Re: When the shops open

Good Afternoon

To be honest Norm, I don’t really miss the shops.
I have found on-line shopping to be very efficient.

Next day delivery on a lot of stuff too.

The large supermarkets sell pretty much everything anyway these days, including underpants!

I won’t bother with barbers again either as wife’s efforts with the scissors are good enough for me!

Cheers!

Phil in Northampton

JonD wrote:I don't really buy anything from "normal" shops.

Ironically I'm planning to take something to a shop.
I've a very old Mac that I intend dropping off at an Apple store for safe disposal.
If it’s working and you have room to store then keep hold of it! Old iMacs are fetching strong money and are collectable some of the first models are worth thousands, have a quick look on eBay before you part with it

phil_in_npton wrote:Good Afternoon

To be honest Norm, I don’t really miss the shops.
I have found on-line shopping to be very efficient.

Next day delivery on a lot of stuff too.

The large supermarkets sell pretty much everything anyway these days, including underpants!

I won’t bother with barbers again either as wife’s efforts with the scissors are good enough for me!

Cheers!

Phil in Northampton
Another one killing off the High Streets :roll: :grin:

Good Evening

Norm, if the high street was an inviting place to visit it might be different...

Car parking situation is prohibitive, shop diversity lessening as time goes on, I find no reason to “go to town” anymore.

When we come down to Newport for a match however we do wander around the shops, have a meal somewhere, possibly because it’s a different environment for us.

Town centres/the high street, have to work harder to compete for people’s disposable income than in previous years when there was no alternative.

Phil in Northampton