Re: RIP PRINCE PHILIP

Never ceases to amaze me how the media manage to brainwash so many of the British population into believing what wonderfully people the royal family are; and telling us what we are all thinking that we are all mourning his death.
It's utter nonsense in my view. I'll decide for myself what I think and whose death I shall mourn
Fed up with all the platitudes already.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:Saturday's games will be moved to avoid clashing with the funeral. Not entirely sure why - it seems perfectly reasonable to allow people to decide which they want to watch or listen to. If people want to mourn, I fully respect their right to do so, but it's not sane or reasonable to expect that everyone will want to.
Precisely my point. Why when it comes to British royalty, do the media in particular believe they have the right to tell us what we are all thinking and want to do.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Kairdiff Exile wrote:Saturday's games will be moved to avoid clashing with the funeral. Not entirely sure why - it seems perfectly reasonable to allow people to decide which they want to watch or listen to. If people want to mourn, I fully respect their right to do so, but it's not sane or reasonable to expect that everyone will want to.
Precisely my point. Why when it comes to British royalty, do the media in particular believe they have the right to tell us what we are all thinking and want to do.
We've been lucky the queen's rein has been so long we ain't use to the protocol when a senior royal dies

When the Queen finally passes away it will be even bigger