Things which* annoy me.

If it ain't amber or ain't football then it belongs here!
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Re: Things which* annoy me.

Postby pembsexile » March 22nd, 2019, 1:08 am

Still playing a rearranged game of club darts at 11.30 on a Thursday evening.
Local bookies closing because they are not making enough profit.
My iPad battery never lasting long enough.
Continuous price hiking by the energy companies.
Inconsiderate parking.
Youngsters (my kids included) not realising how lucky they are.
no avatar
User

DeePeeNCAFC

Postby DeePeeNCAFC » March 22nd, 2019, 1:48 am

Lack of basic etiquette and decency.....

I'm working up in Manchester this week. Hold the pub door open to 2 young ladies old enough to be my daughters and receive not even a grunt of thanks. I don't expect equality throughout every part of my life just yet but a simple 'thank you' would be appreciated.

Lack of decent service in pubs and restaurants. I spent 40quid in a restaurant tonight, almost had to collect my own meal from the kitchen as the waitress was preoccupied with her phone, the food arrived (very nice) but said waitress looked unhappy when I paid no tip. Happy to pay for good customer service but please at least try to earn it.

Bristol Rovers. Ideas above their station. They're just a small club in Bristol with a pseuso-millionaire as owner. He can't afford to pay for a haircut let alone a £20M out of town stadia. Fans expect the world while paying average prices to watch a below-average L2 side. Get a flipping grip lads and lasses. Why would a penniless bloke run up huge debts to buy you a sparkly but souless football complex so Bristol Sh**"y can laugh at you? If/when NCAFC move to a new stadium I hope it will be well-costed but, above all, meets the fans' needs.

Lazy offspring. At what age can I expect my kids to either (a) contribute to the odd bill or (b) foxtrot oscar and leave me in peace? I don't expect much as a parent, just replace my food that you've nicked and eaten, keep your (my) bedroom tidy and contribute to the growing bills caused by your excessive wifi use, hairdrying and general 'I'm not paying the bill so f*** you attitude'. That's the will re-worded. Please just leave my house now and learn about life without me propping you up. All 4 of you.

Finally, old people. As above, you should be banned from supermarkets for clogging up the aisles with your stupid indecisions and chatting to random folk in the middle of an aisle. Plus your inability to use the petrol station efficiently. And a reluctance to leave said filling station any quicker than 8mph. When you get home your backs seem unable to bend down and pick up your dog's mess, instead you look around to see if you've been spotted and ignore the steaming turd.

And finally, onto steaming turds..... Thank you D. Cameron Esq for setting up this country for a fall, by walking away from a referendum which the general public outside the London financial quarters didn't understand. Dumping all the decisions RE Brexit on a hopeless woman who was a failed Home Sec and hiding away while she messed things up further. She messed up immigration and decimated the police services with her spiteful cuts yet your party trusted her forum (down) the country. I honestly believe that Jim and Lyn down the pub could govern this country better than the shower of £80k pa MPs which you and I pay for.
no avatar
User

mad norm

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Postby mad norm » March 22nd, 2019, 6:44 pm

Love this thread! :cheers:
User

Marky

Mazeglaas

Postby Marky » March 23rd, 2019, 10:09 pm

Willthiswork wrote:
mad norm wrote:The owner of Wetherspoons

#Fixed

#Fixed
no avatar
User

mad norm

Postby mad norm » March 24th, 2019, 10:12 am

Marky wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
mad norm wrote:The owner of Wetherspoons

#Fixed

#Fixed

My moan about "staff in Wetherspoons who say "who's next?""' has transmogrified .
?
no avatar
User

DeePeeNCAFC

Postby DeePeeNCAFC » March 24th, 2019, 7:28 pm

Middle-aged cyclists. First sign of nice weather, they don ridiculous lycra and a phallic-shaped helmet, phone all their mates and hit the road together in big packs. They then proceed to ride 3 abreast on narrow, winding country lanes slowing other traffic to a ridiculous crawl. They cycle into a town generally ignoring other traffic laws, mount the pavement if they get to a red traffic light.

I'm all for folk keeping fit and enjoying the Welsh countryside but please adhere to the laws particularly as us drivers are paying for the roads, and show some awareness for other road users.

Grrrrr.
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Rank

Postby Willthiswork » March 25th, 2019, 1:40 pm

Exile 1976 wrote:Drivers that don’t thank you when you let them out ... :evil:

Or those that don't thank you for thanking them.
no avatar
User

DeePeeNCAFC

Postby DeePeeNCAFC » March 25th, 2019, 1:45 pm

Willthiswork wrote:

Or those who just pull out anyway assuming you would let them out, but instead leave you to brake and curse.
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » March 25th, 2019, 2:06 pm

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:

Or those who just pull out anyway assuming you would let them out, but instead leave you to brake and curse.

Having done my HGV courses I'm of the opinion you shouldn't wave etc people can't do two things at once just concentrate on driving

Plus you are told not to as well by your instructor

People really should have to get a driving assessment ever 5-6 years as well standards are slipping
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » March 25th, 2019, 4:49 pm

People who don't wash their hands after being in crapper see it regularly in pubs I now carry a bottle of handwash :evil:

And why on the subject of toilets why is there always a handle to pull going out yet on way in you just have to push

FFS! It's a disgrace big time :evil:
User

phil_in_npton

Postby phil_in_npton » March 26th, 2019, 5:03 pm

Good Afternoon

Not a lot of time for my full list at present, so a few picked at random

Predictive text that I don’t spot and makes me look like I can’t spell.

Loose when it should be lose, and vice versa

Newport County fans, at away grounds which are all seater, wandering in just before kick off and standing in prime positions behind the goal. This causing people who choose to sit, and were there early to have to move. Happened at Milton Keynes recently and also Stevenage last season for sure. If you want to stand fine but stand further back!

Phil in Npton
no avatar
User

rncfc

Caerphilly

Postby rncfc » March 26th, 2019, 8:53 pm

That was a problem at spurs away. My kids ended up standing on seats for 90 minutes as so many people were stood up in front of them. Nightmare as you don't want to be a moaner either!
no avatar
User

mad norm

Postby mad norm » March 27th, 2019, 4:30 pm

And I almost forgot!
CATS
It is totally unacceptable they are allowed to sh!t at will on people's gardens
If I were to crap on someone's garden I'd be unpopular
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » March 27th, 2019, 4:53 pm

mad norm wrote:And I almost forgot!
CATS
It is totally unacceptable they are allowed to sh!t at will on people's gardens
If I were to crap on someone's garden I'd be unpopular

My father in law went to doctors last week said to the doctor I keep having a dump at 8.30 every morning the doctor said there's nothing wrong with that the father in law said there is I don't get up till 9 :shock:
no avatar
User

mad norm

Postby mad norm » March 27th, 2019, 11:12 pm

:cheers:
PreviousNext