Re: Willmott

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
whoareya wrote:
If you knowingly and repeatedly put your head above the parapet on an UNOFFICIAL FOOTBALL FORUM, then you are likely to get shot at ie goaded.

It's what grown men tend to do to escape the tedium and reality of daily life and participate in an UNOFFICIAL FOOTBALL FORUM.
Shame sniveling little sh1ts who couldn't take being challenged took such exception that they clubbed together to get him banned.

So mate who do you think the snitches were?

:cheers:
You should go easy on snitches, you made a career out of them!

Seems to me that some people defend FN3, not because of support - but because they dislike those that took issue with his posts.

It is hypocrisy to defend his right to air an opinion, whilst objecting to other people airing their opinions of his opinions.........

As it happens, after FN3 was banished, I contacted the mods to suggest a reprieve - that being a temporary cooling-off for all (including me) drawn into the last spate of hostility.
The reply clearly detailed the reasoning for a permanent ban - spanning several points and occurrences, which is how it works.

JonD wrote:It's ironic that even from beyond the grave so to speak the spectre of FN3 continues to be omnipresent across multiple threads. He'd be made up.
He’s not actually Jon. Quite upset with what is being said tbh. Especially the mental health crap. No right of reply makes it worse.

pembsexile wrote:
JonD wrote:It's ironic that even from beyond the grave so to speak the spectre of FN3 continues to be omnipresent across multiple threads. He'd be made up.
He’s not actually Jon. Quite upset with what is being said tbh. Especially the mental health crap. No right of reply makes it worse.
Hi Mike,

It is so offensive. Not only are these people being offensive to Paul but using mental health issues, from which so many people suffer, as a term of abuse these people make me feel ashamed that I am associated with them.

whoareya wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
whoareya wrote:
If you knowingly and repeatedly put your head above the parapet on an UNOFFICIAL FOOTBALL FORUM, then you are likely to get shot at ie goaded.

It's what grown men tend to do to escape the tedium and reality of daily life and participate in an UNOFFICIAL FOOTBALL FORUM.
Shame sniveling little sh1ts who couldn't take being challenged took such exception that they clubbed together to get him banned.

So mate who do you think the snitches were?

:cheers:
You should go easy on snitches, you made a career out of them!

Seems to me that some people defend FN3, not because of support - but because they dislike those that took issue with his posts.

It is hypocrisy to defend his right to air an opinion, whilst objecting to other people airing their opinions of his opinions.........

As it happens, after FN3 was banished, I contacted the mods to suggest a reprieve - that being a temporary cooling-off for all (including me) drawn into the last spate of hostility.
The reply clearly detailed the reasoning for a permanent ban - spanning several points and occurrences, which is how it works.
Absolutely nothing wrong with airing opinions. Opinions of opinions, that is what this board is about. Well, any football board tbh. Long may it continue.

I think your key word in that post was hostility. FN3 would make a comment that would annoy a lot of people and they would disagree, myself included sometimes. Some would respond and some responded with hostility. It degenerated into a slanging match where FN3 would not back down.

The saddest saddest part of this is that for reasons Admin wrote a week or so ago, this resulted in a ban. Ffs, if people don’t like his opinions why didn’t they foe him. This suggestion has been promoted on this mb many times. It could all have been easily avoided.

I actually love the banter and disagreements on this mb. I keep out of a lot, but Saturday/Tuesday evenings, when things weren’t hostile I used to chuckle at the stupidity of it all. What did Greavsie say, ‘It’s a funny old game’. It does these things to us.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
Hi Mike,

It is so offensive. Not only are these people being offensive to Paul but using mental health issues, from which so many people suffer, as a term of abuse these people make me feel ashamed that I am associated with them.
Hi Brendan,

It is disgusting imo. He did ask me to give you his mobile no which I pm’d to you a week or so ago.

pembsexile wrote:
whoareya wrote:[

Absolutely nothing wrong with airing opinions. Opinions of opinions, that is what this board is about. Well, any football board tbh. Long may it continue.

