Another thought

If it ain't amber or ain't football then it belongs here!
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Another thought

Postby Stan A. Einstein » January 16th, 2019, 10:45 am

I disagree profoundly with a poster linking Highandwide to his son. My view is it was regrettable and wrong. I hope very much that Highandwide reverses his decision to stop posting.

However I disagree also with those who write things like, 'Jesus, you really should get help, you genuinely come across as a lunatic'. How exactly that is meant to advance the debate or cool the tension I fail utterly to understand.

Now many of us have Newport County as our life's passion. And of course I would be the last person to claim that in the heat of the argument I have written things far too 'passionately'. But if we want to remove the toxicity on this board, then those who complain about views being too strongly advanced need to question whether their calling other posters 'lunatics' or 'poison' is not something they had best avoid.
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Re: Another thought

Postby pembsexile » January 16th, 2019, 9:38 pm

Careful what you say Brendan. The Messageboard police will be along and lock this thread otherwise. Look at the 'locked threads' post you started earlier. It gives them a sense of power I suppose.
no avatar
User

Cornish Exile

Postby Cornish Exile » January 16th, 2019, 9:47 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:I disagree profoundly with a poster linking Highandwide to his son. My view is it was regrettable and wrong. I hope very much that Highandwide reverses his decision to stop posting.

However I disagree also with those who write things like, 'Jesus, you really should get help, you genuinely come across as a lunatic'. How exactly that is meant to advance the debate or cool the tension I fail utterly to understand.

Now many of us have Newport County as our life's passion. And of course I would be the last person to claim that in the heat of the argument I have written things far too 'passionately'. But if we want to remove the toxicity on this board, then those who complain about views being too strongly advanced need to question whether their calling other posters 'lunatics' or 'poison' is not something they had best avoid.

Is calling someone a lunatic any worse than your description of certain people as idiots or morons?
no avatar
User

mad norm

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Postby mad norm » January 17th, 2019, 9:42 am

Good point Cornish.
Also I have the utmost respect for Moderators decisions........they cannot scrutinize this board 24/7 ... By using this Forum we must accept that
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » January 17th, 2019, 2:05 pm

mad norm wrote:Good point Cornish.
Also I have the utmost respect for Moderators decisions........they cannot scrutinize this board 24/7 ... By using this Forum we must accept that

No but move topics to room 101 which they have and when you have the time work through them at leisure
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » January 17th, 2019, 3:23 pm

Cornish Exile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:I disagree profoundly with a poster linking Highandwide to his son. My view is it was regrettable and wrong. I hope very much that Highandwide reverses his decision to stop posting.

Is calling someone a lunatic any worse than your description of certain people as idiots or morons?

No. Which is why I said that I have written too passionately. I also in another thread said sorry to anyone I had offended and forgave those who had offended me

Now shall we move on?