Empty seats in the stand 6,705 attendance.

If it ain't amber or ain't football then it belongs here!
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Empty seats in the stand 6,705 attendance.

Postby Stan A. Einstein » January 6th, 2019, 6:43 pm

I love Newport County.

The idea we sold out our ticket allocation is a lie. I trust those who were saying I was wrong in my assessment will now have the grace to acknowledge that.
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Rank

Re: Empty seats in the stand 6,705 attendance.

Postby Willthiswork » January 6th, 2019, 6:46 pm

Not at all - the tickets were sold - if people didn't turn up that's another matter.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » January 6th, 2019, 7:28 pm

Willthiswork wrote:Not at all - the tickets were sold - if people didn't turn up that's another matter.

Rubbish. Too happy to worry that you want to talk nonsense.
no avatar
User

Dave John

Postby Dave John » January 6th, 2019, 7:41 pm

Oh Stan ... so what?
no avatar
User

mad norm

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Postby mad norm » January 6th, 2019, 7:55 pm

Dear Newgroundrodney do your statistics show what proportion of Stans posts ask people to apologise and acknowledge his Omnipotence?

:roll: :cheers:
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Postby George Street-Bridge » January 6th, 2019, 7:56 pm

Narcissist poison.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » January 6th, 2019, 7:57 pm

Dave John wrote:Oh Stan ... so what?

If you have a capacity of 7,850 and you get a crowd of 6705 having increased your prices then it is a legitimate argument that had the club not increased their prices a full house would have meant greater revenue. However my main gripe is that if only a few people were deterred from going then perhaps we threw away possible life long supporters for a quick few bob.

Oh yeah, in saying the game was a sell out when it clearly wasn't we were all lied to. And notwithstanding I am delighted with the result today I find that the club telling lies spoils it a little for me.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » January 6th, 2019, 8:02 pm

George Street-Bridge wrote:Narcissist poison.

Personal abuse from George.

Sad really. Why not just acknowledge I was right? :grin:
no avatar
User

excessbee

Postby excessbee » January 6th, 2019, 8:08 pm

The 'sell out' threshold is the number of tickets on sale. About 7000. You're still quoting 7850 which is not correct for a sell out for this game.
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Rank

Postby Willthiswork » January 6th, 2019, 8:17 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

If you have a capacity of 7,850 and you get a crowd of 6705 having increased your prices then it is a legitimate argument that had the club not increased their prices a full house would have meant greater revenue. However my main gripe is that if only a few people were deterred from going then perhaps we threw away possible life long supporters for a quick few bob.

Oh yeah, in saying the game was a sell out when it clearly wasn't we were all lied to. And notwithstanding I am delighted with the result today I find that the club telling lies spoils it a little for me.

Facts are rarely your fortè Stan. The official capacity and the match capacity do often change for big games where seats and some standing areas are not available. Also don't forget we don't use part of the terrace behind the dugouts.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » January 6th, 2019, 8:19 pm

excessbee wrote:The 'sell out' threshold is the number of tickets on sale. About 7000. You're still quoting 7850 which is not correct for a sell out for this game.

No.

The camera panned across a lot of empty seats in the Bisley Stand. The north terrace was about half full.

It was said County had more than a 6,000 allocation and Leicester over a 1,000.

Newport County made a decision not to sell tickets today. I have no problem with that. However in saying the ground was sold out my club lied.

Like George you may fail to have the courage to accept that once again I was right in my assessment. As I said delighted with today's result, Saddened that some genuine supporters might have been priced out of being there today.
no avatar
User

The Cat

Ponthir,Wales

Postby The Cat » January 6th, 2019, 8:38 pm

Good god. How sad are you? Couldn't give a jot. What a performance on and off the pitch.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » January 6th, 2019, 8:41 pm

Willthiswork wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Facts are rarely your fortè Stan. The official capacity and the match capacity do often change for big games where seats and some standing areas are not available. Also don't forget we don't use part of the terrace behind the dugouts.

Had the dugouts been in front of the empty seats in the Bisley or the empty parts of the north terrace you might have a point.

The club lied. And no matter how you try to make out facts are not my forte you merely draw attention to that fact that I am right. You can a;lways tell when I'm right. George Street Bridge just starts hurling abuse. :grin:
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » January 6th, 2019, 8:44 pm

The Cat wrote:Good god. How sad are you? Couldn't give a jot. What a performance on and off the pitch.

It was a great backs to the wall performance. If you couldn't give a jot about our club telling lies, what are you doing posting on the subject?.
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Postby George Street-Bridge » January 6th, 2019, 8:47 pm

I reckon Stan's "greedy morons" got the ticketing spot on.
Next