Things which* annoy me.

If it ain't amber or ain't football then it belongs here!
no avatar
User

DeePeeNCAFC

Re: Things which* annoy me.

Postby DeePeeNCAFC » April 2nd, 2019, 10:29 pm

Car window litterers.

Particularly drivers who toss their lit fag ends out of the window while driving. Or their back seat passengers lobbing the McDonalds wrappers away whilst in motion

Laziness. Stupid cretins. Who do you think is going to pick your mess up, assuming the cars behind don't end up crashing due to your idiocy?

There should be a gov.uk website where we can report offenders. Then name and shame the drivers and flog the offenders in a public event.

Grrr
no avatar
User

South London Exile

SE19

Postby South London Exile » April 4th, 2019, 9:40 am

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:Middle-aged cyclists. First sign of nice weather, they don ridiculous lycra and a phallic-shaped helmet, phone all their mates and hit the road together in big packs. They then proceed to ride 3 abreast on narrow, winding country lanes slowing other traffic to a ridiculous crawl. They cycle into a town generally ignoring other traffic laws, mount the pavement if they get to a red traffic light.

I'm all for folk keeping fit and enjoying the Welsh countryside but please adhere to the laws particularly as us drivers are paying for the roads, and show some awareness for other road users.

Grrrrr.

As someone who cycles to work daily I agree that selfish cyclists (and selfish road users in general) are a nightmare. In particular the types who dress up like they're in the Tour de France for a 5 mile ride to the office. Although my partner drives to work and she assures me that London drivers are far worse than London cyclists...

But I'll have to stop you there, road tax does not directly pay for roads, it goes into the purse for general government spending and they can spend it on whatever they like!
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » April 4th, 2019, 10:29 pm

South London Exile wrote:
DeePeeNCAFC wrote:Middle-aged cyclists. First sign of nice weather, they don ridiculous lycra and a phallic-shaped helmet, phone all their mates and hit the road together in big packs. They then proceed to ride 3 abreast on narrow, winding country lanes slowing other traffic to a ridiculous crawl. They cycle into a town generally ignoring other traffic laws, mount the pavement if they get to a red traffic light.

I'm all for folk keeping fit and enjoying the Welsh countryside but please adhere to the laws particularly as us drivers are paying for the roads, and show some awareness for other road users.

Grrrrr.

As someone who cycles to work daily I agree that selfish cyclists (and selfish road users in general) are a nightmare. In particular the types who dress up like they're in the Tour de France for a 5 mile ride to the office. Although my partner drives to work and she assures me that London drivers are far worse than London cyclists...

But I'll have to stop you there, road tax does not directly pay for roads, it goes into the purse for general government spending and they can spend it on whatever they like!

There is no such thing as a cyclist, or a car driver or a pedestrian. There are people. Some people are selfish, be they on a bike, in a car, or on foot.
no avatar
User

mad norm

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Postby mad norm » April 4th, 2019, 10:35 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
South London Exile wrote:

Grrrrr.

There is no such thing as a cyclist, or a car driver or a pedestrian. There are people. Some people are selfish, be they on a bike, in a car, or on foot.

Or someone on a bus with fish 'n' chips wrapped up to eat when they get home
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » April 5th, 2019, 7:41 pm

C ocks in Smart cars that park sideways :roll:
Previous