Re: Coronavirus - Elderly should avoid LARGE Crowds

G Guest wrote:The Italians are reacting to more than 1000 new cases being confirmed on Saturday. The president signed the decree on Sunday morning so it is still work in progress. But the declared intention is to isolate northern Italy with only essential workers moving around. This will be a huge blow to the Italian economy.
It’s already being reported that thousands left as soon as the announcement was made to go to other parts of Italy or further. That won’t end well.

lowandhard wrote:
G Guest wrote:The Italians are reacting to more than 1000 new cases being confirmed on Saturday. The president signed the decree on Sunday morning so it is still work in progress. But the declared intention is to isolate northern Italy with only essential workers moving around. This will be a huge blow to the Italian economy.
It’s already being reported that thousands left as soon as the announcement was made to go to other parts of Italy or further. That won’t end well.
Latest: I’ve just heard it’s now the whole country under lockdown! :shock:

UPTHEPORT wrote:Saying on sky sports news last night that don't rule out the same over here in next few weeks

That's going to be a massive blow to smaller clubs like ourselves
If that happens, they need to relax the rules around iFollow to allow fans in the UK to watch at £10? a head per match. I doubt that would fully fill the revenue gap but would help. There would be obvious issues that would need resolving such a season ticket holders and the quality of the product.

George Street-Bridge wrote:I think it would be a hard-hearted ST holder who'd want a refund if games were cancelled.
Back in 1963 after a harsh winter the season was extended until June. After a very severe winter. I doubt any games will be cancelled or played in front of empty stadiums. Although perhaps a shut down of a few weeks is possible, perhaps probable, with the season being extended.

Amberexile wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Saying on sky sports news last night that don't rule out the same over here in next few weeks

That's going to be a massive blow to smaller clubs like ourselves
If that happens, they need to relax the rules around iFollow to allow fans in the UK to watch at £10? a head per match. I doubt that would fully fill the revenue gap but would help. There would be obvious issues that would need resolving such a season ticket holders and the quality of the product.
Doubt it would make any difference. The rules are easy enough to circumvent.

excessbee wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:I think it would be a hard-hearted ST holder who'd want a refund if games were cancelled.
That situation could easily be covered by having a reduction on the renewal price for next season, even if it wasn't to the extent of being pro-rata on matches not played this season.
The point you seem to be missing is that if games are cancelled there would be no promotion or relegation. That isn't going to happen. It may well be that the season is extended into the early summer. Just possible, but unlikely, games may be played in empty stadiums.

excessbee wrote:Not sure I've missed any point. It was a reply to Amberexile (and GSB) wondering about the situation regarding season ticket holders possibly not receiving the product they had paid for - a full season of 23 matches of League Two matches.
Thing is many of us buy a season ticket but with holidays and family commitments not to mention other diverse attractions, we miss a fair few games. I’m self-isolating as a precautionary measure but as it’s my choice wouldn’t dream of seeking a refund and similarly wouldn’t anyway if the club were forced to play behind closed doors. Access to ifollow would be a nice gesture to such ST holders in my view though.

I set out every season with the intention of watching all the home matches, so obviously getting a season ticket is a no brainer. However, I know there are many fans out there who look upon it as a contribution to the club, even though they are not able to attend enough matches to 'break even'. Time flies and there are only four home matches left. Just done the figures and once you've attended 15 games you are in profit, not to mention any discount on purchases in the shop or (occasionally) away match tickets.