OUR FORM under Mike Flynn (44 games - stats)....

Chin up guys, c'mon, football can be a bit shit on times, but hey, it's OK, the sun will still rise tomorrow.

For now, for the penultimate time, I'm pleased to announce Mike Flynn's performance figures, for LEAGUE games since taking over.
(Look out for my last edition of stats after match number 46)

PLAYED............................................44
WON.................................................19
DRAWN.............................................11
LOST.................................................14
Goals FOR........................................54
Goals AGAINST................................59
Goal DIFF.........................................(-5)
POINTS.............................................68

Points per game = 1.5454 x 46 = 71 pts for a full season

Win percentage = 43.2%

Percentage of available
points collected................................68 pts from a possible 132 = 51.5%

Highest winning margin........................................4 goals ( one occasion )
Highest margin of defeat......................................5 goals ( two occasions )
Home wins...........................................................10
Away wins.............................................................9
Home draws..........................................................7
Away draws...........................................................4
Home defeats........................................................3
Away defeats........................................................11
Games since a win................................................4
Games since a defeat...........................................0
Games since a draw..............................................3
Clean sheets.........................................................13 ( 8 home, 5 away )
Games we've failed to score in..............................7
Goalless draws......................................................2 ( both at home )
Longest winning run...............................................3
Longest run of draws..............................................2 ( on two occasions )
Longest losing run..................................................3
Back-to-back wins..................................................5 occasions
Three wins on the bounce......................................2 occasions ( 2 home, 1 away each time)

Based on all other teams' form so far, as it stands, we're on track to finish 12th on 66 pts..... 11 pts short of Play-Offs......28pts clear of relegation.

We have dropped 6 places in 5 months, and just 1 place since Boxing Day.

Currently: 85 pts are required for automatic promotion..... 77 pts are required to occupy the lowest Play-Off place..... 39 pts are required to avoid relegation.

Thank you for reading.
NGR

Re: OUR FORM under Mike Flynn (44 games - stats)....

UPTHEPORT wrote:In fairness mate if thats the case at the end of the season most of us in August whould have bit your hand off for that
Exactly.
When Mark O'Brien's goal hit the net and we stayed in the League with one minute to spare, if someone would have grabbed me then, and said, "Quick decision, next season, mid table, no relegation battle, good cup run, lots of money, trip to Wembley, on TV frequently...yes or no?"
I know what I would have said!

Re: OUR FORM under Mike Flynn (44 games - stats)....

I don't think anyone would argue with the posts above - this has been a successful season by anyone's standards, both off and on the pitch.

The cup run was great, but knocked the stuffing out of our season for a variety of reasons. I have a theory that a good cup run can galvanise a really good team, but can exhaust an average / poor one. We're a workaday side who've played better than its individual components, but the table doesn't lie and we have our weaknesses. As such, it's no surprise that the exigencies of games against Leeds and Spurs (twice!) and the distraction of Wembley took their toll.

I never thought the playoffs were possible this season, and I certainly don't think they are now. But what Flynn and the players have to do is stop the rot of the last few league games and finish strongly so we don't have a hangover into next season. I have no doubt they'll do so.