Re: Serious Topic Now....Not a gut reaction

The Cat wrote:The answer is yes trust him. Are you seriously suggesting he should be sacked?
Sorry, but that is ridiculous. He's an inexperienced manager who hasn't hit too many walls as yet, and deserves (and I'm sure will get) time to learn and develop.

No I havent said sack him but questions must be asked as to why he has signed 5 players but wont use any of them?
He wont play Sheehan because he says he is not fit but brings in a player from cheerleading duties and plays him straight away ???

neilcork68 wrote:
The Cat wrote:The answer is yes trust him. Are you seriously suggesting he should be sacked?
Sorry, but that is ridiculous. He's an inexperienced manager who hasn't hit too many walls as yet, and deserves (and I'm sure will get) time to learn and develop.

No I havent said sack him but questions must be asked as to why he has signed 5 players but wont use any of them?
He wont play Sheehan because he says he is not fit but brings in a player from cheerleading duties and plays him straight away ???
To be fair if sheehan was fit we would have no chance of permanently signing him. This signing was always with an eye on next season.

neilcork68 wrote:

Well if he's still here then he has to have a say on transfers in my opinion. I agree his January signings aren't great (Sheehan may be eventually) but I think he's learning on the job. Lennie Lawrence must be a big help and hopefully in the summer he can bring players in who take us up a level. All in all this season has been much better than anyone could have predicted.

neilcork68 wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:Right in your element now ain't you corky boy, dont hear a fkin word off you when we're winning

Just asking the questions

He has signed 5 players but wont play them.....Why ?????

My view is he's signed them with a view to looking at them for next year as they are clearly not fit. He also signed them before the cup run which has accentuated the lack of depth in the squad and he's probably come unstuck with it, just a learning curve.

The players are mentally and physically drained, no wonder Mark Cooper was so enraged.

Spiderman wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:Right in your element now ain't you corky boy, dont hear a fkin word off you when we're winning

Just asking the questions

He has signed 5 players but wont play them.....Why ?????

My view is he's signed them with a view to looking at them for next year as they are clearly not fit. He also signed them before the cup run which has accentuated the lack of depth in the squad and he's probably come unstuck with it, just a learning curve.

The players are mentally and physically drained, no wonder Mark Cooper was so enraged.
Apart from Sheehan why would any of them not be fit.
Ludicrous to sign unfit players albeit on loan for some.
To be honest none of them so far have impressed.
Total waste of effort.
Flynny clearly thinks none are up to it apart from Sheehan for a few more games down the line.
The rest a waste of space and finance.
Likewise he wont play Jahrahldo or Jazzi so we are stuck with the same limited selection possibly until the end of the season.
Bottom half looms by the game.

neilcork68 wrote: What I am getting at is can we trust MF to spend this seasons FA Cup windfall on building a squad for next season given the signings he has made so far ????
Hell yeah, give him as much as we can budget for during the summer.

Without Flynny we wouldn't have stayed up last season and wouldn't have had a cup run this season.

In fact, we possibly may have ceased trading by now without him.

Corpa Tuncay wrote:
neilcork68 wrote: What I am getting at is can we trust MF to spend this seasons FA Cup windfall on building a squad for next season given the signings he has made so far ????

Without Flynny we wouldn't have stayed up last season and wouldn't have had a cup run this season.

Nobody can be above criticism.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Corpa Tuncay wrote:

Nobody can be above criticism.
Some people have short memories.

May I make the suggestion that Flynn may not have recently seen the five players before signing them. It's possible all were signed on previous reputations and not enough was done to find out how fit or how good they were playing immediately prior to signing them.

But all signings are a gamble, Sheehan may never be the player he was prior to injury - there are enough instances of that littering the annals of football. Hayes could have slowed as he ages and Osadabie may have not been training hard thus far this season because he perceived his face didn't fit at Cambridge. Reid may have been "bigged up" by Swansea in order for a trial at "mens football" to happen and perhaps Flynn didn't feel he needed to see Collins as he was familiar with his "past work" at County.

It is curious that Flynn signs these 5 and then doesn't use them. But the poor performance and result v Mansfield could lead to changes in match-day personnel. Apart for the home draw with Spurs what I have seen of County since the Leeds victory hasn't been right. Changes are overdue...

wattsville_boy wrote:May I make the suggestion that Flynn may not have recently seen the five players before signing them. It's possible all were signed on previous reputations and not enough was done to find out how fit or how good they were playing immediately prior to signing them.

But all signings are a gamble, Sheehan may never be the player he was prior to injury - there are enough instances of that littering the annals of football. Hayes could have slowed as he ages and Osadabie may have not been training hard thus far this season because he perceived his face didn't fit at Cambridge. Reid may have been "bigged up" by Swansea in order for a trial at "mens football" to happen and perhaps Flynn didn't feel he needed to see Collins as he was familiar with his "past work" at County.

It is curious that Flynn signs these 5 and then doesn't use them. But the poor performance and result v Mansfield could lead to changes in match-day personnel. Apart for the home draw with Spurs what I have seen of County since the Leeds victory hasn't been right. Changes are overdue...
Its pretty outrageous that if true we signed all these players without seeing them play on previous reputations.
In all honesty I hope that is not a fact.
I got slammed on here when I said Hayes was a journeyman maybe over the hill, poor scoring record and injury prone.
Guess what hardly kicked a ball and he is injured again
Sheehan just doesn't look the part so did he deceive in a crap team last year.
Just look at Samuel our star player last year who cannot get a kick at Stevenage now.
Reid looked totally lost when he came on as did Osadebe.
Collins is like TOE not up to it.
Flynny has bombed out Jazzi, Williams and Jahrahldo without giving them a chance this season.
He needs to learn by his mistakes.
Everyone is praising Lennie but what is he actually bringing to the table, not a lot in our recent league matches it seems.
Flynny is still learning.
Lennie is way past that stage.