I think your key word in that post was hostility. FN3 would make a comment that would annoy a lot of people and they would disagree, myself included sometimes. Some would respond and some responded with hostility. It degenerated into a slanging match where FN3 would not back down.

The saddest saddest part of this is that for reasons Admin wrote a week or so ago, this resulted in a ban. Ffs, if people don’t like his opinions why didn’t they foe him. This suggestion has been promoted on this mb many times. It could all have been easily avoided.

I actually love the banter and disagreements on this mb. I keep out of a lot, but Saturday/Tuesday evenings, when things weren’t hostile I used to chuckle at the stupidity of it all. What did Greavsie say, ‘It’s a funny old game’. It does these things to us.
Why should anyone revert to the foe button - should you just let opinion that you don't agree with carry on unchallenged?

Lets not forget that the hostility was a two-way street - it wasn't just a case of not backing down.

There's been several posters saying they received abusive PM's - I have no reason to dispute that, in which case that's a pretty low shot which in itself shouldn't be tolerated.
What about the supposed antics on this other forum - how many other people have got it all wrong?

MisterB wrote:@Whoareya

Just delete it, and if anyone goes over the top about it, delete them as well.

I mod and have modded many different sites and you have more patience than me for the BS in here on times.
I've only had a couple of PM's in all the time I've been on here and they were a bit random, not abusive. My presence here is cyclical - generally on wet weekends or like now - in between work contracts, whilst swerving Covidiots and doing anything to avoid mundane DIY, painting the garage doors etc.

whoareya wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
whoareya wrote:[

Why should anyone revert to the foe button - should you just let opinion that you don't agree with carry on unchallenged?

Lets not forget that the hostility was a two-way street - it wasn't just a case of not backing down.

There's been several posters saying they received abusive PM's - I have no reason to dispute that, in which case that's a pretty low shot which in itself shouldn't be tolerated.
What about the supposed antics on this other forum - how many other people have got it all wrong?
I have never reverted to the foe button as I will usually argue with a point. However, if a poster feels that another poster is causing him/her to respond with hostility (and yes, it is a two way St) then surely the foe button is the answer. Challenge by all means, but when it gets hostile and personal.....

Nobody normally wins in these types of situation. One alpha male against another. A draw is best. I think the film War Games summed it up best. The best outcome is not to play the game. The hostility game that is.

It’s all a matter of belief regarding the PM’s. FN3 tells me that he has never sent an abusive PM. I suppose it all depends upon what you mean by abusive. He never sent one to me and I disagreed with him loads of times and told him so.

Can’t answer for Facebook, I don’t do it.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:.

And football should be fun for f@cks sake.
That, for me, was the biggest blessing when I heard FN3 was banned. He literally took the fun and sensible debate out of practically every thread with his constant bickering, name-calling, arguing, omitting the facts when challenged and, dare I say it, even a degree of cyber bullying on occasion.

I'm glad he's gone and I think it will help his own mental health by getting a rest from here.
I would hope that statement is intended as well-wishing in regards to positive mental health rather than implying a mental health problem.

Jack - Admin wrote:
DeePeeNCAFC wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:.

And football should be fun for f@cks sake.
That, for me, was the biggest blessing when I heard FN3 was banned. He literally took the fun and sensible debate out of practically every thread with his constant bickering, name-calling, arguing, omitting the facts when challenged and, dare I say it, even a degree of cyber bullying on occasion.

I'm glad he's gone and I think it will help his own mental health by getting a rest from here.
I would hope that statement is intended as well-wishing in regards to positive mental health rather than implying a mental health problem.
For the sake of clarity I trust you can all accept that the paragraph I write below is entirely fictional. It's purpose merely to illustrate a point. Sadly Jack I think you're entirely missing the point; Do you genuinely believe that if I were to write the following about you it could possibly be meant kindly?

I do hope Jack your treatment for substance abuse paranoia is successful.