Rodney Parade

If it ain't amber or ain't football then it belongs here!
no avatar
User

The Newport

Re: Rodney Parade

Postby The Newport » January 15th, 2019, 1:36 am

Threadbare wrote:
Interesting that this has surfaced now. In the press yesterday a lot of noise about the English RFU ringfencing their Premier league with no relegation. Many second tier sides looking at joining the PRO14 so it says.
Also as TIC points out a thing that jumps out at me is the gifted parcel of land . Someone earlier on this thread mentioned poor access to site. Well with the Bisley demolished an a bit of imaginantion one route in and one route out may solve the access issue.
Personally I see no prospect of teams from Newport & Cardiff coming together , but it does engage the brain that when greedy people get together the pot can get stirred to their benefit and sod the rest of us.

lowandhard wrote:
I don’t believe Dragons and Blues would amalgamate, neither would Ospreys and Scrlets, this is hogwash imho.

The Newport wrote:
You would say that wouldn't you.? I'm right in saying that your son is the Chairman of the Dragons.?

lowandhard wrote:
What you say about my parenthood is true , where you are quite incorrect is that I wouldn’t have said it if I didn’t believe it. You will additionally note that I was presenting it as my opinion - not fact. But I’m very proud of my son so please bring it up as often as you like :grin:

Don't worry I will. I'm just waiting for the panorama documentary on "JUST-EAT".
User

lowandhard

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Postby lowandhard » January 15th, 2019, 2:09 am

You do that but have the wit to understand he is no longer CEO of that company. You are obviously vindictive so I will no longer reply to your posts .
In fact in order to avoid any chance of embarrassing my son , I’m no longer going to post on this board, too many willing to play the man and not the ball. My thanks to those who I’ve enjoyed debating with in the past, feel free to contact me privately as before.
no avatar
User

The Newport

Postby The Newport » January 15th, 2019, 3:59 am

lowandhard wrote:You do that but have the wit to understand he is no longer CEO of that company. You are obviously vindictive so I will no longer reply to your posts .
In fact in order to avoid any chance of embarrassing my son , I’m no longer going to post on this board, too many willing to play the man and not the ball. My thanks to those who I’ve enjoyed debating with in the past, feel free to contact me privately as before.

I have a lot of respect for you. So please don't stop replying to posts on here. When I get a chance watch Panorama I will give an opinion on what I have seen. I'm not vindictive at all. If you think that I'm vindictive then that is your opinion and I will respect that. I don't hate your son, he's a very Successful Businessman and well done and respect to your son 100 percent. He might not be the CEO Now he only Resigned on 26th April 2018. I don't know when documentary was made but when I get my copy I will watch the programme a few times. But what I will tell you if there is something wrong with the way they operate then I wouldn't just be blaming your son it would be the everyone that is involved with the business. As I said earlier please don't stop replying on this Forum. I do have a lot of respect for your good self.
no avatar
User

Taunton Iron Cider

Taunton

Postby Taunton Iron Cider » January 15th, 2019, 8:05 am

[/quote"lowandhard]
Yes indeed, what’s needed is equal funding of the regions : the present system just preserves the status quo.[/quote]

Whilst the funding is indeed inequitable, the principal of regional rugby is wrong and always destined to fail. Years of World class inter club rivalry was destroyed by the WRU, something preserved by the English RFU in their professional and very successful set up. The sad decline of Newport and Pontypool RFC’s being prime examples of this flawed set up.
In fact as far as the Dragons are concerned all vestiges of local identity has now been removed. At least it will make the franchise very transportable, and indeed it’s colours and name already has more connection with Wrexham than Newport.
no avatar
User

OLDCROMWELLIAN

TrefGruffydd

Postby OLDCROMWELLIAN » January 15th, 2019, 10:00 am

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:[/quote"lowandhard]
Yes indeed, what’s needed is equal funding of the regions : the present system just preserves the status quo.

