Re: FL2 2017/18 Away Attendances

plantpot wrote:
ref23 wrote:
plantpot wrote:Pne offer 5700 bolton 4800
Ipswich 5000 barnsley 4700 sheff weds 4000 all approx
Yes i think you are correct.
But prices are higher in the championship for away fans.
Great stuff, especially seeing as attendances win prizes (as the last 15 years or so demonstrate).
We are the champions champions of europe will echo around rodney parade when we are losing 1-0 lol
But you're not Champions of Europe, and never have been? I don't think two Fairs Cup wins before 1972 put you very high on the Euro winners scale either, and it's been 14 years since you even qualified.

In fact since the start of the 1980s Newport County have got to one European quarter-final, Leeds two.

plantpot wrote:1975 in our eyes we won the european cup.
Its now proven the ref was paid off.
Thats why we declare ourselves
Waccoe
UEFA don't agree, and it's their competition.

Plus who's to say Leeds didn't buy off a ref on the way to the final too? They certainly didn't mind kicking two of the Bayern players out of the match before there were any dodgy decisions.

SJG99 wrote:
plantpot wrote:1975 in our eyes we won the european cup.
Its now proven the ref was paid off.
Thats why we declare ourselves
Waccoe
UEFA don't agree, and it's their competition.

Plus who's to say Leeds didn't buy off a ref on the way to the final too? They certainly didn't mind kicking two of the Bayern players out of the match before there were any dodgy decisions.

faerun exile wrote:
faerun exile wrote:Stevenage 464
Crewe 354
Coventry 908
Exeter 343
Morecambe 157
Crawley 75
Luton 296
FGR 815
Notts C 341
Accrington 183
Swindon 880
Cambridge 143
Wycombe 261
Cheltnum 916

Total: 6,136 Av: 438
So currently, some 14.5% or so of our average home fans travel away.
Interesting. How does it compare to other teams I wonder..... say Swindon for example?...Yeovil?...Cheltenham?

Nineteen Eighty wrote:Why is Newport second from bottom of the visited ground ? Is it still a relic of our previous bad pitch ? Is it poor hospitality ? Or is it the English think they need a passport to get here. No logic really. Or am I missing something.
Geography seems to be the main factor - aside from Lincoln and Forest Green which are both newly promoted and therefore a bit more interesting for most people, the top visited sides are midlands or London teams, then the next ones are slightly less central (eg Swindon, Luton, Crewe), then finally the geographical outliers like us in the west, Morecambe and Carlisle in the north-west, Grimsby in the north-east, Colchester in the east, Crawley in the SE and Exeter in the south west.