Re: Cheltenham Festival

worksop amber wrote:
worksop amber wrote:
pembsexile wrote:Advance going now good to soft. 10mm of rain at Cheltenham overnight. I may have to rethink my selection of Silver Streak for the Champion Hurdle.
I'm already on Mike so no going back for me.
Come on wind let's dry it out
Checked back on his form and he has run a few decent races in good to soft so not unduly worried as long as it doesn't get any softer
Thanks for that mate - good to know.

Just heard that my e/w tip for the QM Chase on Wed has pulled out. Altior has a cough apparently and his trainer withdrew him this morning. Ah well......

No bets put on yet.

I do fancy Milan Native tomorrow in the 2.30 E/W
@about 7/1
William Hill paying 5 places too.
Has won at Cheltenham last year and has had 2 prep races with this race in mind and has also had a wind operation since last run.
This will be my only other bet tomorrow along with Silver Streak in the champion Hurdle
Will do an E/W double on both as well then put my winnings in the bank and live off the interest :lol: :lol:

Here we go. First bet on. Only got 8/11 for the favourite in the Supreme though. No idea at the moment what the weather is like in Cheltenham but the going is now soft, good to soft in places. My other e/w tip in the Champion Hurdle (Silver Streak) is now showing at 20/1 because of the conditions. Gonna have to reconsider that one. We’ll see.

Good Morning
I’ve just laid in bed and done my bets for today.
I don’t stake enough money to make short prices any fun or value so I look for bigger prices and at least a few quid back for a modest outlay.
My biggest bet is my fiver “free bet” from the bookies ( Honeysuckle). In the end I decided against opening any new accounts for the freebies.
Mostly £1 e/w and wife does the same, so it’s a little in house rivalry too, however it’s the same account.

Good Luck to all!

Phil in Northampton

And NOW for the MAD picks and the reason why

1-20. SOARING GLORY.....Because I used to suffer from piles
1-55. FRANCO DE PORT
2-30. DELIRE D'ESTRUVAL
3-05. JAMES DU BERLAIS
3-40. DAME DE COMPAGNIE
4-15. RIVIERE
4-50. EDEN DU HOUX. Because above 6 all have "De" "Du"" D'". ( OF course!) :mrgreen:

Finally my Cheval de jour.....SNOW LEOPARDESS 4-50 because I had Snow Knight at 50-1 in the Derby many moons ago

Be lucky everyone

Just got lucky with my first winner so that leaves me with cash up for today. I am now going for Silver Streak e/w in the Champion Hurdle. The sun is out and the going looks ok.

Also just put a double on Happy go lucky in the 14.30 with Conatista in the 15.40.

Good luck everyone.

pembsexile wrote:Just got lucky with my first winner so that leaves me with cash up for today. I am now going for Silver Streak e/w in the Champion Hurdle. The sun is out and the going looks ok.

Also just put a double on Happy go lucky in the 14.30 with Conatista in the 15.40.

Good luck everyone.
Hi Mike,
My missus is fuming the people who own the box she works are the owners of appreciate it so she would have been looking at a 3 figure tip for today. :lol: :lol:

llanwern exile wrote:
pembsexile wrote:Just got lucky with my first winner so that leaves me with cash up for today. I am now going for Silver Streak e/w in the Champion Hurdle. The sun is out and the going looks ok.

Good luck everyone.
Hi Mike,
My missus is fuming the people who own the box she works are the owners of appreciate it so she would have been looking at a 3 figure tip for today. :lol: :lol:

That is bloody annoying mate. Hope you and the Mrs can make the money up later. :grin: