Women’s football standard

If it ain't amber or ain't football then it belongs here!
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Women’s football standard

Postby Exile 1976 » January 18th, 2019, 6:54 pm

Not sure if you can read owt into it but Merthyr Town U19’s (male team) played the Wales Women’s team last night , beating them 8-0. Would suggest the standard was pretty darrrrrn bad though.
no avatar
User

mad norm

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Re: Women’s football standard

Postby mad norm » January 19th, 2019, 12:40 am

Why is men's netball not played against a transgender darts team I ask myself?
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » January 19th, 2019, 6:34 pm

Exile 1976 wrote:Not sure if you can read owt into it but Merthyr Town U19’s (male team) played the Wales Women’s team last night , beating them 8-0. Would suggest the standard was pretty darrrrrn bad though.

To be honest I am surprised the score was so low. Women's football is great, that girls want to play any sport is fantastic.

But let's not confuse equality with being the same. Physically the average man is stronger than the average woman and this applies throughout the spectrum. There are many facets of human endeavor where women out perform men. It matters not whether my dentist, doctor or lawyer is a man or a woman. And I am sure that Boris Johnson would make an even better job of bolloxing up the UK than Theresa May.

There is no reason why women should not be as skillful as men at football. However they will never have the physical strength to compete against men.
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » January 19th, 2019, 7:31 pm

I've refed women's football from 14 upwards at that age they can't kick a long ball for toffee but have to be fair the short game the passing is very good

They don't like putting thier head onto a ball but they are a joy to ref little if any back chat