How do you know someone's a vegan

If it ain't amber or ain't football then it belongs here!
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

How do you know someone's a vegan

Postby UPTHEPORT » January 3rd, 2019, 4:41 pm

They fecking tell you Ffs :roll: God their boring :roll:

Tell you now say 15-20 years us meat eaters will be treated like smokers are now
no avatar
User

mad norm

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Re: How do you know someone's a vegan

Postby mad norm » January 3rd, 2019, 5:35 pm

I suspect they fart more as well
no avatar
User

rncfc

Caerphilly

Postby rncfc » January 7th, 2019, 5:46 pm

UPTHEPORT wrote:They fecking tell you Ffs :roll: God their boring :roll:

Tell you now say 15-20 years us meat eaters will be treated like smokers are now

I am reliably informed that quorn substitutes are actually quite good these days. I might give them a go to be honest; the older I get the more I think that killing animals for food is pretty pointless when meat-free substitutes can easily be obtained.

In 200 years or so, I reckon children of the future will look back on our generation like we do the cave men for structurally slaughtering creatures for food.

That said, I might grab myself a Big Mac on the way home from work.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » January 7th, 2019, 8:32 pm

rncfc wrote:

I am reliably informed that quorn substitutes are actually quite good these days. I might give them a go to be honest; the older I get the more I think that killing animals for food is pretty pointless when meat-free substitutes can easily be obtained.

In 200 years or so, I reckon children of the future will look back on our generation like we do the cave men for structurally slaughtering creatures for food.

People eat cattle. There are plenty of cattle.

People eat pigs. There are plenty of pigs.

People eat chickens. I think we all get my drift.

People don't eat Giant Pandas.

People don't eat white rhino's.

People don't eat tigers.

I think we all get my drift. 8)
no avatar
User

OLDCROMWELLIAN

TrefGruffydd

Postby OLDCROMWELLIAN » January 7th, 2019, 9:38 pm

There are far too many people in this world dying of starvation. I know it's academic but far more people would starve if the population became vegan. Not enough food to go around.
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » January 8th, 2019, 12:40 am

rncfc wrote:

Thing is I can't do fungi that's what it it is quorn
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » January 8th, 2019, 12:43 am

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:There are far too many people in this world dying of starvation. I know it's academic but far more people would starve if the population became vegan. Not enough food to go around.

Actually there is enough food to feed us all. If we were to rely on a plant based diet there would be even more.
no avatar
User

OLDCROMWELLIAN

TrefGruffydd

Postby OLDCROMWELLIAN » January 8th, 2019, 9:41 am

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:There are far too many people in this world dying of starvation. I know it's academic but far more people would starve if the population became vegan. Not enough food to go around.

Actually there is enough food to feed us all. If we were to rely on a plant based diet there would be even more.

This is a very interesting debate, although certainly hypothetical. Given people are still starving in the world, even with the availbility of meat products reared in areas where plants cannot be commercially grown; although accept more areas can be converted to plant growing. The logistics of food distribution appears to be a major obstacle, and who knows by how much the population will increase and in what parts of the world.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » January 8th, 2019, 1:45 pm

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

This is a very interesting debate, although certainly hypothetical. Given people are still starving in the world, even with the availbility of meat products reared in areas where plants cannot be commercially grown; although accept more areas can be converted to plant growing. The logistics of food distribution appears to be a major obstacle, and who knows by how much the population will increase and in what parts of the world.

Try reading Thomas Malthus. Actually read a shortened critique of his work. Whilst I and most others think he's wrong it does make an interesting starting point. I would then suggest Marx, not so much for the political point but rather his economic analysis. With which I agree. That is I agree to the extent that an unfettered capitalist system fails the community (100% agree) and will one day implode,(100% hope.)

Best,

Stan
no avatar
User

mad norm

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Postby mad norm » January 8th, 2019, 4:48 pm

Agree with your Marx suggestion...Duck Soup, a good film for vegans
no avatar
User

OLDCROMWELLIAN

TrefGruffydd

Postby OLDCROMWELLIAN » January 9th, 2019, 9:52 am

mad norm wrote:Agree with your Marx suggestion...Duck Soup, a good film for vegans

Chwarae teg to you Norm . You do make me laugh. :lol: With so many accusations of mental health issues on this forum, it's good to be reminded that it can have a positive side sometimes as ably demonstrated by yourself.