H.R.H

If it ain't amber or ain't football then it belongs here!
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Re: H.R.H

Postby pembsexile » January 19th, 2019, 8:48 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
pembsexile wrote:They certainly do. Nothing wrong with shooting and bayoneting kids after keeping them captive for over a year. The sins of the fathers. It was obviously their fault and they thoroughly deserved it. Yes, the Ruskies know how to deal with royalty.

If we are talking seriously then of course you are right. Although the many thousands of peasants whose children starved to death under the old Tzarist regime, or the new Tzarist regime of Stalin merit as much sympathy.

They most certainly do. It may well be hundreds of thousands of peasants under the Tsarist regime. But that is my point. Equality is for all, Royalty, Citizens, Peasants, untouchables, it should make no difference at all. We all crap out of an a***hole.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » January 20th, 2019, 4:08 pm

A 97 year old man rolls his Landrover and nearly kills a woman and her baby.

Such is his sense of entitlement that he is back driving a few days later. And yet the majority of people in the UK accept this. When I die, as I will, I die a free Celt. A citizen of a sovereign nation. Most of you will die loyal subjects of the Crown.

For the sake of accuracy I would not of course have them shot. What I would do is strip them of their privilege and put them on the housing waiting list. Oh that all those who gave so much between 1939 and 1945 were cared for so well as Philip Mountbatten.
no avatar
User

mad norm

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Postby mad norm » January 20th, 2019, 5:34 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:A 97 year old man rolls his Landrover and nearly kills a woman and her baby.

Such is his sense of entitlement that he is back driving a few days later. And yet the majority of people in the UK accept this. When I die, as I will, I die a free Celt. A citizen of a sovereign nation. Most of you will die loyal subjects of the Crown.

For the sake of accuracy I would not of course have them shot. What I would do is strip them of their privilege and put them on the housing waiting list. Oh that all those who gave so much between 1939 and 1945 were cared for so well as Philip Mountbatten.

But very few of the armed forces married a Monarch :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Postby pembsexile » January 20th, 2019, 6:09 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:A 97 year old man rolls his Landrover and nearly kills a woman and her baby.

I'm not one of the majority. I was initially reacting to an inaccurate comment about whether he had been breathalised.

I suspect that we both could bore the pants off people on this board were we to go into a debate about Irish republicanism and British constitutional monarchism. My views on this can be summed up by part of the second verse of 'The Fields of Athenry' which I have been known to sing with gusto (badly) quite often.

For the sake of accuracy, were he to become a commoner, his name would be Philip Windsor. The name Mountbatten is a corruption of the German Battenburg. People can blame Winston Churchill for that as he advised the Queen not to take the house name Mountbatten.
User

penycwm county

Pembrokeshire

Postby penycwm county » January 20th, 2019, 6:42 pm

I see that today he has been caught driving on the highway without a seatbelt on, you will be pleased to know that he got off with a warning.
no avatar
User

mad norm

Postby mad norm » January 20th, 2019, 7:04 pm

So...avoid a fine if you're caught not wearing a seatbelt
1. Claim you are Prince Phillip or
2. Claim discrimination against commoners or
3. Claim your'e walking along the pavement and don't need one
:roll:
no avatar
User

Cornish Exile

Postby Cornish Exile » January 20th, 2019, 7:20 pm

penycwm county wrote:I see that today he has been caught driving on the highway without a seatbelt on, you will be pleased to know that he got off with a warning.

I'm no fan of Royal Privilege, but I understand he was driving around the Sandringham Estate, not on the highway. Quite wrong, but not illegal.
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Rank

Postby Willthiswork » January 20th, 2019, 7:27 pm

Cornish Exile wrote:
penycwm county wrote:I see that today he has been caught driving on the highway without a seatbelt on, you will be pleased to know that he got off with a warning.

I'm no fan of Royal Privilege, but I understand he was driving around the Sandringham Estate, not on the highway. Quite wrong, but not illegal.

Yes. Fake news.
User

penycwm county

Pembrokeshire

Postby penycwm county » January 20th, 2019, 10:38 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46935721

BBC doing fake news are they ?
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Postby pembsexile » January 21st, 2019, 7:58 am

Prince Philip should be treated exactly the same as everyone else if he is found not to be wearing a seat belt. No more, no less.

Speaks volumes about the mind process of the man, when several days after a smash he chooses not to wear a seat belt wherever he is driving.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » January 21st, 2019, 3:53 pm

pembsexile wrote:

Prince Philip should be treated exactly the same as everyone else if he is found not to be wearing a seat belt. No more, no less.

Speaks volumes about the mind process of the man, when several days after a smash he chooses not to wear a seat belt wherever he is driving.

I agree entirely. However one difficulty that I found a real problem in my very early days at the bar when in the Magistrates Court.

Drive at 34mph in a 30 zone and you will receive a set fine of £100. Now if you are on the breadline that fine is a very painful penalty. If you are the Duke of Edinburgh not so much.
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Postby pembsexile » January 21st, 2019, 8:12 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
pembsexile wrote:

I agree entirely. However one difficulty that I found a real problem in my very early days at the bar when in the Magistrates Court.

Drive at 34mph in a 30 zone and you will receive a set fine of £100. Now if you are on the breadline that fine is a very painful penalty. If you are the Duke of Edinburgh not so much.

Selective information there Brendan. You were obviously practicing by 1 Sept 2000 when the means tested justice system came into effect. This generally meant that your fine was in proportion to your income. Thank goodness for that.

The means test fines system was trialled in the late 80's but due to anomalies it was scrapped. Surely you were practicing then when the high earners were fined more in proportion?

It is entirely correct that if he were to face any sort of prosecution for any type of driving offence then because of his income he should pay more. Too bloody right.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » January 22nd, 2019, 11:43 am

pembsexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Selective information there Brendan. You were obviously practicing by 1 Sept 2000 when the means tested justice system came into effect. This generally meant that your fine was in proportion to your income. Thank goodness for that.

The means test fines system was trialled in the late 80's but due to anomalies it was scrapped. Surely you were practicing then when the high earners were fined more in proportion?

It is entirely correct that if he were to face any sort of prosecution for any type of driving offence then because of his income he should pay more. Too bloody right.

Morning Mike,
Two things I used speeding because there is a fixed penalty system. At 34 mph in a 30 zone you would be offered a speeding course resulting in no points or conviction. Whether you are a lord or a labourer it costs £100.

Also fined £5000, what difference would it make to Phil's lifestyle? Fined £100 for a person with a family working for minimum wage makes a massive difference.

Over here the cage fighter Conor McGregor is a huge star. He laughs off fines for driving like a loon in his huge powerful motors.Those who have had their lives ruined by seeing their loved ones killed by drivers who don't give a f@ck don't find him funny but to gullible young men he is a hero.

Funny how money and power give people a sense of entitlement.
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Postby pembsexile » January 22nd, 2019, 6:16 pm

Good evening Brendan. I agree with your sentiment.

You just have to love this Messageboard. In a few posts we have gone from me commenting about misinformation about Prince Philip being breathalised, via power, wealth and privilege to Conor Macgregor driving like a loon in his monster trucks. Only at Newport County ffs :grin:

Did somebody mention football? :cheers:
no avatar
User

mad norm

Postby mad norm » January 22nd, 2019, 6:41 pm

Sod football... This is Everything Else
It is a "Great Tool" ( :bounce:). (so to speak) for those of expansive minds and humour to further the cameraderie that imbues this message board with an infectious zest.. :mrgreen:
PreviousNext