Empty seats in the stand 6,705 attendance.

If it ain't amber or ain't football then it belongs here!
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Re: Empty seats in the stand 6,705 attendance.

Postby Stan A. Einstein » January 8th, 2019, 7:27 pm

George Street-Bridge wrote:You need professional help with that apology fetish.

Hi George, I was wondering how long it would take you to insinuate mental health problems. Again.

On a serious point, those living with mental health problems, and those loving people with mental health issues would rightly feel that the insinuation that someone is mentally ill is an insult might find such comments desperately hurtful. We would all be outraged if someone came on here and said 'Stan you are a spastic'. However for some reason to use the same sort of insult about mental illness seems to be okay.

I think we all should temper our language, don't you?
no avatar
User

countyareup

Postby countyareup » January 8th, 2019, 7:36 pm

Stan, maybe you should just chill out and not worry about things beyond your control. It's gone, finished, answers have been given, give it a rest. Goodness knows how you would have reacted, if the team hadn't performed on the pitch.
no avatar
User

mark oh

Postby mark oh » January 8th, 2019, 7:40 pm

some seats in bisley were empty because everyone in the 100 are allocated a seat and like so all the fans in boxes,whether they take up their seats or stay inside probably accounts for some of these spaces
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » January 8th, 2019, 7:47 pm

countyareup wrote:Stan, maybe you should just chill out and not worry about things beyond your control. It's gone, finished, answers have been given, give it a rest. Goodness knows how you would have reacted, if the team hadn't performed on the pitch.

Hi,

I have every sympathy with your view. I will respond to every insult. I will answer any question posed. Other than that I won't post on this topic. Tell me, will you be asking, those who keep firing insults at me to give it a rest? :grin:
no avatar
User

Loyalfoot

Postby Loyalfoot » January 8th, 2019, 7:48 pm

I can't believe this thread is still going on
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » January 8th, 2019, 7:49 pm

Loyalfoot wrote:I can't believe this thread is still going on

If you and a few others stopped posting it wouldn't be. 8)
no avatar
User

excessbee

Postby excessbee » January 8th, 2019, 8:07 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Loyalfoot wrote:I can't believe this thread is still going on

If you and a few others stopped posting it wouldn't be. 8)

Time to put this to the test perhaps. Last one from me, hopefully.
no avatar
User

xisle

Postby xisle » January 8th, 2019, 8:07 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
xisle wrote:i really think it is time that stan grew a pair on this issue
he has twice now come close to accusing kevin of lying but the weasel words dont quite go that far
time now that he either comes out with an outright accusation or retracts
so ex-fan which is it lies or retraction?

Do you believe me that Kevin, perhaps inadvertently, has posted up a damaging untruth about me? If you believe me do you think Kevin should retract and apologise? Or do you believe that Kevin should be judged to a lower standard than me?

If you don't believe me call me a liar.

i will of course do you the courtesy of answering your question immediately after I see you either make an outright accusation of lying or give a retraction.
so ex-fan which is it lies or retraction?
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Postby pembsexile » January 8th, 2019, 8:27 pm

George Street-Bridge wrote:Narcissist poison.

Narcissist poison eh? Now we also get suggestions of seeking professional help for apology fetishes. You just could not make this up.

Sometime ago after a falling out on the mb, a series of e-mails were exchanged between me and a poster because I disagreed with the tone of his views and told him so.

Narcissism eh? The poster advised me to 'look at my postings across a whole range of subjects'. However, he then conceded that this would be a 'vain and narcissistic approach'. His words, not mine.

Now, who was the poster, and who was he referring to? The answer on both counts - George Street Bridge. Email sent to me, 3 April 2015 at 8.15am. Did someone say hypocrite?
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Postby George Street-Bridge » January 8th, 2019, 8:50 pm

The context is Pembs sending me a PM saying "I will say this - it is my opinion that the MB is a poorer place lately with the likes of you and [name omitted] regularly posting on it.

To which I replied "If you really think the board is a poorer place for my participation, all I can do is suggest you look at my postings across the whole range of subjects, although that's a vain and narcissistic approach".

Pembs: "... Don't take the 'poorer place' comment too harshly George. It looked worse than what I really wanted to say...

Me: "If you don't want me to think you think the forum is "is a poorer place lately with the likes of you... regularly posting on it", don't send me PMs saying exactly that!"
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » January 8th, 2019, 9:11 pm

George Street-Bridge wrote:The context is Pembs sending me a PM saying "I will say this - it is my opinion that the MB is a poorer place lately with the likes of you and [name omitted] regularly posting on it.

To which I replied "If you really think the board is a poorer place for my participation, all I can do is suggest you look at my postings across the whole range of subjects, although that's a vain and narcissistic approach".

Pembs: "... Don't take the 'poorer place' comment too harshly George. It looked worse than what I really wanted to say...

Me: "If you don't want me to think you think the forum is "is a poorer place lately with the likes of you... regularly posting on it", don't send me PMs saying exactly that!"

George,

Please don't think I am being any more critical of your posts re mental health than I am of myself or anyone else.

And you are entitled to be critical of me and my views. But how does calling someone narcissistic poison advance any debate? A if you are going to say such things don't you think Pemb's is right for calling you a hypocrite for criticising others for base insults?
no avatar
User

Fourthousand

Postby Fourthousand » January 8th, 2019, 9:12 pm

George Street-Bridge wrote:The context is Pembs sending me a PM saying "I will say this - it is my opinion that the MB is a poorer place lately with the likes of you and [name omitted] regularly posting on it.

Ouch!! - Pembs it looks very much like you just scored an own goal through not being precise enough/taking something out of context. That must hurt.
User

Jack - Admin

Rank

Administrator

Postby Jack - Admin » January 8th, 2019, 9:16 pm

Moved to Everything Else; topic has devolved into a slanging contest.
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Postby pembsexile » January 9th, 2019, 8:38 pm

Well done for admitting that you do have narcissistic tendencies. Normally narcissists do not accept that of themselves.

However, I note that you have reverted to type. Remember my previous comments about selective quoting? Why should I be surprised that you have done it again? I think you know the bit I mean, the bit where I said 'you don't do conciliation do you'. That was nearly four years ago and you know very well that I was referring to you and Stan and yours and mine little e-mail spat. You remember the bit, where I said that I wish we could all get on and not react to each other in a bad way.

Unfortunately when you post up comments such as 'narcissistic poison', then when you do that, the mb is a poorer place. I stand by what I wrote to you at the time.
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Postby George Street-Bridge » January 10th, 2019, 12:28 am

I did spare your embarrassment by not repeating your unflattering description of Stan.
PreviousNext