Happy Easter

If it ain't amber or ain't football then it belongs here!
no avatar
User

Blackandamber

Location

Cwmbran

Happy Easter

Postby Blackandamber » April 1st, 2021, 8:36 pm

no avatar
User

pembsexile

Location

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Re: Happy Easter

Postby pembsexile » April 1st, 2021, 10:27 pm

Your sentiment is admirable. However, I feel that for some, your post would be better shared on Sunday, not the day before Good Friday. We are not in Easter yet, there is no resurrection to celebrate. Tomorrow is the remembrance of a catastrophe.
no avatar
User

mad norm

Location

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Re: Happy Easter

Postby mad norm » April 2nd, 2021, 8:27 am

I for one wish BlackandAmber a peaceful and reflective Easter
I have respect for people with faith
Scoffing chocolate eggs seems bizarre
Sadly if the weather is nice people will flock. to the local beauty spots and celebrate by leaving mountains of litter
no avatar
User

Blackandamber

Location

Cwmbran

Re: Happy Easter

Postby Blackandamber » April 2nd, 2021, 8:54 am

pembsexile wrote:Your sentiment is admirable. However, I feel that for some, your post would be better shared on Sunday, not the day before Good Friday. We are not in Easter yet, there is no resurrection to celebrate. Tomorrow is the remembrance of a catastrophe.


Yes you have a good point. However Good Friday was not a catastrophe. It was something that God had planned since the Garden of Eden. Jesus, the Son of God, voluntarily took upon himself the sin of the world, by dying on the cross, that we could be set free and our relationship with God could be restored if we put our faith in Jesus. Hence today is GOOD Friday.
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Location

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Re: Happy Easter

Postby pembsexile » April 2nd, 2021, 9:38 am

Blackandamber wrote:
pembsexile wrote:Your sentiment is admirable. However, I feel that for some, your post would be better shared on Sunday, not the day before Good Friday. We are not in Easter yet, there is no resurrection to celebrate. Tomorrow is the remembrance of a catastrophe.


Yes you have a good point. However Good Friday was not a catastrophe. It was something that God had planned since the Garden of Eden. Jesus, the Son of God, voluntarily took upon himself the sin of the world, by dying on the cross, that we could be set free and our relationship with God could be restored if we put our faith in Jesus. Hence today is GOOD Friday.


Sorry, but you have missed the point. Today (in time) is definitely a catastrophe. It is only on Sunday that people are able to understand that it is not. We are not there yet.

The followers of Jesus did not know that at the time did they. Today was a disaster for them 2000 years ago. It is only with hindsight that we can see what actually occurred.

Anyway, compliments of the season to you. I am acutely aware that this is a football forum after all.
no avatar
User

Blackandamber

Location

Cwmbran

Re: Happy Easter

Postby Blackandamber » April 2nd, 2021, 10:16 am

pembsexile wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:
pembsexile wrote:Your sentiment is admirable. However, I feel that for some, your post would be better shared on Sunday, not the day before Good Friday. We are not in Easter yet, there is no resurrection to celebrate. Tomorrow is the remembrance of a catastrophe.


Yes you have a good point. However Good Friday was not a catastrophe. It was something that God had planned since the Garden of Eden. Jesus, the Son of God, voluntarily took upon himself the sin of the world, by dying on the cross, that we could be set free and our relationship with God could be restored if we put our faith in Jesus. Hence today is GOOD Friday.


Sorry, but you have missed the point. Today (in time) is definitely a catastrophe. It is only on Sunday that people are able to understand that it is not. We are not there yet.

The followers of Jesus did not know that at the time did they. Today was a disaster for them 2000 years ago. It is only with hindsight that we can see what actually occurred.

Anyway, compliments of the season to you. I am acutely aware that this is a football forum after all.


Yes you are right, Jesus' disciples didn't fully understand what was happening, although Jesus did tell them. May you have a blessed Easter.
no avatar
User

OLDCROMWELLIAN

Location

TrefGruffydd

Re: Happy Easter

Postby OLDCROMWELLIAN » April 4th, 2021, 6:13 am

Pasg hapus i bawb. Happy Easter to all.
Are we starting to see the resurrection of the return to something approaching a post-covid normality?
no avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

Location

The Republic of Malpas

Re: Happy Easter

Postby UPTHEPORT » April 4th, 2021, 7:20 am

Happy Easter everyone

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Powered by phpBB ®