Making your funeral wishes known.

If it ain't amber or ain't football then it belongs here!
User

newgroundrodney

Making your funeral wishes known.

Postby newgroundrodney » March 4th, 2019, 4:56 pm

Following a recent death in the family, it was good to know that the deceased's wishes in regard to her funeral were known to the family.
Not all families manage to have these discussions, some finding it too difficult to do so.
Ask YOURSELF the question, 'if I died right now, would my family know what my wishes are?'
The last few years, it has been a bit of a personal crusade on my part, to make sure that people record this information, so that their surviving families know their wishes. So, if anyone would like to print out this question sheet, fill it out, and pass it on to your family, please feel free to do so. Make more copies if you like, and get others to do it too. I've done mine, and it's in a file ready for when it's needed.
...................................................................................................................................................................
...................................................................................................................................................................
[img]Expression of Funeral Wishes
Please indicate your wishes in regard to your funeral by answering the following questions, and by
passing this information on to your family.
YOUR FULL NAME......................................................DATE OF BIRTH...........................
*How do you wish your body to be disposed of? Cremation, burial etc?..............................................
*If burial, where do you wish to be buried?............................................................................................
*If burial, have you pre-purchased a burial plot? If so, give location, plot number and details of deed holders..................................................................................................................................................
…..........................................................................................................................................................
*What Funeral Directors do you wish to be used?...............................................................................
*How do you wish to be dressed?........................................................................................................
…..........................................................................................................................................................
*What kind of coffin do you wish to be used?......................................................................................
*What arrangements do you wish for viewing of your body?...............................................................
….........................................................................................................................................................
*What are your wishes regarding floral tributes/charity donations?....................................................
…........................................................................................................................................................
*What kind of hearse do you wish to be used?..................................................................................
*What kind of funeral service do you wish to receive? (Religious, humanist, civil etc)......................
…........................................................................................................................................................
*Where do you wish your funeral service to be held?........................................................................
*Do you wish mourners to wear any special clothing style or colours etc?........................................
*What are your choices for hymns, poems,bible readings etc?.........................................................
….......................................................................................................................................................
….......................................................................................................................................................
*Do you wish for friends & family to meet for refreshments afterwards?...........................................
If yes, do you have any preference as to location?............................................................................
*Have you taken out any kind of PRE-PAID FUNERAL PLAN?.......... If yes, please give full details,
including any reference/plan numbers...............................................................................................
if no, have you made any specific arrangements for the cost of your funeral to be paid? If so, please
give details:.........................................................................................................................................
PLEASE GIVE DETAILS OF ANY OTHER WISHES YOU WOULD LIKE YOUR FAMILY TO BE
AWARE OF:
.......................................................................................................................................

Please sign and date this document and pass it to your family for safe keeping.

SIGNED
..............................PRINT NAME..........................................................DATE..................
Please encourage friends & family to complete a copy for themselves also. [/img]
User

JonD

Corridor of Uncertainty

Re: Making your funeral wishes known.

Postby JonD » March 6th, 2019, 10:16 am

This is a good idea. For instance, my wife and I have casually discussed these sorts of things but when one of us is dead and the other one dribbling away in a nursing home it’s unlikely the details will be recalled.
User

penycwm county

Pembrokeshire

Postby penycwm county » March 6th, 2019, 10:44 am

Yes, a recent bereavement has made this point clear, thanks for the information, I will be completing the form.
no avatar
User

rncfc

Caerphilly

Postby rncfc » March 6th, 2019, 5:08 pm

I want to be stuffed and put on the settee with a beer in my hand.
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Postby neilcork68 » March 6th, 2019, 11:12 pm

rncfc wrote:I want to be stuffed and put on the settee with a beer in my hand.

Just a normal Sunday afternoon then ? :lol: :wink:
no avatar
User

llanwern exile

Usually in the milton

Postby llanwern exile » March 7th, 2019, 9:14 pm

We have a friend who's name is rose, her only wish is to be cremated with neil diamonds crackling rosie playing as she goes through the curtain.
no avatar
User

mad norm

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Postby mad norm » March 7th, 2019, 9:35 pm

I think you should get stuffed
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » March 8th, 2019, 12:01 pm

Reading your contributions on this board I am convinced this has already happened. :grin: