Intelligence Committee.

If it ain't amber or ain't football then it belongs here!
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Intelligence Committee.

Postby Stan A. Einstein » July 10th, 2020, 4:23 pm

That Boris the Idiot wants Chris Grayling to chair a Parliamentary Committee is absurd. But that he wants 'Failing Grayling' as he is lovingly known to all us political geeks, to chair the Intelligence Committee is beyond parody.
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Location

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Re: Intelligence Committee.

Postby pembsexile » July 10th, 2020, 5:22 pm

He might want to Brendan. He can want as much as he likes but he won’t be allowed to. Depends how much political clout he has with the committee I suppose. They are the people who appoint the Chair.
User avatar
User

Marky

Location

Mazeglaas

Re: Intelligence Committee.

Postby Marky » July 12th, 2020, 8:54 pm

Isn't he the one that spent £50m on a ferry contract to a company that had no ferries?
no avatar
User

mad norm

Location

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Re: Intelligence Committee.

Postby mad norm » July 12th, 2020, 9:02 pm

Marky wrote:Isn't he the one that spent £50m on a ferry contract to a company that had no ferries?

I don't believe in ferries any more
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Re: Intelligence Committee.

Postby Stan A. Einstein » July 14th, 2020, 3:22 pm

Marky wrote:Isn't he the one that spent £50m on a ferry contract to a company that had no ferries?


He was. He was also the idiot who banned books from prison. Ostensibly because they might be used to smuggle in drugs. So do you ban books or check them?

Oh and I know my views are somewhat to the left of most people but even for those of you who don't share my liberal sentiments a question. If whilst their banged up you further dehumanize prisoners don't you think they merely come out more angry and antisocial than they went in. And the result of that is that they commit more crime. Often ruining the lives of victims and themselves.

I really believe if Chris Grayling found himself in a vat of petrol, he's the type who'd light up a cigarette whilst he thought the problem over.
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Location

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Re: Intelligence Committee.

Postby pembsexile » July 15th, 2020, 5:19 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:That Boris the Idiot wants Chris Grayling to chair a Parliamentary Committee is absurd. But that he wants 'Failing Grayling' as he is lovingly known to all us political geeks, to chair the Intelligence Committee is beyond parody.



Brendan, you will be pleased to know that he didn’t get it. It was a coup and it went to Julian Lewis, Conservative. Him and all the opposition members voted for him. No 10 reported to be very unhappy at the outcome.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Re: Intelligence Committee.

Postby Stan A. Einstein » July 15th, 2020, 9:48 pm

pembsexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:That Boris the Idiot wants Chris Grayling to chair a Parliamentary Committee is absurd. But that he wants 'Failing Grayling' as he is lovingly known to all us political geeks, to chair the Intelligence Committee is beyond parody.



Brendan, you will be pleased to know that he didn’t get it. It was a coup and it went to Julian Lewis, Conservative. Him and all the opposition members voted for him. No 10 reported to be very unhappy at the outcome.


So much so they sacked Lewis from the Tory party. Even in the darkest night, someone always lights a candle.
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Location

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Re: Intelligence Committee.

Postby pembsexile » July 21st, 2020, 4:47 am

Well, today is the day that the Intelligence Committee publish the report on Russian interference in UK affairs. I really don’t know why they bother. The published version will be redacted and censored and there is also a confidential version for those in power, not for us plebs.

Don’t get me wrong, most intelligence information that should not be in the public domain for obvious reasons. But not to publish what your enemy is doing to undermine you seems foolish at the least and manipulative at worst. The cynic in me wonders whether it had anything to do with rich Russian Oligarchs making substantial donations to the Tory party. Surely not.

There are an awful lot of influential people in this country who have grown very rich on the back of Russian money. Who would have thought it 20 years ago. How times change. If we don’t have the nous to tell the people the truth and trust their judgement, what chance have we got with dealing with the issue. Parallels with anything local anyone?
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Re: Intelligence Committee.

Postby Stan A. Einstein » July 21st, 2020, 12:19 pm

pembsexile wrote:Well, today is the day that the Intelligence Committee publish the report on Russian interference in UK affairs. I really don’t know why they bother. The published version will be redacted and censored and there is also a confidential version for those in power, not for us plebs.

Don’t get me wrong, most intelligence information that should not be in the public domain for obvious reasons. But not to publish what your enemy is doing to undermine you seems foolish at the least and manipulative at worst. The cynic in me wonders whether it had anything to do with rich Russian Oligarchs making substantial donations to the Tory party. Surely not.

There are an awful lot of influential people in this country who have grown very rich on the back of Russian money. Who would have thought it 20 years ago. How times change. If we don’t have the nous to tell the people the truth and trust their judgement, what chance have we got with dealing with the issue. Parallels with anything local anyone?


Afternoon Mike,

Frankly damning of the Government and establishment. Like yourself I expected much less.

For obvious reasons I take the view that people prepared to take flak for asking awkward are of real importance. Whether it be for the serious, and Moscow being able to launder dirty money and murder people is serious, or not so serious and football isn't serious, more power to them.
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Location

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Re: Intelligence Committee.

Postby pembsexile » July 22nd, 2020, 12:36 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
pembsexile wrote:Well, today is the day that the Intelligence Committee publish the report on Russian interference in UK affairs. I really don’t know why they bother. The published version will be redacted and censored and there is also a confidential version for those in power, not for us plebs.

Don’t get me wrong, most intelligence information that should not be in the public domain for obvious reasons. But not to publish what your enemy is doing to undermine you seems foolish at the least and manipulative at worst. The cynic in me wonders whether it had anything to do with rich Russian Oligarchs making substantial donations to the Tory party. Surely not.

There are an awful lot of influential people in this country who have grown very rich on the back of Russian money. Who would have thought it 20 years ago. How times change. If we don’t have the nous to tell the people the truth and trust their judgement, what chance have we got with dealing with the issue. Parallels with anything local anyone?


Afternoon Mike,

Frankly damning of the Government and establishment. Like yourself I expected much less.

For obvious reasons I take the view that people prepared to take flak for asking awkward are of real importance. Whether it be for the serious, and Moscow being able to launder dirty money and murder people is serious, or not so serious and football isn't serious, more power to them.


Afternoon Brendan,

It’s the bloody hypocrisy I can’t stand. Doesn’t really matter which party it is, all Politicians are the same. I know that is a generalisation, but it is true.

In recent times they queue up to condemn MPs who took money in the allowances scandal then the same Politicians accept massive Party donations from organisations who are only doing it for influence. It stinks.

Sometimes, the press in this country belong in the gutter. The way they go about wrecking the private lives of actors, rock stars etc as in the hacking scandal is outrageous. When they go for the jugular as in the allowances scandal and expose hypocrisy, they are brilliant. More power to them.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Re: Intelligence Committee.

Postby Stan A. Einstein » July 23rd, 2020, 12:21 pm

I agree. It is dishonesty and hypocrisy which need to be exposed.

All governments since Major have taken dirty Russian money. Money stolen from the Russian people by gangsters. People like Blair and Mandelson shame the Labour party every bit as much as sleezy Tories shame the Conservatives.

Who sleeps with whom, and what they do in the privacy of their own bedrooms is of no concern of me or anyone else.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Powered by phpBB ®