Re: Do we use the FA Cup money

Good post this one and good sensible debate too, just what the message should be for.
I'm with Stan on this one, my main wish would be to enable us to have enough clout to sit around the table with the council and the WRU and put forward a proper ground part ownership to push us forward for the for-seeable.
I would also use some of it to sort the ticketing - shop both on line and physical - side of things as a priority.
If we had anything left then help for some players for next season is good, but only to back Flynns, judgement.
As the boy at Cheltenham shows (class act that kid signed from Greenwich way) and Washington for us etc, there are some proper diamonds in the rough out there for cheap.
But even if we don't make the play offs at least we will be more stable for next season. But it's not over yet. Let's see.
UTC

mark oh wrote:lets pay all our bills,see where we are and throw some funds to the academy,without the academy we wouldn't have the windfalls weve got used too
Agree with that. Incidentally, the fire at Spytty seems to be getting “ bigged up “ as one of the items for spending the windfall - surely that was covered by insurance? As regards bills, anyone know roughly what we owe and to whom? Like the NCFC Hippy I’d like us to pursue some joint initiatives with the WRU as I think we need to show some commitment to RP if it’s going to be our long term home.

lowandhard wrote:
mark oh wrote:lets pay all our bills,see where we are and throw some funds to the academy,without the academy we wouldn't have the windfalls weve got used too
Agree with that. Incidentally, the fire at Spytty seems to be getting “ bigged up “ as one of the items for spending the windfall - surely that was covered by insurance? As regards bills, anyone know roughly what we owe and to whom? Like the NCFC Hippy I’d like us to pursue some joint initiatives with the WRU as I think we need to show some commitment to RP if it’s going to be our long term home.
The amount of times that keeps getting brought up you'd think the place burnt to the ground.

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Amberexile wrote:6 points off the playoffs but a combination of a weak attack and poor pitch will make it difficult to bridge that gap.

The pitch IMO is fine especially with three teams playing on it you wont get any better than that

Only Newport RFC on it this weekend but we've got 5 home games in March and not sure if Dragons or RFC playing home during March as that pitch will be severely tested