors and nurses in A&E often indulge in black humour/ sick jokes. If pushed to explain the reason is obvious. It is a coping mechanism. To dwell too long on how tenuous our hold on life is would drive us mad.

The hurt was caused by the fact that much of what has always happened in private is now broadcast on social media.

That does not lesson the very real distress that will have been caused to those who lost loved ones at this disaster.

Perhaps if it causes us all to think about how our behaviour can effect others might lead to a more gentle world.

Yep, agreed! I know I'm more conscious of my behavioiur these days in the knowledge that if I act like a tit there's a chance I'll regret it a few hours later when it's splashed all over the net. Thank god there was no Facebook/Twitter, etc when I was 16-21. I'd have been stuffed!
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » November 7th, 2018, 1:56 pm

rncfc wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Yep, agreed! I know I'm more conscious of my behavioiur these days in the knowledge that if I act like a tit there's a chance I'll regret it a few hours later when it's splashed all over the net. Thank god there was no Facebook/Twitter, etc when I was 16-21. I'd have been stuffed!

You, me and everyone else.
no avatar
User

mad norm

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Postby mad norm » November 7th, 2018, 3:46 pm

The tragedy has brought out the best and worst of society
I think the lowlife that sought to gain financially by false representation are just as beyond contempt as the bonfire filth