Hello from America!

If it ain't amber or ain't football then it belongs here!
no avatar
User

VikingNoah

Hello from America!

Postby VikingNoah » December 29th, 2018, 10:16 am

Hello everyone!

I’ve only just recently discovered Newport AFC while digging around to learn more about football (soccer to us here in the US) in various European leagues. Newport Beach (about halfway between Los Angeles and San Diego/Mexican border) is very near where I live, so it is exciting to find a club with such rich history that shares a name.

Hopefully I’ll make it over to see a game in the next couple of years. Otherwise, I’ll just have to cheer from afar.

All the Best,
~Noah
no avatar
User

mad norm

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Re: Hello from America!

Postby mad norm » December 29th, 2018, 10:39 am

Noah? Ark at you!!!!

A Wise choice to follow the mighty Port

Perhaps your support from Uncle Sam will inspire us out of our slump

I'm sure those on this forum will welcome your input

Greetings

Regards to Mr Trump if you see him :cheers:
User

penycwm county

Pembrokeshire

Postby penycwm county » December 29th, 2018, 2:06 pm

Do you think that President Trump would like to buy the club ?
no avatar
User

VikingNoah

Postby VikingNoah » December 29th, 2018, 10:34 pm

Oh no, don’t tell me that the bids from Pierce Brosnan and Sir Tom Jones fell through!
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » December 30th, 2018, 2:24 am

VikingNoah wrote:Hello everyone!

I’ve only just recently discovered Newport AFC while digging around to learn more about football (soccer to us here in the US) in various European leagues. Newport Beach (about halfway between Los Angeles and San Diego/Mexican border) is very near where I live, so it is exciting to find a club with such rich history that shares a name.

Hopefully I’ll make it over to see a game in the next couple of years. Otherwise, I’ll just have to cheer from afar.

All the Best,
~Noah

Hi Jerry how was prison
no avatar
User

VikingNoah

Postby VikingNoah » December 30th, 2018, 5:14 am

UPTHEPORT wrote: Hi Jerry how was prison

Not sure I understand this one.
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Postby pembsexile » December 30th, 2018, 1:15 pm

VikingNoah wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote: Hi Jerry how was prison

Not sure I understand this one.

Hi VikingNoah and welcome aboard to the County fan club. We need all the support we can get. I should let you know a bit about the club history.

Many years ago we had a bad experience by a North American citizen who 'bought', and I use that term lightly, our club and (with some other issues) played a major part in the demise of our club. We had our own wilderness years and it took some fantastic work by a lot of club officials and players over the years (30 in all) to get where we are at the moment.

We hear that the man who bought us eventually went to prison for an unrelated incident. It became apparent that he thought he was buying a much bigger UK club than us - Newcastle, instead of Newport and saw it as part of a get rich quick scheme. The club and the fans paid the price, he didn't.

If you want to know more, Google us and look at our history, it will enlighten you far better than I can. What I will say is this - if you want to become a fan, prepare for a very bumpy ride. Routine mediocrity, occasional disaster, sometime normality, punctuated by some rare moments of sheer bloody ecstasy. Don't say that you weren't warned!!
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » December 30th, 2018, 1:38 pm

no avatar
User

pembsexile

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Postby pembsexile » December 30th, 2018, 1:58 pm

UPTHEPORT wrote:https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/man-gets-7-years-in-prison-for-hockey-scam/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSW-KU4BVrU

Explains it far better than I can.