Actions of Trump

If it ain't amber or ain't football then it belongs here!
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Location

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Actions of Trump

Postby pembsexile » May 17th, 2020, 6:50 am

Ok, got to offload this. On another thread the other day I spoke about the merits of democracy against other systems. I said that democracy with all its weaknesses was the best system.

I believe that it is showing its primary weakness in the USA at the moment. The actions of Trump are just indefensible. Here we have a primary narcissist who will not accept any criticism at all. I hope that this Achilles heel of his will eventually lead to his downfall.

We have seen and read of his recent outbursts and probably no need to repeat them again. However he has excelled himself just yesterday. He has no shame or care for others who do not agree with his views.

The Senior government inspector of one of his departments has been given 30 days notice to leave because he does not have the Presidents confidence. This is because he dared to investigate allegations of improper practices against his Secretary of State Pompeo. One of the allegations was that the Secretary of State got his staff to do personal/private work for him. Not allowed. I just hope the democrats follow this through and it doesn’t get consumed by partisan politics.

In a democracy we must have balances and checks against those in power. I will say, thank goodness we don’t have a Presidential system here, although Boris is ‘making a play’. (Actually I feel that Boris is doing his best but is struggling). I just feel that the Democrats and the media must follow this one right through as an abuse of power.

One idea. Why doesn’t one smart journalist pander to his Achilles heel during the regular press briefings. Tell him how wonderful he is and what a fantastic job he is doing. Then let Trump hang himself by his reaction to it. The journalist really, really needs to go ‘over the top’ on this.

I feel desperately sorry for the American people. However, it is his effect upon the rest of the world that concerns me. Whether you agree with it or not, he is the leader of the Western world. Heaven help us.
no avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

Location

The Republic of Malpas

Re: Actions of Trump

Postby UPTHEPORT » May 17th, 2020, 12:52 pm

Its all fake news :roll:

I honestly don't know why they don't Boycott news conferences because everytime a reporter asks a difficult question that's his stock reply

The bloke is a complete dick head
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Rank

Moderator

Re: Actions of Trump

Postby Willthiswork » May 17th, 2020, 7:51 pm

He's still doing a job he said he would do. He is also still quite high on the favourability reports. He will get re-elected.
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Re: Actions of Trump

Postby Percy plunkett » May 17th, 2020, 10:47 pm

UPTHEPORT wrote:Its all fake news :roll:

I honestly don't know why they don't Boycott news conferences because everytime a reporter asks a difficult question that's his stock reply

The bloke is a complete dick head

Or he ignores them and moves to the next question,if they persist he has their mic taken off them.If too many uncomfortable questions come,he will walk off or,like last week,cancel the conference all together.He surrounds himself with yes men and women,if they doubt him then they get sacked.
no avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

Location

The Republic of Malpas

Re: Actions of Trump

Postby UPTHEPORT » May 17th, 2020, 11:55 pm

Willthiswork wrote:He's still doing a job he said he would do. He is also still quite high on the favourability reports. He will get re-elected.


Ha!! OK Mr right wing

The guy knew this was coming his answer inject bleach :roll:

But I was just taking the p iss :roll:

Hes a dick head he can't accept criticism at all
no avatar
User

DeePeeNCAFC

Re: Actions of Trump

Postby DeePeeNCAFC » May 18th, 2020, 3:06 pm

I'm truly amazed no-one has considered an assassination attempt on him yet. He seems to upset, annoy, belittle and discriminate against so many American citizens, immigrants and world leaders.

I would never suggest using violence against anyone just because their views are different, or perhaps in Trump's case, ill thought through and dangerous. But he must have upset many people out there who don't have my level of tolerance.
User avatar
User

Marky

Location

Mazeglaas

Re: Actions of Trump

Postby Marky » May 22nd, 2020, 4:21 pm

At least his actions are lessened by the US being a federation, something Keir Starmer has in mind for this country.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Re: Actions of Trump

Postby Stan A. Einstein » May 28th, 2020, 10:05 pm

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Hes a dick head he can't accept criticism at all


Jim, don't tempt me like that. :grin:
User avatar
User

Lost in Willesden

Re: Actions of Trump

Postby Lost in Willesden » August 28th, 2020, 10:37 pm

Even if he gets kicked out he has for a long time damaged America (The US). The elevation of very right wing 30 Federal Judges and two Fascist Supreme Court Judges, all of which will take some retro'ing by any D Pres. He has single handily destroyed for a while the US higher Judicial system, which of course he needed to do, to create a dictatorship.

He wanted from the gate to get re-elected. That was what the first term was about. He didn't see Covid 19 coming. And re-acted like a reactionary. Now with his country in flames, he blames anybody but himself.

Why should we care. Well, Boris wants his as his Bessie. Be afraid, very.
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Location

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Re: Actions of Trump

Postby pembsexile » September 5th, 2020, 11:49 am

So, in the past week we have found out that;

1. He wouldn't attend a vets ceremony in Paris because it was raining and it would ruin his hair.
2. He has mocked US military dead calling them 'losers'.
3. Refused to condemn Putin for the Novochik poisoning of the opposition leader Navalny even though Germanty and NATO say there is overwhelming evidence that he was poisoned.
4 Advised Postal voters in Wisconsin to vote twice.

