Re: Cant get relegated Cant get promoted

neilcork68 wrote:No chance of it but we have more chance of being relegated than reaching the play offs unless MF sees the errors of his ways and stops playing his ' favourites'
Absolutely, categorically untrue. We currently have a 5.75% chance of the playoffs http://www.sportsclubstats.com/England/LeagueTwo.html and under a 1% chance of even finishing in the bottom 7, never mind the bottom 2, for which the chance is 0.0581%.

In fact even if we lose all the remaining matches there's still less chance of getting relegated (5.3%) than there is of us making the playoffs at this moment (http://www.sportsclubstats.com/England/ ... ounty.html)

So under the assumption that we can't do worse than losing all of our remaining matches, that kind of kills your argument that "playing favourites" or not makes any difference to our chances of relegation. Especially bearing in mind that we could have won the game today with the chances created with "the favourites" on the pitch.

UPTHEPORT wrote:Its just a thread to go along to end of season who can stay up who can go up Mathematically and today only lewtun are safe :roll:
Yeh, nice one Jim. I get your point. I'll be delighted when the County are on here as when mathematically we cannot get relegated. I hope our inclusion on here for when we can no longer make the play offs is a long way off though.

UPTHEPORT wrote:Its just a thread to go along to end of season who can stay up who can go up Mathematically and today only lewtun are safe :roll:
I know the odds on relegation are long but the sooner we join them the better. We have a powder puff attack , without Labadie a non-existent ( and admittedly bypassed ) midfield , and up until the last two games an increasingly beleaguered defence. From anticipating a grandstand finish we are being moved to a position for wishing for the summer, what a waste!

lowandhard wrote:
I know the odds on relegation are long but the sooner we join them the better. We have a powder puff attack , without Labadie a non-existent ( and admittedly bypassed ) midfield , and up until the last two games an increasingly beleaguered defence. From anticipating a grandstand finish we are being moved to a position for wishing for the summer, what a waste!

It was a ' tongue in cheek' remark from me about having more chance of relegation than promotion because of the very reasons you have stated.
All the talk from the manager and players in the last few weeks has been that , ' all talk ' .
Our performances lately are that of a team where most of the players are already ' on the beach '. I believe MF has probably already decided on who most of the players he is keeping for next season ( League 2 ) and some are playing as though they know they won't be here. Others are also playing knowing they already have a contract in the bag as well..,..