Your Claim to fame

Whats your claim to fame

I once took the wicket of a Sri Lanka test international while playing for Gwent health authority as it was called at the time we where all out for something like 38 :oops: the oppo where 37 -0 my captain said Jim fancy a bowl so I walked to the boundary and ran in like Bob Willis only letting the ball go at about 40 mph :mrgreen: he hit it straight back to me :cheers: The boys never heard the last of my slower delivery all the way home in mini bus or bar later :grin:

Re: Your Claim to fame

I've got 2 relatively minor claims to fame.

When I was younger I played in a trial match for a reasonably good club alongside Guy Whittingham. He got a contract and went on to play top-flight football while I got substituted after half an hour and went back to playing pub football.

Secondly, I once arrested a famous person from the acting industry.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:I've got 2 relatively minor claims to fame.

When I was younger I played in a trial match for a reasonably good club alongside Guy Whittingham. He got a contract and went on to play top-flight football while I got substituted after half an hour and went back to playing pub football.

First one don't tell me you where marking him and he got a hat trick in half hour :grin:

Second one you can't keep us in suspenders like that

Bowled Javed Miandad with probably the worst ball I ever bowled

Beat Steve Davies and Ken Doherty at Pool . Both times without them taking a shot. ( whilst working at the Royal Oak , Chepstow Rd , Newport - They were playing in the Welsh Open and were staying at the Celtic Manor...they came in for a pint...

Been in a lift with Jennifer Rush ( the power of love ) at the BBC

Told Bonnie Tyler I couldnt leave her food order with her at her restaurant in Swansea ( I wont divulge the reason why so I dont cause her embarrassment )

Bought Marti Pellow a pint at Wet Wet Wets first ever gig as he couldnt afford one and hadnt been paid for his gig yet and he was skint

Had a disagreement with Ben Volpelierre ( Curiosity killed the Cat - an 80's group) for trying to chat up my girlfriend at the time:argue: :boxing:

My best one is that I had relations :wink: :la: :sex: with a famous BBC Wales newsreader in th 80's ( I aint going to tell you who she is )

quote="UPTHEPORT"]
DeePeeNCAFC wrote:I've got 2 relatively minor claims to fame.

First one don't tell me you where marking him and he got a hat trick in half hour :grin:

Second one you can't keep us in suspenders like that[/quote]

First one - yes, I think he scored a few goals and played as a natural striker in that trial match. I played up front alongside him, even though I loosely regarded myself as being a ball-playing midfielder at the time, I had (and still have) no pace but could last 90mins, except in this trial game where I was hauled off early doors.

Second one - Afraid confidentiality etc means I can't reveal any more. Won't even drop any slight clues* as it will give the name away. Was for a trivial offence, bending of the rules, eventually settled with a small fine.

* Actually, being mischievous I have just dropped a very subtle cryptic clue.

I am 5ft 9 in.......played football against Kevin Francis ( ex pro ) who is 6ft 8 in.

Beat him I the air every time.,.

The ref asked me at the end of the game how I did it......let's just say I had my hands full every time he wanted to jump for the ball and I found no lumps in his testicles :lol:

I would have made Labadie look like an angel when I played #dirtybarsteward

neilcork68 wrote:I am 5ft 9 in.......played football against Kevin Francis ( ex pro ) who is 6ft 8 in.

The ref asked me at the end of the game how I did it......let's just say I had my hands full every time he wanted to jump for the ball and I found no lumps in his testicles :lol:

Super Kevin Francis? Legend. I watched him play dozens of times for Oxford, and a few times for Birmingham. He was the nineties version of Jamille Matt, only half as skilful. Home and visiting fans loved him in equal measure, he would do things like nutmeg Peter Beardsley, beat 3 more defenders as he closed in in goal and then trip himself up before getting a shot away. I think he left the game to become a cop in Brum.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:I am 5ft 9 in.......played football against Kevin Francis ( ex pro ) who is 6ft 8 in.

Super Kevin Francis? Legend. I watched him play dozens of times for Oxford, and a few times for Birmingham. He was the nineties version of Jamille Matt, only half as skilful. Home and visiting fans loved him in equal measure, he would do things like nutmeg Peter Beardsley, beat 3 more defenders as he closed in in goal and then trip himself up before getting a shot away. I think he left the game to become a cop in Brum.

Thats they guy... you are correct he is a Police Officer in Birmingham
He would have been proud of Jefferson Loius when he got tackled by the post