Re: Jacob Rees-Mogg

penycwm county wrote:
njbh86 wrote:
JonD wrote:I know of plenty of working class people who'll be voting Tory. One has to wonder about Corbyn's lack of appeal if JRM and Boris is the preferred option.
Easy to explain when Corbyn gets nothing other than smeared by basically all press outside (and often including) the Grauniad.

I'm no big fan of his, as an individual, but the way he's covered in media is a ******* disgrace. Meanwhile Boris spent years as a HIGNFY regular and is regarded as a lovable oaf rather than the evil bag of shit that he actually is.

Well, if people will read The Sun and the Mail, what do you expect ?
By a Country Mile the Daily Mail is the best paper for Football news in the UK.
Why would you not read it?

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
penycwm county wrote:
njbh86 wrote:
JonD wrote:I know of plenty of working class people who'll be voting Tory. One has to wonder about Corbyn's lack of appeal if JRM and Boris is the preferred option.
Easy to explain when Corbyn gets nothing other than smeared by basically all press outside (and often including) the Grauniad.

I'm no big fan of his, as an individual, but the way he's covered in media is a ******* disgrace. Meanwhile Boris spent years as a HIGNFY regular and is regarded as a lovable oaf rather than the evil bag of shit that he actually is.

Well, if people will read The Sun and the Mail, what do you expect ?
By a Country Mile the Daily Mail is the best paper for Football news in the UK.
Why would you not read it?
Even the "unreliable" Wikipedia dont use it.
"In February 2017, the English Wikipedia banned the Daily Mail as an "unreliable source" to use as a reference in Wikipedia. Its use as a reference is now "generally prohibited, especially when other more reliable sources exist".[13][173] Support for the ban centred on "the Daily Mail's reputation for poor fact checking, sensationalism, and flat-out fabrication".[13]"

As ever, I think numbers point the way:
At the last election, a poorly performing Teresa May was 8 seats short of a majority...Corbyn was 64 seats short....EIGHT TIMES as poor as a poor Teresa May.
At that point, Corbyn needed removing.

Caradog wrote:Much prefer JRM to Corbyn. More relatable to the working man.
Hmm, in the way that he is the lounge lizard type you mean. In public as well.

I am no fan of JC, but I have to say that JRM is possibly the most despicable example of an MP that I can ever remember. No wonder lots of people hate the Tories.

No, it would be in the jokes section. Think we both work in NHS. Been trying for two years with a labour activist that Boris would beat Corbyn in an election.
Most people would prefer a beer with Boris and JRM than Corbyn and McDonnel.
Labour never got that and if they replace with similar will be thrashed again in 5 years!

Caradog wrote:No, it would be in the jokes section. Think we both work in NHS. Been trying for two years with a labour activist that Boris would beat Corbyn in an election.
Labour never got that and if they replace with similar will be thrashed again in 5 years!
I agree Corbyn could only attract a small group of people and that as such he was the wrong leader. Looking in it is also clear to me that by offering everything to everyone the Labour manifesto was simply not credible. And whilst it pains me to say this I think Labour will probably make the same mistake again and lose again in five years time. ( Probably four years time, the Fixed Term Parliament Act will be abolished.)

For all his faults, give me Corbyn anytime rather than that lying, duplicitous shite Johnson any day of the week.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Caradog wrote:No, it would be in the jokes section. Think we both work in NHS. Been trying for two years with a labour activist that Boris would beat Corbyn in an election.
I agree Corbyn could only attract a small group of people and that as such he was the wrong leader. Looking in it is also clear to me that by offering everything to everyone the Labour manifesto was simply not credible. And whilst it pains me to say this I think Labour will probably make the same mistake again and lose again in five years time. ( Probably four years time, the Fixed Term Parliament Act will be abolished.)

For all his faults, give me Corbyn anytime rather than that lying, duplicitous shite Johnson any day of the week.
Morning (just) Brendan. Yep Corbyn was definitely the wrong leader. Unfortunately, his policies didn't really stack up with the voters either. They didn't seem to trust him. As he seems to want to stay on for a bit, I think he is trying to ensure that a person with the same policies follow him. Labour never seem to learn. They need a reality check. The public won't vote in an extreme left wing candidate. Foot, Kinnock and now Corbyn all sent packing, and what are we left with?

I think we need a decent centrist type of person to give the public a credible alternative. Love him or loathe him, why did Blair trounce the Tories three times? I think he was seen as decent before the Iraq weapons of mass destruction debacle.

As for having a beer with JRM or King Boris, I don't think I would like to be in the same room as one of them, never mind have a beer. I'll leave you to guess who. McDonnel I'd have a chat with, he seems decent(ish). Don't like his policies though.

Oh well. We can disagree with the drinks but all the best leaders have been lying duplicitous shits. It's called politics. Let's wait a few years as I think we can go back to the boom years of the 80s where everyone prospers. Rather than going back to the IMF with a Labour win.

neilcork68 wrote:This subject should be tied in with Michael Flynns ''its a newport thing''

Why do they still insist on voting Labour election after election even when most Labour voters disagreed with the policies of Corbyn and his band of idiots ?
Many of Labour's policies polled well with voters. There weren't many policies I disagreed with in Labour's manifesto, and I'm certainly no 'idiot'.

neilcork68 wrote:This subject should be tied in with Michael Flynns ''its a newport thing''

Why do they still insist on voting Labour election after election even when most Labour voters disagreed with the policies of Corbyn and his band of idiots ?
Because the only other option is Boris Johnson so millions of people have no choice but to vote tactically and it's not a presidential election, they're also choosing their MP. The European election showed the real level of support for Labour under Corbyn.

Why do people in say Chelsea always vote Tory

Secondly speaking as someone from Newport West Paul Flynn was an excellent MP turned Newport West from a Tory seat to a labour stronghold so your wrong in saying about why still voting Labour

UPTHEPORT wrote:

Why do people in say Chelsea always vote Tory

Secondly speaking as someone from Newport West Paul Flynn was an excellent MP turned Newport West from a Tory seat to a labour stronghold so your wrong in saying about why still voting Labour
Paul Flynn was both an exceptional MP and human being. However save for the Thatcher landslide in 1983, Newport or Newport West was never Tory. As I recall Newport West was one of the very few seats won back by Labour in 1987.