Agents have ruined our game

Maybe repeating myself but to me it seems these faceless characters are screwing the club's and fans without conscience..
Pushing bog standard journeymen as long as there is a £% for them
At this level of football we need players who are proud to play for the 'port not a bunch of chancers.
Clearly we have talent, but no good unless there is passion for the club

Re: Agents have ruined our game

Hold on, we've barely changed the starting side since the last transfer window, we can't complain on one hand that we're stale and need to change things because we haven't done, and on the other that new players at the club (who've not had a chance one way or another yet) are a bad thing...

Also, no-one HAS to take on players, with or without agents pushing them.

Re: Agents have ruined our game

mad norm wrote::grin:
Perhaps chancers the wrong choice of word but I find it difficult to understand the commitment after that brilliant effort against Leeds and Spurs at Rodders
In fairness to you mate, I think what you’re saying (understandably) after Tuesday is how on earth did the side that performed so well v Spurs produce such a sh!t performance - and you are entitled to question that. Has anything happened between Wembley and Tuesday to demotivate them?

Otherwise, have we flattered to deceive? My opinion is that we are far from a playoff team because we have no midfield apart from Labadie ( the only one there who tackles ) Dolan and Wilmott largely non-combatant and Tozer inconsistent. This puts a lot of pressure on the defence and has done all season when we have so often been in retreat mode when trying to hang on to a lead. In addition imho we pose very little threat at the front, only Amond looks like a finisher in the team that usually starts. McCoulsky knows where the goal is but doesn’t appear to be a 90 minuter.

I like Flynny but many are doubtful about the lack of rotation and the wisdom of the recent signings. He’s learning on the job but like most of us I think after the miracle he pulled off last year, he deserves a bit of slack.

To sum up, we’re a mid-table side at best imho and have been found out. That doesn’t entirely answer Norm’s concerns though and I really do wonder if there’s something off-field that catalysed that Tuesday nightmare.