Re: Saturdays Team

neilcork68 wrote:Why don't we 'humble fans' know a players strengths ?????

MF has been saying that he picks 'x player' because they have done well in trainning... Come matchday that player is 'dire'
Is he right to pick him because of his performances where it doesn't matter or how they perform during 'important ' league fixtures ????
Football is littered with stories of certain players being dogpoo in trainning but excellent when it matters..Newcastle got rid of MITROVIC on loan to Fulham because Rafael Benitez said he was ''a crap trainer and didnt deserve his place in the squad''
He is ripping it up in the Championship
No idea who these dire players are?
Its all a bit of fun picking sides but like the fella said above would trust Flynny every time over anybody on here..
Thought FGR were a good side far from crap.
Nothing wrong with Tuesdays side apart from as always parking the bus.
With a bit of luck we could of won than a minimum of 6-2 or 3 and everybody would be saying what a great performance even Marlon & Robbie would of not got it in the ear off the odd contributor or maybe they would of.
Unless injuries have kept any out, just one change Labs for Dolan otherwise unchanged team including the bench but Collins drops out.
If Flynny wants Robbie out wide great but if he wants him holding midfield has to start with Sheehan.

Just for you Harps...You know i was on about jackson because Flynn has said he has picked him because he performs in trainning.....He has been ' DIRE ' in games and you well know it....You just have your views and you dont like it if people challenge them
then you come out with ..''its only a bit of fun''

Surely even fans with AMBER tinted specs on couldnt say that Jackson had a half decent game on Tuesday and mean it...Before he came on we had something that resembled a forward line , after it NOTHING

So by yours and your minion Loyalfoots arguement Graham Westley was better placed to pick a side when he managed us than any fan who attended because he was the man in charge ????? Even though we lost x number of games on the trot and were relegation candidates before the BOD sacked him.
Thats what you are saying , or is it just because a Newport Lad is in charge ????

I am sat here Listening , I am waiting to hear a poster or two reversing because their arguement doesnt suit their agenda............ :lol:
remember you two ....( or is it one ) wrote...........The manager knows best and is in a better place than any fan....So did Westley know best ????
Last edited by neilcork68 on March 8th, 2018, 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

neilcork68 wrote:Just for you Harps...You know i was on about jackson because Flynn has said he has picked him because he performs in trainning.....He has been ' DIRE ' in games and you well know it....You just have your views and you dont like it if people challenge them

Surely even fans with AMBER tinted specs on couldnt say that Jackson had a half decent game on Tuesday and mean it...Before he came on we had something that resembled a forward line , after it NOTHING
Marlon seems like a really decent bloke and did a lot of work in the community when out injured but he is nowhere near league 2 standard and it baffles me and a lot others when he gets the nod over a loanee who has a pretty good scoring record and can produce when coming off the bench, still hopefully we have hit on our best front two pairing in Amond and Hayes even though it took Franks hamstring to force the issue, really hope this is the front two for the remainder of the season and think Hayes is showing enough to warrant another year at the club.

Goddard & woods wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:Just for you Harps...You know i was on about jackson because Flynn has said he has picked him because he performs in trainning.....He has been ' DIRE ' in games and you well know it....You just have your views and you dont like it if people challenge them

Marlon seems like a really decent bloke and did a lot of work in the community when out injured but he is nowhere near league 2 standard and it baffles me and a lot others when he gets the nod over a loanee who has a pretty good scoring record and can produce when coming off the bench, still hopefully we have hit on our best front two pairing in Amond and Hayes even though it took Franks hamstring to force the issue, really hope this is the front two for the remainder of the season and think Hayes is showing enough to warrant another year at the club.

I have nothing personnel against himeither because when I spoke to him whilst he worked in the club shop he was a 'decent bloke' . Its his footballing ability that is the problem.
The points you raise about the circumstances that had to happen before MF altered things are infact things that MF needs to learn fast about or it could lead to his downfall. In football there is no place for sentiment and friendship at our level and above as its a cut throat business. lose 5/6 games on the trot and you find yourself out of a job.
Hayes - I would offer him another contract now as player / striker coach...He seems to have a lot of ability in coaching by what I have seen off him whilst he was warming up. I also think , looking at him he has another year in his legs playing off the bench and the odd game.

So by yours and your minion Loyalfoots arguement Graham Westley was better placed to pick a side when he managed us than any fan who attended because he was the man in charge ????? Even though we lost x number of games on the trot and were relegation candidates before the BOD sacked him.
Thats what you are saying , or is it just because a Newport Lad is in charge ????

Like everybody on here I am entitled to my opinion.
Regarding Tuesday if the keeper had not done a good save Marlon would be off the mark and you wouldn't be going on about the poor fella again.
The fact we lost 2 points had nothing to do with him.
It was a simple case of parking the bus again unfortunately.
Even Padraig had no chance in the last half hour nor would of Collins or McCoulsky.
If you cannot see that I couldn't care less.
Regarding comparing Flynny to Westley is pathetic as is the Newport Lad angle.
I have no idea who Loyal foot is and if you think I am lying come to the supporters meeting and say that to my face.
Because another contributor agrees with me you call him a minion.
How pathetic is that.
Guess what I don't think he is the only one by the way who appreciates my views on here.
Having lost my dear Dad this week I am writing this trying to keep my cool with you.
You can keep your tirade up as long as you want but I will never reply to you ever again on this forum.
Just keep the abuse going as it makes you happy.
Thanks
Harps.

I am sat here Listening , I am waiting to hear a poster or two reversing because their arguement doesnt suit their agenda............ :lol:
remember you two ....( or is it one ) wrote...........The manager knows best and is in a better place than any fan....So did Westley know best ????

With both Hayes and Amond playing centrally unlike noble we need to play with wingers, if not wilmott give mcGoalski a go out wide with his pace he can beat a fullback and get a cross in or can beat his man and drive in to the box himself.
Both Hayes and Armond will thrive of a winger

We need to drop Hayes to help the opposition.It's not fair on their CB's to have him in their ear all game ,winning headers,flick ons,scoring goals and giving them a torrid time.Bring back Frank who wouldn't say boo to a goose and would keep the linesman company or get in Butler's way rather than win headers,flick ons or score goals.We need teams to like us and their CB's to be on easy street.