Re: Meanwhile at the Principality Stadium

Percy plunkett wrote:Haven’t watched a six Nations game for a while,we looked poor,short on confidence but scrapped home,a bit like AFC really.Why was Barnes asking who the line out receiver is,I thought half the battle is to bluff where it is going,that’s why the hooker shouts numbers first.
Sure the line out receiver Barnes was referring to in this instance would have been the scrum half, or player receiving the ball from the line out. It's about equal numbers in the line-out and only one player permitted outside of the line out and within 5 mtrs of the line out.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Haven’t watched a six Nations game for a while,we looked poor,short on confidence but scrapped home,a bit like AFC really.Why was Barnes asking who the line out receiver is,I thought half the battle is to bluff where it is going,that’s why the hooker shouts numbers first.
Sure the line out receiver Barnes was referring to in this instance would have been the scrum half, or player receiving the ball from the line out. It's about equal numbers in the line-out and only one player permitted outside of the line out and within 5 mtrs of the line out.
Oh right,I hadn’t heard a ref say that before,although I don’t get to watch many games as it normally clashes with us,thanks.

George Street-Bridge wrote:I watched about half and it reminded me what a poor game RU now is, with the ref needing to be in continuous dialogue with the players to tell them if they are within the rules.

Players' size and fitness mean compared with when I was a kid the pitch is in effect now too small and games just become attritional. For the commentators for obvious reasons it has turned into "spot the head injury".
Some head injuries are, I suppose, inevitable. The violent assault that resulted in the red card would result in an arrest if committed in the street.