Re: The jab

JonD wrote:Sorry to hear that, Steve.

If it's any consolation AZ tends to cause a greater reaction with jab 1. All being well you're over the worst.
Cheers JonD,

All good today, I will book the day off for Jab 2 just in case

For what it's worth:

My first vaccine (AstraZ) was last Friday at 4pm
Woken by aching limbs and chills around 3am that night. That continued off and on for 2 days, feeling absolutely washed out. No feeling sick, no vomiting, no diarrhoea, appetite seemed okay.
Kept on feeling knackered and getting out of breath too easily for 5 more days, and only started to feel much better this afternoon.

A couple of friends have reported similar, one not getting her energy levels back to normal for 2 weeks.

Over 12 weeks now since my first Oxford jab, still waiting to hear when I am having my second. Any day now hopefully. No Ill effects at all from the first. Not worried about any complications as per the news. There is more of a risk from getting a blood clot from Covid than from the vaccine. A no brainer.

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:I’ve got my letter and having mine on Tuesday.
Going on my experience mate make sure your off for couple days after second jab

4 of the guys that I manage had to have at least one day off after they had it.
I’ve told the company I’ll be working from home at least Wednesday

Good Morning

Good to hear so many of our community are getting the jab. I don’t recall any objections to it, as I hear on the media. Is there just a small percentage that won’t have it?
Would you support a “ no jab, no entry” policy by the club?

Anyway I’m getting second AZ jab on Wednesday evening. Hopefully little after effects. However I am concerned since the first jab my upper left arm has still got some upper movement discomfort.

Phil in Northampton

Was told today that there is a time limit as to when you must receive your second Oxford jab. You must not leave it too late apparently as it loses its effectiveness. I didn’t know this. As it had been more than 12 weeks since my first jab I made some enquiries.

Heard a few hours ago that I am to receive my second Oxford jab on Friday. 8pm ffs. Bloody hell, I’m normally on my 3rd g&t by then :cheers:

Good Afternoon

I had my second jab (AZ) on Wednesday evening. nothing like the same efforts first one, was a bit tired next day and did have an hours kip at lunchtime. All in all though hardly noticeable. Hopefully will be same for others second time around!

Phil in Northampton