Re: He wont ....but

Exile 1976 wrote:Forget about Jazzi, he hasn't played any meaningful football for such a long time , why would anyone think he'd do better than the players we already have?
He went to Connie on loan for a month or two, barely did anything there and wasn't asked back & seemingly no one else interested in him.
Played every game for Torquay never got subbed.
He unfortunately got a red card towards the end of his loan
Who said he was not asked back?
Was the only player getting picked.
Mary, Klukowsli and the ex Bristol Rovers lad all out of the team

Harps62 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Forget about Jazzi, he hasn't played any meaningful football for such a long time , why would anyone think he'd do better than the players we already have?
He went to Connie on loan for a month or two, barely did anything there and wasn't asked back & seemingly no one else interested in him.
And Torquay are struggling to avoid relegation.

Harps62 wrote:

I'm going on the words of a couple of Torquay ST holders whose words were 'he's alright' ...
Ok so I don't have proof he wasn't asked back but it's an educated guess as he's still here, nowhere near the first team and we were told by Flynny that no teams came in for any of our players

I'd be inclined to think that if he was here and not in the team in the last 3 months of last season then he's not going to be close to playing this season, when we're better by all accounts. Even some players who did well last season can't (or couldn't) get a game.

Cornish Exile wrote:
Harps62 wrote:
And Torquay are struggling to avoid relegation.
All down to Jazzi of course. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Exile 1976 wrote:
Harps62 wrote:

I'm going on the words of a couple of Torquay ST holders whose words were 'he's alright' ...
Ok so I don't have proof he wasn't asked back but it's an educated guess as he's still here, nowhere near the first team and we were told by Flynny that no teams came in for any of our players
Think its just Flynny being stubborn and sticking to his original thought that Jazzi was not worth a place in the squad.
Similarly to Aaron going to Brackley and doing what Flynny said score a load of goals but didn't matter still not wanted.
Face don't fit you have had it.
Remember Twumasi one bad game and never seen again by Sheridan.

SJG99 wrote:I'd be inclined to think that if he was here and not in the team in the last 3 months of last season then he's not going to be close to playing this season, when we're better by all accounts. Even some players who did well last season can't (or couldn't) get a game.
Who are they then?

Harps62 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Harps62 wrote: Played every game for Torquay never got subbed.

Think its just Flynny being stubborn and sticking to his original thought that Jazzi was not worth a place in the squad.
Similarly to Aaron going to Brackley and doing what Flynny said score a load of goals but didn't matter still not wanted.
Face don't fit you have had it.
Remember Twumasi one bad game and never seen again by Sheridan.

I don't think Flynny's being stubborn, he would be VERY stupid if he was & if he thought JBB could do a job for us.
Only rumours but apparently he's not exactly an enthusiastic trainer.
I remember GW being manager and I was in hospitality, someone asked why JBB wasn't playing and he said "have you seen him training? If so, you have your answer"
Flynny didn't want to re-sign him but JBB took up his option of the extra year...

Harps62 wrote:
SJG99 wrote:I'd be inclined to think that if he was here and not in the team in the last 3 months of last season then he's not going to be close to playing this season, when we're better by all accounts. Even some players who did well last season can't (or couldn't) get a game.
Who are they then?
O'Brien, Owen-Evans and Rigg. I'd add Sheehan to the list but there's no knowing what the injury might have done.

O' Brien
You are joking been first team squad but various injuries this season

TOE
Never been up to it possibly never will

Rigg
Other things on his mind basically not interested

Sheehan
Think you are winding us up as recovering from long term injury

Harps62 wrote:O' Brien
You are joking been first team squad but various injuries this season

TOE
Never been up to it possibly never will

Rigg
Other things on his mind basically not interested

Sheehan
Think you are winding us up as recovering from long term injury
Nevertheless, all better and more involved than Jazzi last season and not getting a game this, which was the point.

Your response re: Sheehan suggests you didn't actually read the post before replying. :shock:

And FWIW Owen-Evans was very good in some games in the final third of last season (including the Crewe match which started it all) and deserves better than he's got this season. He was also decent at Cheltenham and very good at Southend this season the two times I've seen him (of 4 non-Checkatrade matches he's featured in) the only time he's had a chance this season. I think he's good enough already as a "shuttler" playing box to box and in possession and has the potential to get even better, but he needs a run of games like some of his rivals for the position have had.