Compensation

If it ain't amber or ain't football then it belongs here!
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Compensation

Postby neilcork68 » November 8th, 2018, 3:16 pm

I read a news article yesterday about Ched Evans taking the lawyers to court who represented him when he was accused with rape.

He is claiming for 'loss of earnings' because he has now been found not guilty of the crime he was alleged to have committed .and they failed at their job by not getting him off in the first trial

What next , he takes the jury and Judge to court as well ????

The worlds gone mad.........
no avatar
User

Cornish Exile

Re: Compensation

Postby Cornish Exile » November 8th, 2018, 8:32 pm

neilcork68 wrote:I read a news article yesterday about Ched Evans taking the lawyers to court who represented him when he was accused with rape.

He is claiming for 'loss of earnings' because he has now been found not guilty of the crime he was alleged to have committed .and they failed at their job by not getting him off in the first trial

I'm surprised he hasn't taken the Police to court for setting him up in the first place.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Re: Compensation

Postby Stan A. Einstein » November 9th, 2018, 1:36 pm

neilcork68 wrote:I read a news article yesterday about Ched Evans taking the lawyers to court who represented him when he was accused with rape.

To win he would have to show his lawyers were incompetent and/or negligent. It is a very high test. It's not enough to show bad decisions were made but in effect he would have to show that decisions they made can't be explained.

Having read an albeit truncated version of the trial, it seems to me that there is one massive inconsistency. That being either he and his codefendant were both guilty or both innocent. The finding at the first trial was in my view an inconsistent verdict. That though is at the hands of the jury and the trial judge. And he won't get any change there.

Moving on and by way of observation. I have sat in courts when juries have found my client guilty on evidence which wouldn't make me kick my dog. Not sour grapes, I have sat in courts when juries have acquitted my client on evidence so compelling that even I would have convicted.

Horrible truth. You like to think the systems of justice produce the right outcome. They are in fact a total lottery.