Re: Serious Topic Now....Not a gut reaction

Willthiswork wrote:Christ on a bike!

Is there really anyone who supports County that wouldn't take our season so far if it was offered at the beginning?

We are exceeding our expectations.

Rome wasn't built in a day.
But it sure came tumbling down.
Just listen to the few that actually went Willthis.
That's 3 on a bounce and all poor perfomances away.

Change second paragraph to we WERE

Harps62 wrote:

Is there really anyone who supports County that wouldn't take our season so far if it was offered at the beginning?

Yes its three on the bounce but all three against quality sides. No shame in that.
Yes we were very poor last night but Mansfield were excellent, make no mistake about that.
The reason a lot of you are so pissed off is because you thought we'd get play offs or even automatic promotion and the only reason you thought that was because of Flynny and practically the same side.
I've said numerous times that I believe we have been punching above our weight and we will stay up comfortably. Unless we go on a Feeney style run of about 10 defeats in a row there's nowt to worry about.
Back the boys, back Flynny, we went through a poor patch earlier and people were worried then, we got out of it, we'll do so again..

Back to the actual subject though, on paper Flynnys Jan signings look ok, but, for some reason he's not happy to play them..

Exile 1976 wrote:
Harps62 wrote:

Yes its three on the bounce but all three against quality sides. No shame in that.
Yes we were very poor last night but Mansfield were excellent, make no mistake about that.
The reason a lot of you are so pissed off is because you thought we'd get play offs or even automatic promotion and the only reason you thought that was because of Flynny and practically the same side.
I've said numerous times that I believe we have been punching above our weight and we will stay up comfortably. Unless we go on a Feeney style run of about 10 defeats in a row there's nowt to worry about.
Back the boys, back Flynny, we went through a poor patch earlier and people were worried then, we got out of it, we'll do so again..

Back to the actual subject though, on paper Flynnys Jan signings look ok, but, for some reason he's not happy to play them..

Its a good question though why bother signing them looks at the moment it was just for numbers

SULLY34 wrote:Regards to Collins, I have been told thst he's not performing well in training. Flynny also said a couple of weeks back that he had a poor reserve game too. Hayes should've started by now and after Osadebe's impressive debut, he too should've had a look in.

I agree. Heard Collins has been poor in training but also that he's carrying a bit of an injury.

Also, Sheehan not getting a look in but Marlon gets minutes.

I'd like to see a midfield 3 of Labadie, Sheehan & Osadebe.

SULLY34 wrote:Regards to Collins, I have been told thst he's not performing well in training. Flynny also said a couple of weeks back that he had a poor reserve game too. Hayes should've started by now and after Osadebe's impressive debut, he too should've had a look in.
Sully.
Problem is Hayes is injured again.
Thought Osadebe was okay
Reid was terrible in his debut albeit out of position

I’m pissed off about last night, but only due to the total inept performance, and in some cases (most actually), complete lack of effort.

Most of the defence/midfield arguing/bitching amongst themselves, so many shithouse tackles! I too think we have punched above our weight this season, I too think we have exceeded expectations this season, but that cannot excuse the complete shit I had to endure last night.

Yeah Mansfield looked good, but I think most teams would have last night. We were woeful.

George Street-Bridge wrote:I haven't been to a game since Leeds, but nearly all the signings (not sure how much Collins played for Maidstone) are very short of proper competitive game time. As are our own fringe players because, ironically, the core starting line-up has done so well until he last three away games.
No different to any other team.

All have fringe players but they are all full time so if they are not fit something wrong.

Pretty sure Flynny does not get involved in the training either.

Fair comment no competitive game time but like Reid at Colchester blowing up.

Its not good.

Harps62 wrote: Pretty sure Flynny does not get involved in the training either.
Really?
Fair comment no competitive game time but like Reid at Colchester blowing up. Its not good.
Trouble is Reid has only ever been in academy and age-group football at Arsenal, Man Utd and Swansea. Not counting the Paint Pot, by the time he signed for us he had got to age 20 and never had a chance to develop that hardened competitive edge L2 demands.

Lucky Mascot 2 wrote:Given the better position in the league, cup run, victory against leeds, draw against spurs, trip to wembley, extra money etc seems some of the keyboard warriors/moaners have been suffering withdrawl symptoms.
I think Flynny et al have performed miracles.
I agree he's done well but can't see a problem with debating what's gone wrong lately his Jan signings is imo a cause for concern

George Street-Bridge wrote:
Harps62 wrote: Pretty sure Flynny does not get involved in the training either.
Really?
Fair comment no competitive game time but like Reid at Colchester blowing up. Its not good.
Trouble is Reid has only ever been in academy and age-group football at Arsenal, Man Utd and Swansea. Not counting the Paint Pot, by the time he signed for us he had got to age 20 and never had a chance to develop that hardened competitive edge L2 demands.
Regarding your first comment

Yes
Wayne takes the training.
I do know things
That's not a secret by the way
Cheers

Who is this Top scout and head of player recruitment.
That news passed me by?
Think finishing better than last season is a totally negative view.
Flynny wants to go up but appreciate he is still learning but what is Lennie employed to do.
Assume give him ideas on changing the team around and trying different tactics.
Not working currently as we see.