Re: RWC

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Totally one sided game.
Very impressive.
Now to be serious come on Wales tomorrow.
If we beat S Africa, England hopefully cannot play that well again.
A few people have said that about NZ. Hopefully Wales have had their bad performance in this competition behind them - against France last week. We will need to up our game against the Saffers.

I remember in the 70's when Leeds were winning everything. They played badly for a few games but still won. I remember a commentator at the time saying that the sign of a good team is to play badly and still win. I agree.

Anyway, on to the footy. Three points today will do nicely thank you. Cmon the County.

Absolutely battered the All Blacks, unbelievably one sided game. It pains me to say it but this Ingerrrrrlund side are something special.
Cannot see Wales or SA living with them if they play anywhere near the way they did today

Exile 1976 wrote:Absolutely battered the All Blacks, unbelievably one sided game. It pains me to say it but this Ingerrrrrlund side are something special.
Cannot see Wales or SA living with them if they play anywhere near the way they did today
Cannot argue with that on the evidence of today's game, although people were saying that after the quarter finals about NZ?
Think it goes to show any team starved of possession and behind on the scoreboard, start to make errors and concede penalties, and most crucially make poor decisions; as indeed NZ did today.
Although it grieves me to say, England were excellent today, especially defensively.
Lets see what tomorrow brings.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Absolutely battered the All Blacks, unbelievably one sided game. It pains me to say it but this Ingerrrrrlund side are something special.
Cannot argue with that on the evidence of today's game, although people were saying that after the quarter finals about NZ?
Think it goes to show any team starved of possession and behind on the scoreboard, start to make errors and concede penalties, and most crucially make poor decisions; as indeed NZ did today.
Although it grieves me to say, England were excellent today, especially defensively.
Lets see what tomorrow brings.

Wales have put in one decent performance v Australia and could have lost it. England have looked excellent, and getting better game by game so can't see them not turning up with a similar performance in the final.

[quote="Exile 1976"

Wales have put in one decent performance v Australia and could have lost it. England have looked excellent, and getting better game by game so can't see them not turning up with a similar performance in the final.[/quote]

I agree.

But then again I thought the same this time last week about New Zealand who looked invincible against Ireland.

Willthiswork wrote:England were good the first half but didn't offer much in the second.

NZ were poor throughout - I doubt i'll ever see them play that poor again.

If Wales get past the Boks I don't fear the Rose.
Seriously.
I thought this was a wind up but guess not

England 100% superb for 80 minutes.

Unbeatable if they play like that in the final.

Quick question. How much agony do we have to endure this morning before the game ends? Because of VAR most games now last 2 hrs. I reckon it will be about 3 minutes past 11 o'clock before we know whether Wales have won or not. My ticker just won't take it :grin: After yesterday's County result I need something to cheer me up.

pembsexile wrote:Quick question. How much agony do we have to endure this morning before the game ends? Because of VAR most games now last 2 hrs. I reckon it will be about 3 minutes past 11 o'clock before we know whether Wales have won or not. My ticker just won't take it :grin: After yesterday's County result I need something to cheer me up.
Give Doris a call