Whilst the funding is indeed inequitable, the principal of regional rugby is wrong and always destined to fail. Years of World class inter club rivalry was destroyed by the WRU, something preserved by the English RFU in their professional and very successful set up. The sad decline of Newport and Pontypool RFC’s being prime examples of this flawed set up.
In fact as far as the Dragons are concerned all vestiges of local identity has now been removed. At least it will make the franchise very transportable, and indeed it’s colours and name already has more connection with Wrexham than Newport.[/quote]

My belief is the game turning professional destroyed the inter club rivalry in wales. As a nation we attempted to run 5 teams initially, which wasn't financially viable, and now it appears even 4 teams may not be viable in the long term. Presumably we will hear shortly if 4 teams will be funded for x number of years, but of course some teams will be more equal than others. Comparing us to England or indeed France is completely unrealistic, as they have far higher player pools than all other rugby nations and indeed far more corporate and individual business men financially backing the game. Even the most successful southern hemisphere rugby nations only have 6, 5, or 4 professional teams, because that is all their player pool and finances can support. When as a nation we increase our player pool and revenue at least 7 fold we should be able to support a professional club league. I think the ascertion of all vestiges of local identity being removed is evidently not true. A large % of the Dragons players are from the region, and unless i'm very much mistaken so are the supporters. Sadly in greater numbers than the County. As for the belief that the described 'franchise' will be moved North, unless you know something I don't, my guess is it won't happen, at least not in the foreseeable future, unless of course someone from the area is prepared to fund it with an open cheque book.
no avatar
User

Lysaght Dancer

Postby Lysaght Dancer » January 15th, 2019, 11:39 am

The Newport wrote:
lowandhard wrote:You do that but have the wit to understand he is no longer CEO of that company. You are obviously vindictive so I will no longer reply to your posts .

I have a lot of respect for you. So please don't stop replying to posts on here. When I get a chance watch Panorama I will give an opinion on what I have seen. I'm not vindictive at all. If you think that I'm vindictive then that is your opinion and I will respect that. I don't hate your son, he's a very Successful Businessman and well done and respect to your son 100 percent. He might not be the CEO Now he only Resigned on 26th April 2018. I don't know when documentary was made but when I get my copy I will watch the programme a few times. But what I will tell you if there is something wrong with the way they operate then I wouldn't just be blaming your son it would be the everyone that is involved with the business. As I said earlier please don't stop replying on this Forum. I do have a lot of respect for your good self.

Jesus Christ get some help man, you genuinely come across as a lunatic.
no avatar
User

Bangitintrnet

Postby Bangitintrnet » January 15th, 2019, 11:47 am

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Taunton Iron Cider wrote:[/quote"lowandhard]
Yes indeed, what’s needed is equal funding of the regions : the present system just preserves the status quo.

In fact as far as the Dragons are concerned all vestiges of local identity has now been removed. At least it will make the franchise very transportable, and indeed it’s colours and name already has more connection with Wrexham than Newport.

My belief is the game turning professional destroyed the inter club rivalry in wales. As a nation we attempted to run 5 teams initially, which wasn't financially viable, and now it appears even 4 teams may not be viable in the long term. Presumably we will hear shortly if 4 teams will be funded for x number of years, but of course some teams will be more equal than others. Comparing us to England or indeed France is completely unrealistic, as they have far higher player pools than all other rugby nations and indeed far more corporate and individual business men financially backing the game. Even the most successful southern hemisphere rugby nations only have 6, 5, or 4 professional teams, because that is all their player pool and finances can support. When as a nation we increase our player pool and revenue at least 7 fold we should be able to support a professional club league. I think the ascertion of all vestiges of local identity being removed is evidently not true. A large % of the Dragons players are from the region, and unless i'm very much mistaken so are the supporters. Sadly in greater numbers than the County. As for the belief that the described 'franchise' will be moved North, unless you know something I don't, my guess is it won't happen, at least not in the foreseeable future, unless of course someone from the area is prepared to fund it with an open cheque book.[/quote]

The Dragons are funded by the WRU to the tune of £6 million a year, and their income from gates would be less than the County's, as they have fewer home games. Even with this level of funding the previous owners couldn't off load the Dragons despite being open to offers for years.
The WRU were only interested in protecting the TV deal when they stepped in as they couldn't afford to lose it.
Going forward is their anyone looking to take on the Dragons, or is a combined region more attractive to a TV audience?
no avatar
User

