Willmott

I know that this is a football forum and people have different opinions but I think we all know by now that many members think Robbie Willmott is not good enough, but do we have to be reminded all the time? I doubt if Willmott, or Abrahams, read the message board but it can't inspire much confidence if they do. At least Abrahams should have less flack now that FN3 is no longer on the MB.
Last edited by Blackandamber on January 26th, 2021, 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Willmott

Blackandamber wrote:I know that this is a football forum and people have different opinions but I think we all know by now that many members think Robbie Willmott is not good enough, but do we have to be reminded all the time? I doubt if Willmott, or Abrahams, read the message board but it can't inspire much confidence if they do. At least Abrahams should have less flack now that FN3 is no longer on the MB.
Did I miss something, why is he no longer on the forum?

papajohn wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:I know that this is a football forum and people have different opinions but I think we all know by now that many members think Robbie Willmott is not good enough, but do we have to be reminded all the time? I doubt if Willmott, or Abrahams, read the message board but it can't inspire much confidence if they do. At least Abrahams should have less flack now that FN3 is no longer on the MB.
He was removed for constantly causing trouble, hes now taken to County Chat and acting exactly the same on there

It does rather ask the question why raise the issue? It is a little like don't think of a white horse. Which of course makes you think of a white horse.

Have to say though that this is a football message board. Professional footballers live the dream most of us have, or at least had but know we'll never achieve. I tend not to be critical of players myself but nonetheless hold the view that if you are paid to perform in public, criticism of your performance by those who pay your wages goes with the territory.

daftasfxxx wrote:
papajohn wrote:
He was removed for constantly causing trouble, hes now taken to County Chat and acting exactly the same on there

What's their obsession with Twine on the County Chat ?

He's old news now and playing for another side , possibly yet another by the end of the window.
I get his value to us when he was here but he's moved on...Move on

On that subject ...MF said we put in a bid for him , Sheridan says different

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
It does rather ask the question why raise the issue? It is a little like don't think of a white horse. Which of course makes you think of a white horse.

Have to say though that this is a football message board. Professional footballers live the dream most of us have, or at least had but know we'll never achieve. I tend not to be critical of players myself but nonetheless hold the view that if you are paid to perform in public, criticism of your performance by those who pay your wages goes with the territory.
I raised the issue Brendan because it's my OPINION. My not raising the issue previously did not prevent posters from constantly bemoaning the ability of Willmott, so my raising the issue is hardly likely to make matters worse. By the way I can't get that white horse out of my head now :lol: How many races has it won?

daftasfxxx wrote:
papajohn wrote:
Constantly causing trouble. What trouble exactly? Was it his opinions? He gave his opinions and got grief for it. He usually responded. People did not like his opinions on players and /or the most recent game. He was not banned because of his opinions.

I've always liked Robbie and he's been a great player for us in the past but unfortunately I just don't feel he's up to it any more. More important than that I don't think he wants it any more. That would be my biggest issue - I see players putting their body on the line to prevent goals, to battle to win the ball for 90 minutes every week - pretty much all of the defence week in, week out. To me Robbie looks disinterested when he comes on and I think that's unfair on his team mates. Having said all of that, if I was at games and he was on the pitch of course I would support him and want him to do well but I would rather see other options tried rather than one which clearly doesn't work any more.

Blackandamber wrote:Sully34 and Collars - well argued points.
I wouldn't say argued. Collars gave a much better in depth response and I totally agree that he doesn't look up for it. I even have my doubts that he was even injured against Brighton. Mentally I'm not sure he can handle the pressure. I'd love him to be playing well, got nothing against him at all. Abrahams looks interested but hasnt got the quality.

daftasfxxx wrote:
papajohn wrote:
Mark Zuckerberg must be shitting himself.

FN3 has the destructive negativity
to bring down Facebook.

If he manages that I will gladly buy the miserable old spunker a lamb bhuna and all the Cobras he can drink.

whoareya wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:
papajohn wrote:

to bring down Facebook.

If he manages that I will gladly buy the miserable old spunker a lamb bhuna and all the Cobras he can drink.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I don’t like people being silenced whether I agree with them or not. As far as I remember he was roundly abused on here many times on the threads I read. Exactly what did he do to get a ban? Surely not for winding people up, if so this place would be empty :grin:

lowandhard wrote:
whoareya wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:
papajohn wrote:

to bring down Facebook.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I don’t like people being silenced whether I agree with them or not. As far as I remember he was roundly abused on here many times on the threads I read. Exactly what did he do to get a ban? Surely not for winding people up, if so this place would be empty :grin:
Quite agree.

Bring back Frank. Seriously, there are lots of posters on here I find irritating and difficult as this might be to believe, there is even the odd, some might say very odd, poster who is irritated by me. However whilst I like Corky very much, he and Frank having a set to on a Saturday usually left me with a smile.

And football should be fun for f@cks sake.

Football is all about opinions. Thank goodness. Does it annoy you that FN3 had an opinion about Abraham’s and said it quite often? He voiced his opinion. Rest assured though, he was not banned because of his opinions. It was something else apparently.

Just a bloody shame that for obvious reasons, he does not have the right to reply.