Brexit Deal

If it ain't amber or ain't football then it belongs here!
no avatar
User

Cornish Exile

Brexit Deal

Postby Cornish Exile » March 23rd, 2019, 9:24 pm

A great deal for the U.K. would be an agreement with New Zealand to swap Prime Ministers.
no avatar
User

rncfc

Caerphilly

Re: Brexit Deal

Postby rncfc » March 29th, 2019, 1:24 pm

If we could move to the Pacific as well, it would get my vote.
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » March 29th, 2019, 1:58 pm

What a complete shambles!!

The problem is everyone sees Brexit differently you won't get cross party support

I voted remain but I accept the decision let's get on with it ! The only true Brexit is to leave without a deal all other options you might as well stay then at least we get a say
User

Marky

Mazeglaas

Postby Marky » March 29th, 2019, 6:45 pm

I don't accept the decision, it was fraudulent, non-binding and based on a sustained campaign of lies from the right wing press dating back many years. If it's still the "will of the people" let's have another vote to prove it. We had a general election two years after the previous one and it's coming up for three years since the referendum.

What I think will happen is parliament votes for the customs union (Ken Clarke) option which is not really Brexit and no-one will be happy.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » March 29th, 2019, 9:56 pm

What d'ya want?

NO!

When d'ya want it?

NO!
no avatar
User

Cornish Exile

Postby Cornish Exile » March 29th, 2019, 10:32 pm

The so called will of the people?

If the same voting criteria the Tories imposed upon the Unions for calling a strike (50%+ of those entitled to vote) had been used for the referendum the result would have been quite different.
User

Marky

Mazeglaas

Postby Marky » March 29th, 2019, 11:16 pm

Good to see our old friend Tommy Robinson voicing his fury in London, although quite what about I'm not sure even he knew.
User

JonD

Corridor of Uncertainty

Postby JonD » March 30th, 2019, 7:02 am

These geezers outside parliament were angry that Theresa May’s deal was voted down yet were angry because they want to leave without a deal. It makes no sense.
no avatar
User

rncfc

Caerphilly

Postby rncfc » April 1st, 2019, 1:10 pm

The EU referendum result was just a protest vote in my eyes; people just voted out to cause a bit of chaos.
User

penycwm county

Pembrokeshire

Postby penycwm county » April 2nd, 2019, 6:52 pm

“People were confused by the arguments either way – they interviewed people the next day on the news, one bloke was like ‘I voted leave but I didn’t really want to leave Europe’ – there were two options on the form, how did you screw that up? Another bloke said ‘I just voted Leave to get the Muslims out’ – he’s in for a shock when he finds out Muslims don’t come from Luxembourg.”