Is Flynn morphing into Feeney.

Played some great stuff to begin - Hayes & Podge looked excellent together and then the wrong substitutions.

The Cambridge lad looked like he'd won the appearance in a supporters draw and just ran around in midfield watching play. Dolan was obviously buggered - he always looks like he's been on the Danny Crow diet, and yet Flynny couldn't see that we were being tottaly over run in midfield.

We also missed far too many chances to bury the game.

When we play well I enjoy it. The frustration is being able to see what is wrong from the sidelines but somehow our management can't ??

Re: Is Flynn morphing into Feeney.

I have been a bit critical of Flynny's substitutions this season but he didn't really have much of a choice with his subs last night, (with the obvious exception, that for reasons unknown to anyone except Flynny, bringing Jackson on instead of McCoulsky) OB & Hayes had to come off injured, and in my opinion, putting Tozer into the back and bringing on Osadebe was the right choice.
The only other thing was I think Sheehan could have come on sooner.

It will hopefully all be sorted when Labs comes back next game.
Will have to be back 4 though as Tozer needed in midfield with Labs.
Scott & O'Brien now both injured.
Put Robbie out wide for the whole game.
Think he brought on Marlon as their CB's were roughing up Hayes all game but he can take it.
McCoulsky not a chance against that defence.

Exile 1976 wrote:I have been a bit critical of Flynny's substitutions this season but he didn't really have much of a choice with his subs last night, (with the obvious exception, that for reasons unknown to anyone except Flynny, bringing Jackson on instead of McCoulsky) OB & Hayes had to come off injured, and in my opinion, putting Tozer into the back and bringing on Osadebe was the right choice.
I agree with that ..... Loved to have seen Sheehan a lot earlier, just brings something a lot different.

What is it with the OBrien ... “ave it!!!!!” approach ?? No composure whatsoever in his play .

Justanordinaryfan wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:I have been a bit critical of Flynny's substitutions this season but he didn't really have much of a choice with his subs last night, (with the obvious exception, that for reasons unknown to anyone except Flynny, bringing Jackson on instead of McCoulsky) OB & Hayes had to come off injured, and in my opinion, putting Tozer into the back and bringing on Osadebe was the right choice.
I agree with that ..... Loved to have seen Sheehan a lot earlier, just brings something a lot different.

What is it with the OBrien ... “ave it!!!!!” approach ?? No composure whatsoever in his play .

We were laughing about his no nonsense 'ave it approach last night, the only composure he shows on the ball is when he's inside the oppo's box ! Another good strike from him yesterday :lol:

We were unlucky to concede an own goal.They scored from a corner that never was. We could / should have scored 7. Their squad cost over £1m more than ours. They are 7th in the form table. The game changed when O'Brien went off injured. Their 3rd goal was following an excellent passing move.

The positives are Paul Hayes, Sheehan inching back to fitness, Labadie and Nouble would have benefited from a rest and we may be forced back into 4-3-3 depending on the injury to O'Brien. It should make for an exciting end to the season.

In my opinion Drawing 3-3 against a good and much improved FGR side is not the end of the world. Furthermore, reaching 49 points 11 games before we reached 48 last season represents significant progress.

Justanordinaryfan wrote:First 20 we battered them ... and played best stuff I’ve seen for a while. FGR then managed to get a foot hold in the game knocked the ball around, and the composure seemed to wilt?

How we fell for the 3rd goal I don’t know. They played the ball left to right for eternity trying to set Collins up before they actually did.

It didnt help that we had no 'out ball' as Amond was pushed back into a right sided midfielder and jackson wasnt even competing for the ball most of the time...As soon as Hayes went off we had very little upfront......MF made those decisions
IMO if he had brought on Sheehan instead of Osadebe and McCoulsky instaed of Jackson we would have perfromed much better as mcCoulsky would have shut their centre half down , or at least made them play with all the freedon they had and Sheehan would have tried to hold onto the ball .
Why he thought the two he brought on were better equipped to do so is a mystery to us all.
Even in the first half when we were on top you could see how FGR struggled with pace as Amond and Hayes got behind their defence countless times . No for some reason MF thought pumping the ball long to a striker who was jumping to soon was the best option.

neilcork68 wrote:
Justanordinaryfan wrote:First 20 we battered them ... and played best stuff I’ve seen for a while. FGR then managed to get a foot hold in the game knocked the ball around, and the composure seemed to wilt?

How we fell for the 3rd goal I don’t know. They played the ball left to right for eternity trying to set Collins up before they actually did.

It didnt help that we had no 'out ball' as Amond was pushed back into a right sided midfielder and jackson wasnt even competing for the ball most of the time...As soon as Hayes went off we had very little upfront......MF made those decisions
IMO if he had brought on Sheehan instead of Osadebe and McCoulsky instaed of Jackson we would have perfromed much better as mcCoulsky would have shut their centre half down , or at least made them play with all the freedon they had and Sheehan would have tried to hold onto the ball .
Why he thought the two he brought on were better equipped to do so is a mystery to us all.
Even in the first half when we were on top you could see how FGR struggled with pace as Amond and Hayes got behind their defence countless times . No for some reason MF thought pumping the ball long to a striker who was jumping to soon was the best option.
You are possibly correct in what you state apart from one point as you keep putting everything in the plural.
"Is a mystery to all of us"
Who are all of us?
Maybe the wrong decision but its not a mystery possibly he thought with FGR having a few bruisers in their line up.
McCoulsky and Sheehan would be not up to it.
I would of kept Wilmott on and taken Dolan off he was knackered albeit it was far to late to make that substitution then.
Clearly despite lack of match time Osabede is not a Labs replacement.