Re: Brexit.

pembsexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:So Brexit. Going well is it? 8)
I did wonder how long it would take you to resurrect this thread Brendan! My own views on Brexit are listed on this thread earlier.

I note that I said over 6 months ago I thought Brexit wouldn’t happen. 60% I think. Now I reckon there is an 80% chance it won’t happen.

Boris will be forced to quit. No General election. Parliament won’t vote for it. Turkeys and Christmas and all that. Ken Clarke or Harriet Harman to form an emergency govt.

I believe that the British political landscape has changed. The remainers now appear in the majority.

Truly remarkable times. One thing I think is certain. People will be reading about today in the history books in 300 years time.
Just my view on that which I think might happen.

Corbyn calls a vote of no confidence. He states that he will ask the EU to suspend Brexit until after a UK election if he is caretaker Prime Minister. On Thursday he wins said vote and on Monday of next week goes to Brussels, makes the request as required and it is granted. On Tuesday he calls for a vote under the Fixed Term Parliament Act and Parliament is lawfully prorogued in order for a General Election to be held on the last Thursday in October.

I'm looking forward to a Corbyn government, I must admit. I'm really looking forward to having loads of nice new shit, and not having to worry about paying for it.

It really does crack me up how the Tories bang on about his "magic money tree", yet they have overseen the biggest QE programme of all time. I'm just amazed such a high proportion of the population lap up their shit.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:So Brexit. Going well is it? 8)
I did wonder how long it would take you to resurrect this thread Brendan! My own views on Brexit are listed on this thread earlier.

I note that I said over 6 months ago I thought Brexit wouldn’t happen. 60% I think. Now I reckon there is an 80% chance it won’t happen.

Boris will be forced to quit. No General election. Parliament won’t vote for it. Turkeys and Christmas and all that. Ken Clarke or Harriet Harman to form an emergency govt.

I believe that the British political landscape has changed. The remainers now appear in the majority.

Truly remarkable times. One thing I think is certain. People will be reading about today in the history books in 300 years time.
Just my view on that which I think might happen.

Corbyn calls a vote of no confidence. He states that he will ask the EU to suspend Brexit until after a UK election if he is caretaker Prime Minister. On Thursday he wins said vote and on Monday of next week goes to Brussels, makes the request as required and it is granted. On Tuesday he calls for a vote under the Fixed Term Parliament Act and Parliament is lawfully prorogued in order for a General Election to be held on the last Thursday in October.
Interesting Brendan but I just don't think that a vote of no confidence will happen. A lot of Tories would be voted out in an election by big Nige and his mates. However, I do think that King Boris will be forced to abdicate. Quite right too.

His legal advisory team should follow him as well. If nothing else, for allowing wrong advice to be given to the Queen. I bet she is pleased. The only thing I agree with Corbyn about is that he may be the shortest time served Prime Minister ever.

There are too many variables to give a reasonable estimation but possibly when either HH or KC form an emergency government then we will see. However, I don't think that the general election will happen until after 31 October when we will still be in the EU in my opinion. Crazy days.

Furthermore, if a vote of no confidence does not happen until 6 October, it ain't going to happen at all in this Parliamentary session as there needs to be 25 days from the calling of an election to the day itself. The last Thursday in October is 31st.

UPTHEPORT wrote:Speaking as someone that voted remain and a labour party member the labour party has lost touch with its core support the majority of whom voted leave

They are going to lose a lot of votes
65% of Labour voters voted remain.

So Labour want to abolish private education.
Corbyn went private, Abbott had her kids go private.
Virtually all the shadow cabinet were involved in private education.
Hypocrites the lot of them.
All on the make for themselves.
Both parties ignoring the wishes of their own seats.
Bercow enough said.
You could put the numbers of decent MOP's on one Wrexham hand.
3 years now and this will go on another 3 at least.
Nobody is remotely capable of sorting it out.
Cameron is a disgrace.
Rant over

Willthiswork wrote:Boris will take it to the EU court of appeal! :)

I noticed your smiley Joe, but in all seriousness, I have no doubt that he would if he could. He can't though as the EU courts see this as an internal domestic matter and don't get involved.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:So Labour want to abolish private education.
Bercow enough said.
Cameron is a disgrace.
Rant over
The world is full of hypocrites mate. It is just normally the degree that varies.

I have no idea how it will all fan out in the end but I suspect we ain't leaving Europe for some time yet. Cameron has a bloody lot to answer for. The referendum has caused more disharmony in this country than anything else since the Second World War. Nothing else comes remotely close.

Marky wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Speaking as someone that voted remain and a labour party member the labour party has lost touch with its core support the majority of whom voted leave

Marky

Think its the other way around?

pembsexile wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:So Labour want to abolish private education.
Bercow enough said.
Cameron is a disgrace.
Rant over
The world is full of hypocrites mate. It is just normally the degree that varies.

I have no idea how it will all fan out in the end but I suspect we ain't leaving Europe for some time yet. Cameron has a bloody lot to answer for. The referendum has caused more disharmony in this country than anything else since the Second World War. Nothing else comes remotely close.
I watched the Cameron announcement regarding the referendum.
He never mentioned any form of negotiation just stating you vote to Leave or remain, nothing else.
Only PM ever to divulge his conversation with the Monarch and he did this twice, this week to sell his book.
All the same to feather there own nests.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Marky wrote:

Marky

Think its the other way around?
It isn't.

Marky wrote:

Sorry should have said the vote leave areas

The figures I've seen show that

What I'm saying is the party is going against it's support and they will lose loads of seats come next election because of Brexit

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Marky wrote:

What I'm saying is the party is going against it's support and they will lose loads of seats come next election because of Brexit
But they're not, time and again Corbyn has refused to commit to anything. You can't please everyone, Labour would gain far more support by backing remain than a half-arsed Brexit that no-one wants. If they were a remain party they'd have got the most votes in the European elections.

Marky wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
Marky wrote:

But they're not, time and again Corbyn has refused to commit to anything. You can't please everyone, Labour would gain far more support by backing remain than a half-arsed Brexit that no-one wants. If they were a remain party they'd have got the most votes in the European elections.
"No one wants"

Correct only 52% of voters but what do they know :roll:
Incorrect on Labour European elections as they would of got less.