Why don't we...

Send a player to take coaching lessons within schools on a regular basis (something the dragons do very well), good for players undertaking coaching badges and the like.

charge less for children

encourage families to visit with saver tickets

have a family section

use the rodney parade space to have a family fun day / youth day with activities and the like to entice families to RP and embrace the football club.

lower the price of the season ticket

include actual incentives for getting a season ticket in the first place

modernise the clubshob to deal with an internet ordering system.

Create schemes to make games more easily accessible and affordable for local youth groups / community outreach outfits to come along.

Work closer with community outreach outfits to see if there's any social programmes that we as a club could champion or endorse to better the image of the football club.

Advertise our merchandise / games to people who aren't fans already, outside the box thinking and all that. Not depending on current fans (unpaid volunteers) to flyer their local workplaces or where-ever. No good blaming what fans we already have for low attendances, one finger pointing outwards and three pointing back.

Training / volunteer schemes for young volunteers, giving employability skills to young unemployed.

Regular charity partnerships with local and national charities.

Or not...

Re: Why don't we...

Tony Soprano wrote:Absolutely spot on Jack, have you suggested this to the club? as they're the people that need to be doing these things mate, I amongst others have been banging on about these things for ages now but nothing seems to be in the pipeline.
And all my consultancy for free to a good home! I think my suggestions would fall on deaf ears and catch some board level red-tape most probably. Too much expectation for volunteers to do it all back in the day and now there's a void of pro-activeness in the matters and suggestions posted above even when we have paid individuals to do so (can I have a job?), I've little faith much would change.

Good ideas, apart from my most dreaded two words ; " Family Section".
When a ground operates at or near its capacity (like Loftus Rd e.g), "Family Section" is a nightmare. I have lost count of the times I've missed out on tickets because the only seats left were in the Family Section.
It's Ok as we are, but if we stay with our football capacity restricted to 5500, if we hit that figure regularly, we'd end up with so many full paying adults missing out, with a half full Family Section, withose who occupy it paying way under the odds.
You could end up with half an empty block in the Hazell, but adults unable to buy.
I believe they actually cost a club money under the wrong circumstances.
They're Ok in half empty stadia though.

newgroundrodney wrote:Good ideas, apart from my most dreaded two words ; " Family Section".
When a ground operates at or near its capacity (like Loftus Rd e.g), "Family Section" is a nightmare. I have lost count of the times I've missed out on tickets because the only seats left were in the Family Section.
It's Ok as we are, but if we stay with our football capacity restricted to 5500, if we hit that figure regularly, we'd end up with so many full paying adults missing out, with a half full Family Section, withose who occupy it paying way under the odds.
You could end up with half an empty block in the Hazell, but adults unable to buy.
We are in a half empty stadium though :?
I see no problem having a family section, plenty of room for one.

newgroundrodney wrote:Good ideas, apart from my most dreaded two words ; " Family Section".
How many families do you see over RP? I could count them on one hand the last game I went to...

See the bigger picture newground, it's not about eventual minor discomforts you may encounter but about who we need to attract as a consumer now, how families will add to the attendance, which adds to the revenue. Families spend on merchandise, which adds visibility in the community. Word of mouth advertising (TOTALLY FREE!) is a biggie too, if one family endorses the experience, more are likely to follow.

The list goes on and on and on and on.

Common sense and basic business know-how.

A good starting point is the academy kids from under 10's upwards who all have a season ticket is that they alter the training days from Tuesday's and Saturdays or the training times which when we are at home they can never watch the first team as their training or playing games. We've got to try and get them to games with their families as they are part of the club so why don't we try to embrace them .

I cannot for the life of me see why we are not doing this it's so basic . Their part of Newport county so let's make them feel like it . I understand we have games away from home but when we havnt let's get them over there .

Utc

My personal view is that whilst we should always strive for improvement Norman and the county in the community programme have done an incredible job. I have never seen so many kids and families at the club. I also am pretty sure a lot of what has been suggested on this thread is already implemented, but I may wrong,

Jackorias wrote:Send a player to take coaching lessons within schools on a regular basis (something the dragons do very well), good for players undertaking coaching badges and the like.

charge less for children

have a family section

use the rodney parade space to have a family fun day / youth day with activities and the like to entice families to RP and embrace the football club.

Create schemes to make games more easily accessible and affordable for local youth groups / community outreach outfits to come along.

Work closer with community outreach outfits to see if there's any social programmes that we as a club could champion or endorse to better the image of the football club.

Advertise our merchandise / games to people who aren't fans already, outside the box thinking and all that. Not depending on current fans (unpaid volunteers) to flyer their local workplaces or where-ever. No good blaming what fans we already have for low attendances, one finger pointing outwards and three pointing back.

Training / volunteer schemes for young volunteers, giving employability skills to young unemployed.

Or not...
I think we already do at least eight out of the thirteen you listed

daftasfxxx wrote:
Jackorias wrote:Send a player to take coaching lessons within schools on a regular basis (something the dragons do very well), good for players undertaking coaching badges and the like.

charge less for children

have a family section

Or not...
I think we already do at least eight out of the thirteen you listed
This was posted about 5 years ago.