Newport Live

If it ain't amber or ain't football then it belongs here!
no avatar
User

llanwern exile

Usually in the milton

Newport Live

Postby llanwern exile » March 3rd, 2019, 3:19 pm

Just wondering what peoples views are on fitness facilities in Newport particularly the Newport live ones, I find the veledrome gym to be adequate for my health needs but the swimming pool at spytty is not fit for purpose at all.

I find i had to go there very early in the morning to be able to use it as its being used all day through the week by schools for swimming lessons, am i right in saying this is the only public swimming pool in newport, if so its a shame as i grew up with maindee and stow hill baths which were both excellent facilities, i have now had to take out membership at the coldra court hotel to use their pool, but there must be a lot of people in the city who need to go swimming for their health and can't afford to pay membership fees at a private facility.

If indeed spytty is the only public pool in newport now i think newport live should be looking at setting aside 2 or 3 half days a week for people who need to use the pool for health reasons.

NB, Whatever happened to bulmore and alt y ryn lido's :lol:
no avatar
User

big baz

Newport,

Re: Newport Live

Postby big baz » March 3rd, 2019, 11:52 pm

There’s a pool in the Newport centre
no avatar
User

rncfc

Caerphilly

Postby rncfc » March 4th, 2019, 8:12 am

And the Parkway hotel, and Bettws high school.

I've not used either one but my parents tell me the parkway hotel pool is usually very quiet. That one might be worth looking into, especially if you are a daytime swimmer.
no avatar
User

llanwern exile

Usually in the milton

Postby llanwern exile » March 4th, 2019, 3:45 pm

rncfc wrote:And the Parkway hotel, and Bettws high school.

I've not used either one but my parents tell me the parkway hotel pool is usually very quiet. That one might be worth looking into, especially if you are a daytime swimmer.

Thank you and big baz for the information, I will certainly checkout the parkway. :thumbup: