Cheltenham

If it ain't amber or ain't football then it belongs here!
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Location

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Cheltenham

Postby pembsexile » March 9th, 2020, 8:23 pm

Anyone got any tips for the Festival? I’m going for Asterion Falange in the Supreme Novices Hurdle (free bet) and Epatante in the 15.30. tomorrow. Both to win.

Was going to go for Altior in the big race on Wednesday but he pulled up lame on the weekend. His trainer says he may still run though, hmmmm.

Also may do Alpha des Obeaux in the Gold Cup. He looks a good e/w bet. He won’t win though.
no avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

Location

The Republic of Malpas

Re: Cheltenham

Postby UPTHEPORT » March 9th, 2020, 10:23 pm

Don't forget there's 100k up for grabs on ITV7 tomorrow and it's free
no avatar
User

mad norm

Location

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Re: Cheltenham

Postby mad norm » March 10th, 2020, 3:13 pm

I'm useless at picking winners as I do coincidence bets ,odd horses that I follow and other daft ideas.....Interesting as the old saying goes in big fields if in doubt do number 13.
no avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

Location

The Republic of Malpas

Re: Cheltenham

Postby UPTHEPORT » March 10th, 2020, 3:19 pm

Sign up for SBK | Sportsbook by Smarkets using code tobu960 https://getsbk.page.link/raf
Good offer there 10 pounds for both of us when you bet your first 20 quid use code tobu960
no avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

Location

The Republic of Malpas

Re: Cheltenham

Postby UPTHEPORT » March 11th, 2020, 8:58 am

If you're selected horse finish in top five in first race today and doesn't win you get your money back as cash on skybet up to a tenner

Gone for Sporting John

Also another free bet of a quid on Ladbrokes
Last edited by UPTHEPORT on March 11th, 2020, 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

Location

The Republic of Malpas

Re: Cheltenham

Postby UPTHEPORT » March 11th, 2020, 9:00 am

And another 100k up for grabs on ITV 7 it's free
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Location

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Re: Cheltenham

Postby pembsexile » March 11th, 2020, 1:11 pm

I’ve gone for Copperhead in the 14.10 and Dame de Compeigne in the 14.50 today. A certain winner looks to be Envoi Allen in the first race - 13.30 but the odds look far too short for me at 10/11 when I last looked.

For those who have accounts, Betfair are saying that if you put £20 on the first race, they will give you a free bet of £20. The only issue for me is that it is via their exchange account and I don’t use that one. Too risky for me.
User avatar
User

phil_in_npton

Re: Cheltenham

Postby phil_in_npton » March 12th, 2020, 5:37 am

Good Morning!

Half way point and I’m a few quid up. I don’t bet as much on Cheltenham as I used to, not every race, and only a few quid at a time.
Difference being I haven’t taken time off this year to stay home and watch it all.
However these new fangled smart phones might be the ruin of me!
Being able to watch the race and bet on it all whilst “at work” cannot be good for the weaker minded racing enthusiasts.
I hope to finish a bit earlier today, and a hospital appointment conveniently scheduled for Friday means I’m off then too. In our work competition, one horse per race, I’m minus fourteen quid, ie no winners!
Watched Tiger Roll with interest, as already got tenner on him at 8/1 for National, placed immediately after last years success. Must admit being a little concerned now, hoping for better ground at Aintree. Seriously worried the virus might have more impact by then though and everything affected.

Phil in Northampton
no avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

Location

The Republic of Malpas

Re: Cheltenham

Postby UPTHEPORT » March 12th, 2020, 11:04 am

200k today on itv7 free to enter
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Location

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Re: Cheltenham

Postby pembsexile » March 12th, 2020, 11:55 am

Pure luck and guesswork but doing OK so far. Selections for today;
13.30 Faugheen
14.10 Welsh Saint
14.50 Frodon (banker of the day!)

Tomorrow is the big day. Off work for that one.
no avatar
User

mad norm

Location

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Re: Cheltenham

Postby mad norm » March 12th, 2020, 7:25 pm

phil_in_npton wrote:Good Morning!

Half way point and I’m a few quid up. I don’t bet as much on Cheltenham as I used to, not every race, and only a few quid at a time.
Difference being I haven’t taken time off this year to stay home and watch it all.
However these new fangled smart phones might be the ruin of me!
Being able to watch the race and bet on it all whilst “at work” cannot be good for the weaker minded racing enthusiasts.
I hope to finish a bit earlier today, and a hospital appointment conveniently scheduled for Friday means I’m off then too. In our work competition, one horse per race, I’m minus fourteen quid, ie no winners!
Watched Tiger Roll with interest, as already got tenner on him at 8/1 for National, placed immediately after last years success. Must admit being a little concerned now, hoping for better ground at Aintree. Seriously worried the virus might have more impact by then though and everything affected.

Phil in Northampton

Stop kissing horses and you'll be fine
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Location

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Re: Cheltenham

Postby pembsexile » March 13th, 2020, 8:32 am

Big day today. Useless yesterday. Have even entered the ITV 7. Two to watch are Goshen in the 13.30 and Creanteen in the 16.50. Fingers crossed. :cheers: :grin:
no avatar
User

llanwern exile

Location

Usually in the milton

Re: Cheltenham

Postby llanwern exile » March 13th, 2020, 8:55 am

pembsexile wrote:Big day today. Useless yesterday. Have even entered the ITV 7. Two to watch are Goshen in the 13.30 and Creanteen in the 16.50. Fingers crossed. :cheers: :grin:


My favourite day of the season is today mike! the mrs has been up there all week working so I go up today to have my day out at the races then we come back home together (she drives) :grin: i go up armed with my £100 to loose or make a fortune, i suspect it will be the former, so for what its worth this is what i will be wasting my money on today.

1.30 Goshen
2.10 Saint Roi
2.50 Monkfish
3.30 Lostintranslation
4.10 Billaway My tip of the day :shock:
4.50 Chosen Mate
5.30 Pileon

I will probably come home disappointed again as I do most years but its a great day out.
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Location

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Re: Cheltenham

Postby pembsexile » March 13th, 2020, 9:58 am

llanwern exile wrote:
pembsexile wrote:Big day today. Useless yesterday. Have even entered the ITV 7. Two to watch are Goshen in the 13.30 and Creanteen in the 16.50. Fingers crossed. :cheers: :grin:


My favourite day of the season is today mike! the mrs has been up there all week working so I go up today to have my day out at the races then we come back home together (she drives) :grin: i go up armed with my £100 to loose or make a fortune, i suspect it will be the former, so for what its worth this is what i will be wasting my money on today.

1.30 Goshen
2.10 Saint Roi
2.50 Monkfish
3.30 Lostintranslation
4.10 Billaway My tip of the day :shock:
4.50 Chosen Mate
5.30 Pileon

I will probably come home disappointed again as I do most years but its a great day out.


Have a great day mate and I hope you have some winners because you have 3 of the same selections as me! You have definitely done it the right way by having a budget, quite sensible that.

Not sure about lostintranslation. Has a chance of course but I like the look of Clan des Obeaux. I have done 7 singles, 1 double, 1 patent and even the itv 7. Gotta have a winner there surely :grin:
no avatar
User

llanwern exile

Location

Usually in the milton

Re: Cheltenham

Postby llanwern exile » March 13th, 2020, 10:11 pm

Great day at the races! top weather top racing and good beer, I had 3 winners + an each way treble so I come home this year with a little bit more than I went up with :cheers: all in all a fabulous day out.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Powered by phpBB ®