Rodney Parade

If it ain't amber or ain't football then it belongs here!
no avatar
User

sblair1979

Rodney Parade

Postby sblair1979 » January 14th, 2019, 8:26 pm

no avatar
User

Bangitintrnet

Re: Rodney Parade

Postby Bangitintrnet » January 14th, 2019, 8:42 pm

Doesn't supprise me, but I believe the idea is to join with some English second tier and Scottish sides to expand the league. I would guess that the Arms Park and RP would share the home fixtures.
no avatar
User

sblair1979

Postby sblair1979 » January 14th, 2019, 8:46 pm

I was thinking the WRU would choose Arms Park as the home ground and sell Rodney for housing. Would explain why they bought it.
no avatar
User

rncfc

Caerphilly

Postby rncfc » January 14th, 2019, 8:49 pm

Blatantly obvious that the WRU were asset grabbing. If this does come to fruition and RP is sold for housing, Newport council are going to have some explaining to do.
no avatar
User

Taunton Iron Cider

Taunton

Postby Taunton Iron Cider » January 14th, 2019, 9:38 pm

rncfc wrote:Blatantly obvious that the WRU were asset grabbing. If this does come to fruition and RP is sold for housing, Newport council are going to have some explaining to do.

As if those incompetents would be bothered, after all you need brain cells to have any concern.
no avatar
User

Alan G Bryant

Postby Alan G Bryant » January 14th, 2019, 9:43 pm

Probably explains why no effort has been made to develop RP.
no avatar
User

allontheamber

Postby allontheamber » January 14th, 2019, 10:09 pm

Apartments for sale at Rodney Parade
Cardiff Dragons win the European Cup
Newport County homeless again

I trust our board are are better at identifying Option B than our government.
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Postby neilcork68 » January 14th, 2019, 10:10 pm

The WRU tried to buy the Cardiff ground at the end of last year by offering £15 million which was turned down by their committee.

Selling RP for housing may be difficult because there is really poor access to the area . I cant see how the council could let the plans go through because of it...Then again there are always ways around planning :wink:
no avatar
User

Taunton Iron Cider

Taunton

Postby Taunton Iron Cider » January 14th, 2019, 10:46 pm

neilcork68 wrote:The WRU tried to buy the Cardiff ground at the end of last year by offering £15 million which was turned down by their committee.

Selling RP for housing may be difficult because there is really poor access to the area . I cant see how the council could let the plans go through because of it...Then again there are always ways around planning :wink:

Had the Dragons failed then the WRU stood to lose over £1m as an unsecured creditor. The purchase of RP has remedied that position as their debt is now secured, additionaly because of the inept Council the land will almost certainly be sold for profit, with the benefit of an additional parcel of land that they also deemed necessary to gift to the WRU.
The only question is when, and I doubt if County or Newport RFC will rate much of a consideration when that final decision is made.
no avatar
User

Threadbare

Postby Threadbare » January 14th, 2019, 11:00 pm

Interesting that this has surfaced now. In the press yesterday a lot of noise about the English RFU ringfencing their Premier league with no relegation. Many second tier sides looking at joining the PRO14 so it says.
Also as TIC points out a thing that jumps out at me is the gifted parcel of land . Someone earlier on this thread mentioned poor access to site. Well with the Bisley demolished an a bit of imaginantion one route in and one route out may solve the access issue.
Personally I see no prospect of teams from Newport & Cardiff coming together , but it does engage the brain that when greedy people get together the pot can get stirred to their benefit and sod the rest of us.
User

lowandhard

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Postby lowandhard » January 14th, 2019, 11:13 pm

Threadbare wrote:Interesting that this has surfaced now. In the press yesterday a lot of noise about the English RFU ringfencing their Premier league with no relegation. Many second tier sides looking at joining the PRO14 so it says.
Also as TIC points out a thing that jumps out at me is the gifted parcel of land . Someone earlier on this thread mentioned poor access to site. Well with the Bisley demolished an a bit of imaginantion one route in and one route out may solve the access issue.
Personally I see no prospect of teams from Newport & Cardiff coming together , but it does engage the brain that when greedy people get together the pot can get stirred to their benefit and sod the rest of us.

I don’t believe Dragons and Blues would amalgamate, neither would Ospreys and Scrlets, this is hogwash imho.
no avatar
User

OLDCROMWELLIAN

TrefGruffydd

Postby OLDCROMWELLIAN » January 14th, 2019, 11:35 pm

lowandhard wrote:
Threadbare wrote:Interesting that this has surfaced now. In the press yesterday a lot of noise about the English RFU ringfencing their Premier league with no relegation. Many second tier sides looking at joining the PRO14 so it says.

I don’t believe Dragons and Blues would amalgamate, neither would Ospreys and Scrlets, this is hogwash imho.

Agreed. The same old nonsense that was suggested many years ago in the Moffet era, when welsh rugby regionalisation was in it's embryonic state. Still it gives the conspiracy theorists and profits of doom something to talk about.
User

lowandhard

Postby lowandhard » January 14th, 2019, 11:55 pm

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
lowandhard wrote:

Agreed. The same old nonsense that was suggested many years ago in the Moffet era, when welsh rugby regionalisation was in it's embryonic state. Still it gives the conspiracy theorists and profits of doom something to talk about.

Yes indeed, what’s needed is equal funding of the regions : the present system just preserves the status quo.
no avatar
User

The Newport

Postby The Newport » January 15th, 2019, 12:57 am

lowandhard wrote:

You would say that wouldn't you.? I'm right in saying that your son is the Chairman of the Dragons.?
User

lowandhard

Postby lowandhard » January 15th, 2019, 1:09 am

The Newport wrote:
lowandhard wrote:

You would say that wouldn't you.? I'm right in saying that your son is the Chairman of the Dragons.?

What you say about my parenthood is true , where you are quite incorrect is that I wouldn’t have said it if I didn’t believe it. You will additionally note that I was presenting it as my opinion - not fact. But I’m very proud of my son so please bring it up as often as you like :grin:
Next