Empty seats in the stand 6,705 attendance.

If it ain't amber or ain't football then it belongs here!
no avatar
User

Fourthousand

Re: Empty seats in the stand 6,705 attendance.

Postby Fourthousand » January 10th, 2019, 12:34 am

George Street-Bridge wrote:I did spare your embarrassment by not repeating your unflattering description of Stan.

Ouch again.Pembs.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » January 10th, 2019, 4:38 pm

George Street-Bridge wrote:I did spare your embarrassment by not repeating your unflattering description of Stan.

It's a funny thing George but anyone who knows me will know that I am a flawed human being. And as such I am as open to criticism as anyone else, and probably more so than most. When discussing others in private as you and Pemb's appear to have been it is natural that people say things in a way they wouldn't publicly. So unless Mike has accused me of knifing my mother to collect on the insurance I doubt that I will either lose my respect for him or like him any the less.

Those of us brought up by our parents to observe civilized norms of behaviour recognize that calculated sly behaviour, is the very worst form of unpleasantness. To betray the trust that private conversations entail is appalling but to do it in a calculated way is, in reality, the behaviour of the second lowest form of pond life.

The lowest form of pond life lacks even the integrity to do that, willing only to hint. See the Fred McMurray character in The Caine Mutiny.

You really are quite something George, just when I think I've seen it all you still manage to plumb new depths. Still you impress Four thousand, kinda says it all. :grin:
no avatar
User

Fourthousand

Postby Fourthousand » January 10th, 2019, 6:50 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

It's a funny thing George but anyone who knows me will know that I am a flawed human being. And as such I am as open to criticism as anyone else, and probably more so than most. When discussing others in private as you and Pemb's appear to have been it is natural that people say things in a way they wouldn't publicly. So unless Mike has accused me of knifing my mother to collect on the insurance I doubt that I will either lose my respect for him or like him any the less.

Those of us brought up by our parents to observe civilized norms of behaviour recognize that calculated sly behaviour, is the very worst form of unpleasantness. To betray the trust that private conversations entail is appalling but to do it in a calculated way is, in reality, the behaviour of the second lowest form of pond life.

The lowest form of pond life lacks even the integrity to do that, willing only to hint. See the Fred McMurray character in The Caine Mutiny.

You really are quite something George, just when I think I've seen it all you still manage to plumb new depths. Still you impress Four thousand, kinda says it all. :grin:

What a load of garbage.
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Postby pembsexile » January 10th, 2019, 9:53 pm

Please don't waste any effort attempting to spare any embarrassment on my part - there isn't any.

For clarity, I have PM'd Stan to tell him what I think of his views of the ticket allocation for the Leicester game. I have also told him what I think of the timing of the publication of his views given what happened on the pitch on Sunday. I told him I disagreed with both his views.

I'm quite tempted to say 'publish and be damned', but I'll do better than that. I will say here what I wrote to you about him at the time.
1. I understand why he is frustrated with you as you don't do reconciliation.
2. Rumour, innuendo, and challenging others is the domain of Stan.
3. He likes to pontificate and then strut like a peacock winding people up (not me though). I just laugh.
4. You decided to put a quote up that was sent to you in a personal email. No excuses for personal abuse eh? You forgot to mention why he decided to put those words to you.

Do these look like the words of an embarrassed man? I think not, you are wrong again.

When you both had the disagreement several years ago, regrettable insults were regularly traded on both sides. I found it tiresome and unfortunate. We now find ourselves in a situation where phrases such as narcissistic poison are bandied about. Yes, yes, a hundred times yes, the Messageboard is a poorer place for it. That includes you, me and anyone else who joins the tirade.

Here is the thing though. One of you two made an attempt at reconciliation and had it thrown back in their face in spades. Several years later one called the other narcissistic poison and said they had an apology fetish. I'll leave it to others to decide who is who.
Previous