His response to all this is that it is 'fake news'.

In his own mind he is the centre of the Universe, everything revolves around him. When he loses the upcoming election I fear for the two months between early November when the election takes place and the inauguration in early/mid January. I fear he will do something rash and foolish. There may be a manufactured crisis. He just cannot accept that he is wrong.
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Rank

Moderator

Re: Actions of Trump

Postby Willthiswork » September 5th, 2020, 6:57 pm

pembsexile wrote:So, in the past week we have found out that;

1. He wouldn't attend a vets ceremony in Paris because it was raining and it would ruin his hair.
2. He has mocked US military dead calling them 'losers'.
3. Refused to condemn Putin for the Novochik poisoning of the opposition leader Navalny even though Germanty and NATO say there is overwhelming evidence that he was poisoned.
4 Advised Postal voters in Wisconsin to vote twice.

His response to all this is that it is 'fake news'.

In his own mind he is the centre of the Universe, everything revolves around him. When he loses the upcoming election I fear for the two months between early November when the election takes place and the inauguration in early/mid January. I fear he will do something rash and foolish. There may be a manufactured crisis. He just cannot accept that he is wrong.


1&2 is 'fake news', Trump is a big supporter of the US troops and they seem to support/like him to in the majority.

3 is dodgy anyway, his intelligence agency would tell him what 'facts' they have.

4 is where he was telling voters to, 'test the system' as he feels it is faulty.
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Location

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Re: Actions of Trump

Postby pembsexile » September 6th, 2020, 7:50 am

Willthiswork wrote:
pembsexile wrote:So, in the past week we have found out that;

1. He wouldn't attend a vets ceremony in Paris because it was raining and it would ruin his hair.
2. He has mocked US military dead calling them 'losers'.
3. Refused to condemn Putin for the Novochik poisoning of the opposition leader Navalny even though Germanty and NATO say there is overwhelming evidence that he was poisoned.
4 Advised Postal voters in Wisconsin to vote twice.

His response to all this is that it is 'fake news'.

In his own mind he is the centre of the Universe, everything revolves around him. When he loses the upcoming election I fear for the two months between early November when the election takes place and the inauguration in early/mid January. I fear he will do something rash and foolish. There may be a manufactured crisis. He just cannot accept that he is wrong.


1&2 is 'fake news', Trump is a big supporter of the US troops and they seem to support/like him to in the majority.

3 is dodgy anyway, his intelligence agency would tell him what 'facts' they have.

4 is where he was telling voters to, 'test the system' as he feels it is faulty.


1 and 2 is not fake news. Fake news is what Trump spouts when people say things he does not like. This story has been corroborated. It is freely available on the BBC news. They have quoted the ABC news outlet in the US who have themselves quoted people who were there and heard him say it.

As for 3, both Germany, who have the man in person, and NATO say it is true. Germany have done the tests, his intelligence agency haven’t.

4. Test the system! This is the US President ffs. Just because he doesn’t like it doesn’t make it wrong. He knows he will probably lose and is setting up excuses. It reminds me of what Sinn Fein used to say in the NI elections. Vote early and vote often.
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Location

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Re: Actions of Trump

Postby pembsexile » September 19th, 2020, 12:52 pm

It looks like the upcoming Presidential crisis in the US is about to start.

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg (Notorious RBG) has sadly died. Her place is vacant on the Supreme Court. She was a Liberal. Trump can nominate a candidate. He has appointed three already, all Conservative. There was a 5-4 conservative majority already, if he appoints another, that will be 6-3.

There will be massive political repercussions if he appoints before or even after the election if he loses. The Republicans are already being called hypocrites for changing their view on what they said before the 2016 election about the Presidential Supreme Court nomination. The fall out could last for years.
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Location

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Re: Actions of Trump

Postby pembsexile » November 21st, 2020, 8:21 am

Oh dear, oh dear. I suspected that Trump would do something foolish if and when he lost the Presidency.

We now find out that he is putting pressure on the States electors who give the electoral college votes in line with the candidate who won the most votes in each state. He wants them to overturn them in States he lost.

He cannot accept that he lost the election and his legal options appear to be running out. Hence the pressure on the state electors.

This is more that a sad day for democracy. It is downright fraud and will give ammunition to those regimes around the world who despise democracy.

This primary narcissist is a classic example of someone who just cannot accept that he is wrong and will not accept defeat under any circumstances. In his own mind, he is always right, everything has been stolen from him and just cannot be seen as a loser. It’s not just sad and pathetic, it is dangerous and an affront to democracy.
no avatar
User

mad norm

Location

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Re: Actions of Trump

Postby mad norm » November 21st, 2020, 2:10 pm

Great post that,Pembs
It is a sad reflection on a sad man
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Powered by phpBB ®