Re: The 60’s to 69’s Thread

Good Evening

Hi Mike, that’s a tough regime for sure. and I’m sure we all have our own stories to a lesser or hopefully not too many larger degree.
I’ll share my situation. It’s really strange as we have been forced into a steady routine, I’ve been furloughed from work so that means no 4-15 am alarms and 12 hour days away from home.
However circumstances with dads carer have meant that task has fallen on us, that’s a trip across town to get him up, washed, dressed etc. And reverse operation early evening, he has no mobility and dementia, up and down day to day. Scary day last Friday when problems with catheter meant Ambulance to hospital and wife spent day there with him till sorted , he really didn’t understand why he had to wear a mask as all were. Still in the “waiting” stage that neither picked up virus then. Not sure he would survive it to be honest. I had to comfort my mum at home, convinced she wouldn’t see him again. ( they are 91/92)
Carers uncle died of virus last week, all her family in isolation and waiting test results
The situation has stabilised as it’s just a daily routine, today for instance we spent time tidying the garden for them.
What I am finding is there are far less actual decisions to make through the day, things just flow, thankfully we are not going to struggle financially as mortgage paid off a few years ago, that’s a big relief and I feel for the younger folk with financial commitments beyond their current income.
We have a get together with nicer family members every couple of days on Zoom.
Today I beat wife at Scrabble.
Strangely I am going days at a time not even thinking about football.
I’m cooking dinner more often than before. It’s definitely a calmer lifestyle at a slower pace. Two holidays/ breaks lost so far, July, September, November and December breaks booked and in various stages of payment so uncertainty there.

That’s us!

Interested to hear a more personal account from others, how are you doing?

Phil in Northampton