The Newport

Postby The Newport » January 15th, 2019, 11:49 am

Lysaght Dancer wrote:
The Newport wrote:

You can call me what ever you like my friend. Sticks and stones. And please don't use the good lords name like that. And what makes you think that I'm a male?
Last edited by The Newport on January 15th, 2019, 3:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.
no avatar
User

The Newport

Postby The Newport » January 15th, 2019, 11:57 am

Lysaght Dancer wrote:
The Newport wrote:

Lowandhard was saying that I'm vindictive but I'm not the definition of being vindictive is "disposed to seek revenge or intended for revenge." that is not true I'm not out for Revenge. Why would I be. So why can't I put him right. And why can't I give my opinion on the way his son runs Just Eat. Do we live in a world where we the people are suppose to just stay quiet. I don't think so. If I want to say something then I will. Maybe you want to be that little Mouse that just wants to stay quiet or run away then carry on my friend. But I will not.
no avatar
User

Trigger

Postby Trigger » January 15th, 2019, 1:10 pm

Keep posting Mike, just foe the bell end, this message board has lost too many good posters !
User

lowandhard

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Postby lowandhard » January 15th, 2019, 1:23 pm

This is my last post on this subject and I’m taking a holiday from this board , imho there is too much playing of the man and not the ball. Let me make this clear, like Stan I couldn’t care less what you say about me but when it could impact on my family , I just don’t feel comfortable at all. Thanks to those of you who have written to me , it is much appreciated. I hope I can feel able to return in the future. I must emphasise that all my posts reflect only my opinions and that having supported the County for 67 years , my love for, and views about, the club are never compromised by familial connections.

As regards the rugby situation my own view is similar to Taunton Iron Cider and Old Cromwellian since I feel the future of rugby in Wales would have been brighter in the club rather than regional plan. That’s my opinion, nobody else’s. When I commented above about the regions I was just talking about the current situation and that too was just my opinion.

I can assure you that like most fathers and sons we don’t agree about everything :grin: and anyone who is a dad would realise that! However I am proud of my sons and don’t want opinions about them aired on here* and hence my self-imposed exile.

*because of me
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » January 15th, 2019, 3:41 pm

Gutted this board are losing the likes of Corky & Mike Lowandhard... in favour of utter tools like ‘The Newport’
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » January 15th, 2019, 3:45 pm

The Newport wrote:
Lysaght Dancer wrote:
The Newport wrote:

Lowandhard was saying that I'm vindictive but I'm not the definition of being vindictive is "disposed to seek revenge or intended for revenge." that is not true I'm not out for Revenge. Why would I be. So why can't I put him right. And why can't I give my opinion on the way his son runs Just Eat. Do we live in a world where we the people are suppose to just stay quiet. I don't think so. If I want to say something then I will. Maybe you want to be that little Mouse that just wants to stay quiet or run away then carry on my friend. But I will not.

Why do you feel you have to give your opinions on the way a posters son ‘runs Just Eat’ (even though he hasn’t for nearly a year) on a football fans forum ??
Idiot
no avatar
User

Lysaght Dancer

Postby Lysaght Dancer » January 15th, 2019, 4:02 pm

The Newport wrote:You can call me what ever you like my friend. Sticks and stones. And please don't use the good lords name like that. And what makes you think that I'm a male?

What makes you think I am your friend? Maybe I am. Maybe I am a friend of your friend. Maybe I am a friend of a male friend. Or maybe a female friend.

To answer the question I will email a close friend of mine who will give me the information. I will know the answer within 7 days.
no avatar
User

The Newport

Postby The Newport » January 15th, 2019, 4:08 pm

The Newport wrote:

Lysaght Dancer wrote:

The Newport wrote:

Exile 1976:
Why do you feel you have to give your opinions on the way a posters son ‘runs Just Eat’ (even though he hasn’t for nearly a year) on a football fans forum ??
Idiot

That's were you are wrong. It's not just a football forum is it my Friend. You can call me what ever you like. I have been called worse. As I have mentioned before Sticks and Stones.
PreviousNext