Argus Front Page

If it ain't amber or ain't football then it belongs here!
no avatar
User

mad norm

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Argus Front Page

Postby mad norm » April 1st, 2019, 7:37 pm

Catch up on the the headlines now and then.
Today's made grim reading.
Drugs,drugs ramraiding and drugs
:shock:
User

Marky

Mazeglaas

Re: Argus Front Page

Postby Marky » April 1st, 2019, 8:31 pm

Well that's news for you.
no avatar
User

rncfc

Caerphilly

Postby rncfc » April 2nd, 2019, 12:27 pm

Walking around the streets of Newport, it's great to see that all of these arrests for drug dealing are reducing people's usage.

Oh, wait.....
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » April 2nd, 2019, 1:27 pm

rncfc wrote:Walking around the streets of Newport, it's great to see that all of these arrests for drug dealing are reducing people's usage.

Oh, wait.....

My view has always been that it is impossible to stop people engaging in what is covered by the term vice.

There are two possible approaches. The first is to do as we do with gambling and alcohol and tobacco. License it. The second is to do what we do with sex cocaine etc and outlaw it's sale.

State run brothels and hard drugs on prescription may be unpleasant but surely it is better than the alternative which is giving control to organized crime.

Other views are available.
User

penycwm county

Pembrokeshire

Postby penycwm county » April 4th, 2019, 12:57 pm

Outlawing drugs has been going on since the Victorian times and it doesn't look like its going to end soon, another option is needed and legalisation is the best out there.
no avatar
User

OLDCROMWELLIAN

TrefGruffydd

Postby OLDCROMWELLIAN » April 8th, 2019, 9:50 am

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
rncfc wrote:Walking around the streets of Newport, it's great to see that all of these arrests for drug dealing are reducing people's usage.

Oh, wait.....

My view has always been that it is impossible to stop people engaging in what is covered by the term vice.

There are two possible approaches. The first is to do as we do with gambling and alcohol and tobacco. License it. The second is to do what we do with sex cocaine etc and outlaw it's sale.

State run brothels and hard drugs on prescription may be unpleasant but surely it is better than the alternative which is giving control to organized crime.

Other views are available.

On balance I have to say that in principle I would agree with you on this subject. Having seen at first hand the very high percentage of illegal drug related crime amongst the prison population, and indeed sometimes continues within prison walls, the high cost to the nation's purse should not be ignored either, when forming an opinion.