On petty arguments and off topic discussions

Sorry Jack after reading your 'rules' and why they have been removed / moved I don't agree.
Its the usual suspects who turn the subjects into these 'petty arguments' and start to abuse because they don't agree with the subject matter.
Sort out these and let others debate sensible topics if they want to is my views.
How is my topic of ''Facts for posters to think about'' not a football thread or Newport County related ?
it was 'Fourthousand; and ;Spiderman; who went off topic because they disagreed with it and weren't prepared to debate / argue like adults. I simply posted FACTS about our form over the last 20 games
Football is an entertainment business and results driven business . Are we being entertained or getting enough points for , IMO the manager to continue in his current position ??

Re: I think we need some perspective

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
phil crump wrote:Ainsworth at Wycombe came within 1 game of taking them out of the league Rotherham currently have same manager who oversaw last seasons relegation but granted they are few and far between
Neil takes the view that Flynn should go now. I disagree with Neil on this, as I think Flynn has earned a little more time. However in a truly awful run of form no manager can expect to be above criticism. And it's a proper topic for debate. I just wish certain posters would stop resorting to calling people knobs because they don't share an opinion.
It's not the only reason. He continues to make the same point over and over again; is much more verciferios (like yourself) when the club is going through some difficult times; he bleats on about receiving an apology (something that you frequently do as well) and I find it tasteless for him to continually call for man to be sacked (and especially when on another thread he tries to make some point about a terrible loss of life and pressures put on by internet keyboard warrior's).

Fourthousand wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
phil crump wrote:Ainsworth at Wycombe came within 1 game of taking them out of the league Rotherham currently have same manager who oversaw last seasons relegation but granted they are few and far between
Neil takes the view that Flynn should go now. I disagree with Neil on this, as I think Flynn has earned a little more time. However in a truly awful run of form no manager can expect to be above criticism. And it's a proper topic for debate. I just wish certain posters would stop resorting to calling people knobs because they don't share an opinion.
It's not the only reason. He continues to make the same point over and over again; is much more verciferios (like yourself) when the club is going through some difficult times; he bleats on about receiving an apology (something that you frequently do as well) and I find it tasteless for him to continually call for man to be sacked (and especially when on another thread he tries to make some point about a terrible loss of life and pressures put on by internet keyboard warrior's).
And your response to him is to call him a "knob"
Maybe we should call you the Posh Whoareya
Of course I forgot anything you come up with and the 3 usual suspects is "Satire"
Shame as I thought you were a tidy contributor but you have changed as well.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Fourthousand wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
And your response to him is to call him a "knob"
Maybe we should call you the Posh Whoareya
Of course I forgot anything you come up with and the 3 usual suspects is "Satire"
Shame as I thought you were a tidy contributor but you have changed as well.
You 3 'Boo Boys' would make a Saint resort to profanities.

Like I said its a shame.
Been called a "Spastic and Rainman" in the last week or so by you know who and he is still on here as he feels he can take the proverbial out of anyone as its "unofficial"
I suppose that's satire.
What's that saying something about sleeping with dogs.
Shame thought you were better than that.
Profanities required because we do not agree with you.
There you go.
Seriously I like everyone who is a true County fan want the best for the club and its not happened despite all the promises this season.
You wont find me on a cloud especially in this weather

Fourthousand wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
So you disagree with him. As you do with me.

And the reason you believe you enhance your argument by calling him a knob is?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Fourthousand wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
So you disagree with him. As you do with me.

And the reason you believe you enhance your argument by calling him a knob is?
I most certainly do.

A term of endearment on my part - I see him as all seeing, all wise, inspiring, supportive and calmness personified. This is just a bit too long winded and a little bit too gushing for a man of my advancing years to keep repeating in response to his many insightful utterances. I just feel lucky that there are so many of them and that I am given such an in-depth analysis as to why we have lost and how to address our ' badness' and why we have come up short of standard
i also feel blessed that he gives up his time and consultancy to our club, for free. when he could be doing so elsewhere at another club and certainly one of higher standing, one more deserved and at a much higher level.

I cannot repeat this every time, so I shorten it simply to Knowledgeable Newportonian Organisational Behaviourist.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Like I said its a shame.
Been called a "Spastic and Rainman" in the last week or so by you know who and he is still on here as he feels he can take the proverbial out of anyone as its "unofficial"
I suppose that's satire.
There you go.
Seriously I like everyone who is a true County fan want the best for the club and its not happened despite all the promises this season.
I haven't called you a spastic so perhaps you'd like to find and quote the post where I have?

If you're going to whine like a baby at 'abuse' then have a look at your own posts first.

whoareya wrote:
I suppose that's satire.
There you go.
I haven't called you a spastic so perhaps you'd like to find and quote the post where I have?

If you're going to whine like a baby at 'abuse' then have a look at your own posts first.
Oh yes you did
Was removed by moderators.
Please show me any similar abuse on here from myself.
One exception when you made a joke about 176 poor souls perishing over Iran.
What I called you for that was 100% genuine.
Albeit I am told it was satire.
You and your mate really love expletives on peoples medical conditions.
We have the above word which I have not heard for years and will not repeat, Autism and Alzheimers.
Wonderful duo.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
whoareya wrote:
I suppose that's satire.
There you go.

Oh yes you did
We have the above word which I have not heard for years and will not repeat, Autism and Alzheimers.
Wonderful duo.
I suggest you withdraw that allegation.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
whoareya wrote:
I suppose that's satire.
There you go.

Oh yes you did
Wonderful duo.

There’s a comedy show right there...

whoareya wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
whoareya wrote:
I suppose that's satire.
There you go.

Oh yes you did
Wonderful duo.
I suggest you withdraw that allegation.

No, what you’ve got to do is make a big fuss and open a new thread asking for an apology :lol:

Re: On petty arguments and off topic discussions

neilcork68 wrote:Sorry Jack after reading your 'rules' and why they have been removed / moved I don't agree.
Its the usual suspects who turn the subjects into these 'petty arguments' and start to abuse because they don't agree with the subject matter.
Sort out these and let others debate sensible topics if they want to is my views.
How is my topic of ''Facts for posters to think about'' not a football thread or Newport County related ?
it was 'Fourthousand; and ;Spiderman; who went off topic because they disagreed with it and weren't prepared to debate / argue like adults. I simply posted FACTS about our form over the last 20 games
Football is an entertainment business and results driven business . Are we being entertained or getting enough points for , IMO the manager to continue in his current position ??

Last edited by Exile 1976 on February 17th, 2020, 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: On petty arguments and off topic discussions

newgroundrodney wrote:What the moderators should do, is be, erm, moderate....and just delete the OFFENDING comments, and leave the thread itself where it belongs, and let it develop along its intended subject.
Unfortunately that is the path towards censorship.

However, I agree with your sentiment. As has been said many times on here, I see no reason to delete a post unless it is racist, sexist or promotes violence.