Coronavirus - When will we get back to RP?

Following our heavy defeats at Grimsby and Oldham, it would seem that Rodney Parade will be a safe place for our elderly supporters (me included) on Saturday. We should all be able to sit at least 6 feet apart. Thanks Mike and the boys for being so considerate by performing so badly to ensure our personal safety at home games :lol: .
Last edited by Blackandamber on February 1st, 2021, 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Coronavirus - Elderly should avoid LARGE Crowds

Good Morning

Jim, your bare facts are probably correct but I think the distinction is that at the moment this new virus has not levelled out as maybe the flu issue has. If this turns out to be the most deadly virus ever, not taking it seriously enough in the very early stages is dangerous.
We all know that whatever advice and guidelines are given out a large proportion of the general public will ignore it. They know better!

Phil in Northampton

phil_in_npton wrote:Good Morning

Jim, your bare facts are probably correct but I think the distinction is that at the moment this new virus has not levelled out as maybe the flu issue has. If this turns out to be the most deadly virus ever, not taking it seriously enough in the very early stages is dangerous.
We all know that whatever advice and guidelines are given out a large proportion of the general public will ignore it. They know better!

Phil in Northampton
Unfortunately ‘some’ members of the public won’t just ignore the advice, they will campaign against it. As you say, ‘they know better’. We have seen it happen before. It has the potential to have the same effect as the MMR vaccine scenario. People campaign against it, deliberately do not get the vaccine for their kids, hence the rise in measles and mumps. I expect that we will eventually get a vaccine, but it is the Coronavirus advice that ‘some’ people will rebel against.

The government are right to ‘consider their options’ and plan ahead. I have no idea as to the eventual severity of this outbreak but the UK authorities are now advising that May will be the peak month. I am not an outright advocate of listening to the government on all occasions, however, this is not just the government saying ‘things’. Listen to what the UK medical experts are saying, they are not the government, I would rather listen to them but they do give advice to Boris and his bunch.

I have to declare an interest here....

We were due to go to Venice for the weekend just gone, kids bought it for us as a Christmas present.
All booked and paid for, Hotel at Luton/ parking, Easy jet flights, transfer bus at Venice airport and two nights in a nice hotel.
Agonised for days beforehand about what to do, wife has low immune system, had pneumonia previously also she is carer for my elderly parents.
We took the decision not to go, all attractions in Venice were closed anyway.
We will never know if the decision was right, probably we would have been fine however that was the choice we made.
Some money was lost on flight and transfer, other was recouped thanks to goodwill of those involved.

We all do the best we can for ourselves and those around us.

Phil in Northampton

( we went to Liverpool instead!)

Blackandamber wrote:Ok I know Coronavirus is not a laughing matter but my topic was just supposed to be poking fun at the fact there is unlikely to be a large crowd at RP on Saturday.
I got that B&A, I saw the humour. Sorry if you feel that the thread has been hijacked. Like others have said, perhaps Joe will move this to everything else. Nice that there is no bickering on here though. :grin:

phil_in_npton wrote:I have to declare an interest here....

We were due to go to Venice for the weekend just gone, kids bought it for us as a Christmas present.
All booked and paid for, Hotel at Luton/ parking, Easy jet flights, transfer bus at Venice airport and two nights in a nice hotel.
Agonised for days beforehand about what to do, wife has low immune system, had pneumonia previously also she is carer for my elderly parents.
We took the decision not to go, all attractions in Venice were closed anyway.
We will never know if the decision was right, probably we would have been fine however that was the choice we made.
Some money was lost on flight and transfer, other was recouped thanks to goodwill of those involved.

We all do the best we can for ourselves and those around us.

Phil in Northampton

( we went to Liverpool instead!)
I think you made the right decision Phil. My wife has a low immune system too and we wouldn't fancy going to northern Italy at the moment.

G Guest wrote:I think that it is very unwise for the Dragons to play Benetton Treviso on Friday. Treviso is near Venice in the infected area of northern Italy. Anyone coming from there could be infected without knowing it and pass it on in Wales.
Sorry Geoff.

More off your original thread.
Looking forward to Fridays game.
Myself and Mrs Nouble have kindly accepted some fine hospitality but if powers to be call it off so be.
Where do you draw the line.
Cancel everything.
Sure sense will prevail.
Medics know best.