Mr S Smith

If it ain't amber or ain't football then it belongs here!
no avatar
User

mad norm

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Mr S Smith

Postby mad norm » September 5th, 2019, 4:40 pm

How DO you get the bloke out? :cry:
no avatar
User

njbh86

Re: Mr S Smith

Postby njbh86 » September 6th, 2019, 10:35 am

Wheelbarrow
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » September 6th, 2019, 1:42 pm

Don’t drop him when he’s ‘only’ in the 60’s
no avatar
User

abbones

Postby abbones » September 8th, 2019, 12:21 pm

I'd just want to sledge him and sledge him..... about being a cheat and tell him no matter how many runs he scores he will be remembered as a cheat!!
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » September 9th, 2019, 11:59 am

abbones wrote:I'd just want to sledge him and sledge him..... about being a cheat and tell him no matter how many runs he scores he will be remembered as a cheat!!

Atherton did exactly the same tampering the ball he didn't get half as much abuse

He made a mistake we all do

Look at Pipey he glassed someone which is 100 times worse but we gave him a second chance
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » September 9th, 2019, 4:10 pm

UPTHEPORT wrote:
abbones wrote:I'd just want to sledge him and sledge him..... about being a cheat and tell him no matter how many runs he scores he will be remembered as a cheat!!

Atherton did exactly the same tampering the ball he didn't get half as much abuse

He made a mistake we all do

Look at Pipey he glassed someone which is 100 times worse but we gave him a second chance

Funny thing about cheating, our cheats should be forgiven, opposition cheats should burn in Hell for eternity.

And that is how it should be. :grin:
no avatar
User

mad norm

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Postby mad norm » September 15th, 2019, 1:11 pm

Got him! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » September 15th, 2019, 3:53 pm

mad norm wrote:Got him! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I think good though Smith has been England have made the mistake in previous games of trying to contain him rather than get him out.
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Postby neilcork68 » September 15th, 2019, 7:57 pm

Irrelevant of how good he has been we didnt lose the series :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Cracking finish to a very even contest...A draw a very fair result
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » September 16th, 2019, 10:08 am

neilcork68 wrote:Irrelevant of how good he has been we didnt lose the series :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

And it was good of Paine to put us in to bat
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » September 16th, 2019, 10:21 am

UPTHEPORT wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:Irrelevant of how good he has been we didnt lose the series :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I watched the game, not every ball but most. I'm not sure that the decision to put England in made much difference. The pitch was lively and broke up a little but the truth is England batted better.
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » September 16th, 2019, 12:46 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:

I watched the game, not every ball but most. I'm not sure that the decision to put England in made much difference. The pitch was lively and broke up a little but the truth is England batted better.

I listen to tms which is brilliant and every pundit said he got the toss wrong the oval is a bat first wicket he went on gut feeling and the Aussies pundits are saying the knives are out for him in Australia hes had a poor series just look at his reviews with DRS I think the stats show he got less than 8% right
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » September 16th, 2019, 3:42 pm

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:

I listen to tms which is brilliant and every pundit said he got the toss wrong the oval is a bat first wicket he went on gut feeling and the Aussies pundits are saying the knives are out for him in Australia hes had a poor series just look at his reviews with DRS I think the stats show he got less than 8% right

Every pundit on TMS hold/held a different opinion to me. Gooch on the Sky debate today made the point that had Australia held their catches they would have dismissed England for far fewer than 295.

That doesn't mean I'm right, it merely means Gooch agrees with me. The truth is that we will never know what would have happened had Australia batted first.