Butler
Labadie
Dolan
Sheehan

Amond
Hayes

Subs........ McCoulsky for Hayes when Hayes gets knackerd after 65-70 mins
Wilmott for Sheehan 70-75 mins same reason
O'Brien (if fit) for Dolan 80 mins....or Nouble for Amond around the same time if not

Play a diamond formation with Dolan holding , Butler left side of midfield , Sheehan right , Labadie supporting the front two

Re: Saturdays Team

Exile 1976 wrote:I don't like Demetriou playing anywhere other than CB mate, that said, if we're playing with a back 4 then I'd rather him than Butler there I suppose. Decent line up that.

Demetriou has been a full back for the majority of his career before joining us. Its only since he joined us that he converted into a centre half........
we would still have Butler on that side to help out because Yeovil have pace in Green if he plays

neilcork68 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:I don't like Demetriou playing anywhere other than CB mate, that said, if we're playing with a back 4 then I'd rather him than Butler there I suppose. Decent line up that.

Demetriou has been a full back for the majority of his career before joining us. Its only since he joined us that he converted into a centre half........
we would still have Butler on that side to help out because Yeovil have pace in Green if he plays

I know he's played a lot at left back during his career but when he's played there for us, admittedly not many times at all, he hasn't looked anywhere near the level he displays at CB. Having Butlers pace to track back and help is certainly a big plus

UPTHEPORT wrote:It's time to give the youngsters a run now see if they are good enough to keep because looking like we are not going to make play offs so pressure is off and if we pick up a few wins happy days
Which youngsters would you like to see in the first 11 or even coming on for Cameos.
Pressure is certainly not off yet though.

UPTHEPORT wrote:It's time to give the youngsters a run now see if they are good enough to keep because looking like we are not going to make play offs so pressure is off and if we pick up a few wins happy days

I've seen the 'yougsters' a few times this season and as much as I would like to agree with you most aren't up to it IMO and it would set a few backwards

Harps62 wrote:
Which youngsters would you like to see in the first 11 or even coming on for Cameos.
Yes pressure is off we are going to be mid table we won't go down

Give Touray a run in first team I say

neilcork68 wrote:Day

Pipe
White
Tozer
Demetriou

Butler
Labadie
Dolan
Sheehan

Amond
Hayes

O'Brien (if fit) for Dolan 80 mins....or Nouble for Amond around the same time if not

Play a diamond formation with Dolan holding , Butler left side of midfield , Sheehan right , Labadie supporting the front two
Dolan's not a holding midfielder, though as Labadie's in there it doesn't really matter because he can do that. Dolan should start for no other reason than he'll be more motivated as ex-Yeovil. Tozer too, though I don't like him as a CB, we just work better as a 3/5.

So that's probably my preferred starting XI as well, though as a 5-3-2/3-5-2

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Harps62 wrote:
Yes pressure is off we are going to be mid table we won't go down

Give Touray a run in first team I say
Can't disagree with that, but not yet. If we get to a point where we absolutely, definitely, will not be in with a shout of the playoffs (we'll know in the next 3 matches if we don't win at least two of them), there will still be plenty of home games left to try things out without rotating everyone.

Pipe
White
Tozer
Demetriou

Butler
Labadie
Dolan
Sheehan

Amond
Hayes

Alternatively tozer, Mickey D and butler stay in their positions and Dolan plays on the left labs on the right and sheehan just behind the front two.

Bush wrote:

Pipe
White
Tozer
Demetriou

Butler
Labadie
Dolan
Sheehan

Amond
Hayes

Alternatively tozer, Mickey D and butler stay in their positions and Dolan plays on the left labs on the right and sheehan just behind the front two.
Dolan and Labadie won't be far left or right with a back five, a nice narrow, defensive midfield which supports the strikers occasionally would be fine.

SJG99 wrote:
Bush wrote:

Pipe
White
Tozer
Demetriou

Butler
Labadie
Dolan
Sheehan

Amond
Hayes

Dolan and Labadie won't be far left or right with a back five, a nice narrow, defensive midfield which supports the strikers occasionally would be fine.
Neil hasn't picked a back 5 though. He's picked a back 4 with a diamond in midfield. Dolan would be on left and labadie on right for me.

Pipe
White
Tozer
Demetriou

Butler
Labadie
Dolan
Sheehan

Amond
Hayes

Why would you move one of the best centre backs in League Two (Demetriou) to left back ?